Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ 12:16 - Oct 17 with 1400 viewsgiant_stow

more happy news:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-syria-us-nuclear-weapons-

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 12:17 - Oct 17 with 1389 viewswkj

Donald "Isis slain in 1 month" Johnson should know better than to leave his toys laying about. SMH

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 12:22 - Oct 17 with 1369 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm sure Trumpie's letter to Erdogan will have smoothed over any problems.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 12:26 - Oct 17 with 1360 viewswkj

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 12:22 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm sure Trumpie's letter to Erdogan will have smoothed over any problems.

Erdogen promptly put it in the bin apparently. THE BIN! not the recycling! Reckless tosser.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:11 - Oct 17 with 1301 viewsGuthrum

Turkey can't actually use them (no delivery aircraft). Any attempt to sieze the bombs or prevent removal would lead to serious repercussions.

Plus all the major players are extremely concerned about those kind of things falling into the wrong hands. The Russians won't want unsecured nuclear weapons floating around any more than the Americans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:20 - Oct 17 with 1262 viewsgiant_stow

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:11 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Turkey can't actually use them (no delivery aircraft). Any attempt to sieze the bombs or prevent removal would lead to serious repercussions.

Plus all the major players are extremely concerned about those kind of things falling into the wrong hands. The Russians won't want unsecured nuclear weapons floating around any more than the Americans.

Thanks for your thoughts mr. One question though: what repercussions would there be for seizing these weapons? Wouldn't just having the uranium (or whatever is in them) making the holder fairly untouchable?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:37 - Oct 17 with 1213 viewsfactual_blue

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:20 - Oct 17 by giant_stow

Thanks for your thoughts mr. One question though: what repercussions would there be for seizing these weapons? Wouldn't just having the uranium (or whatever is in them) making the holder fairly untouchable?

The repercussions you say?

Something like this

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:38 - Oct 17 with 1211 viewsGuthrum

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:20 - Oct 17 by giant_stow

Anything up to and including a full-scale military assault to get the weapons back (or destroy them). Perhaps a trade blockade (not just sanctions) so severe it really would destroy the economy.

Possessing a nuclear bomb (note, these are not missile warheads) is only of any use if you have a suitable delivery aircraft, having on board the necessary technology to arm and fire them. Re-engineering would take time and is not straightforward.

A nuclear weapon is a highly complex machine, with lots of things having to happen in the right order and the right direction at precisely the right time for it to work properly.

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:14 - Oct 17 with 1167 viewsOldsmoker

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:11 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

I'm no expert but do nuclear bombs "float"?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:27 - Oct 17 with 1151 viewsGuthrum

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:14 - Oct 17 by Oldsmoker

Not on water, but around black market networks, quite possibly.

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:42 - Oct 17 with 1134 viewsgiant_stow

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 13:38 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Anything up to and including a full-scale military assault to get the weapons back (or destroy them). Perhaps a trade blockade (not just sanctions) so severe it really would destroy the economy.

Possessing a nuclear bomb (note, these are not missile warheads) is only of any use if you have a suitable delivery aircraft, having on board the necessary technology to arm and fire them. Re-engineering would take time and is not straightforward.

A nuclear weapon is a highly complex machine, with lots of things having to happen in the right order and the right direction at precisely the right time for it to work properly.

cheers for the good info (as ever)

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:48 - Oct 17 with 1131 viewsOldsmoker

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:27 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Not on water, but around black market networks, quite possibly.

It is quite possible that some scamp might start a conspiracy theory that ISIS have got hold of one of Turkeys nuclear weapons.
The theory could happen but not the actual theft - or could it?
That would send the US into meltdown as they would have to start a war to find the WMD and get it back.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:59 - Oct 17 with 1118 viewsGeoffSentence

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 14:14 - Oct 17 by Oldsmoker

Nope. The US lost at least one at the bottom of the Mediterranean. That one missed Spain. The others were direct hits.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 15:01 - Oct 17 with 1113 viewsStokieBlue

It all depends how far Turkey want to take it. If the US want their bombs back then there is little that Turkey can realistically do to stop them.

They can't use them though so the US might just decide if it comes to it to blow them up and let Turkey deal with the dirty contamination and simply say we asked for them back but you refused. That is far from ideal though.

Turkey aren't suicidal though - they will push it as far as they can then back down.

SB
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 15:02]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 15:37 - Oct 17 with 1080 viewsflimflam

Some serious James Bond shiiite right there

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ on 15:40 - Oct 17 with 1073 viewsbluejacko

I would hazard a guess that knowing how seriously Nukes are guarded the Turks will get no where near them! What are they going to do if the Yanks decide to fly them out?use their SS 400s?
That’s always assuming the weapons are actually there.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 15:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024