Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin 10:01 - Oct 18 with 6690 viewsElderGrizzly

[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 10:01]
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:04 - Oct 18 with 3738 viewsgiant_stow

Wow, hadn't seen things explained like that.

thanks for sharing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:07 - Oct 18 with 3729 viewsNotSure

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:04 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

Wow, hadn't seen things explained like that.

thanks for sharing.

"currently utterly unreported"

It was on the radio 4 today programme this morning.
It's a decent point he is making but he shouldn't try and pretend he is the only one who knows this!
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:09 - Oct 18 with 3710 viewsElderGrizzly

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:07 - Oct 18 by NotSure

It's a decent point he is making but he shouldn't try and pretend he is the only one who knows this!

They were reporting on his tweet from 12 hours ago
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:09 - Oct 18 with 3711 viewsGuthrum

The EU will be as keen to cobble something together before that happens as they have been now. They still won't want No Deal in two or three years time.

Plus there is a reasonable chance a hard-line Brexiteer Conservative government may not be in power by the time we get there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:16 - Oct 18 with 3670 viewsgiant_stow

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:09 - Oct 18 by Guthrum

The EU will be as keen to cobble something together before that happens as they have been now. They still won't want No Deal in two or three years time.

Plus there is a reasonable chance a hard-line Brexiteer Conservative government may not be in power by the time we get there.

But following the logic that hard brexit affects us more than them, it gives them a useful stick to beat us with in negotiations as that next deadline approaches.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:17 - Oct 18 with 3659 viewsgiant_stow

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:07 - Oct 18 by NotSure

I don't get to listen to Radio 4 in the mornings - lucky if I can avoid Milkshake on C5

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:22 - Oct 18 with 3661 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm also loving The Spectators' view on matters today.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/five-reasons-why-boris-johnsons-brexit-dea

Point 4.

Due to certain clauses in Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement, the UK would have been legally bound to the EU’s ‘level playing field’ rules — such as minimum standards on environmental policy and employment law.

This is a good thing?

5 points on why diarrhea is better than constipation would be more apt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:22 - Oct 18 with 3643 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:16 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

But following the logic that hard brexit affects us more than them, it gives them a useful stick to beat us with in negotiations as that next deadline approaches.

Oh yeah.
I've said this before and I'll say it again 'give us what we want or we'll f*ck ourselves into the ground' is, at best, a rather flawed negotiating position.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 10:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:25 - Oct 18 with 3624 viewsDanTheMan

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:22 - Oct 18 by artsbossbeard

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/five-reasons-why-boris-johnsons-brexit-dea

Point 4.

Due to certain clauses in Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement, the UK would have been legally bound to the EU’s ‘level playing field’ rules — such as minimum standards on environmental policy and employment law.

This is a good thing?

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

"oh yeah? Well if you want that in a trade deal, we want to option to pollute more!"

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 3607 viewsartsbossbeard

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:25 - Oct 18 by DanTheMan

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

"oh yeah? Well if you want that in a trade deal, we want to option to pollute more!"

Amazing, isn't it?!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:32 - Oct 18 with 3584 viewsHerbivore

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:22 - Oct 18 by artsbossbeard

Point 4.

This is a good thing?

This is precisely why the ERG are likely to back the deal. Little changes like this make it a harder Brexit than May's already pretty hard Brexit. It enables us to become a deregulated, low tax, low worker's rights economy. That's their wet dream. The fact it means that many of them will have to do something they said they'd never do in going against the DUP won't even register. These people are utter pond scum. Those who have been duped into thinking that these low lives are fighting for something for them, I feel really sorry for. They've been had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:42 - Oct 18 with 3530 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:32 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

This is precisely why the ERG are likely to back the deal. Little changes like this make it a harder Brexit than May's already pretty hard Brexit. It enables us to become a deregulated, low tax, low worker's rights economy. That's their wet dream. The fact it means that many of them will have to do something they said they'd never do in going against the DUP won't even register. These people are utter pond scum. Those who have been duped into thinking that these low lives are fighting for something for them, I feel really sorry for. They've been had.

Surely if we are not governed by EU laws, everytime a new party comes into power, they will propose a wholesale change in the laws to suit their political position?

This would be a nightmare.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:45 - Oct 18 with 3519 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:42 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Surely if we are not governed by EU laws, everytime a new party comes into power, they will propose a wholesale change in the laws to suit their political position?

It's almost like the whole thing was a flag-waving, foreigner-bashing exercise in short-termism for the sole benefit of some free-market extremists and disaster capitalists.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 10:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:51 - Oct 18 with 3471 viewsfooters

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:45 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

It's almost like the whole thing was a flag-waving, foreigner-bashing exercise in short-termism for the sole benefit of some free-market extremists and disaster capitalists.

And don't forget our (read French) blessed blue passport manufacturers.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 3435 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:51 - Oct 18 by footers

And don't forget our (read French) blessed blue passport manufacturers.

There'll be lots* of new hospitals. We can't staff them safely, but they'll be there as well.

*if your idea of 'lots' is the highest score you can get from rolling a six-sided dice

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:57 - Oct 18 with 3424 viewsfooters

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:55 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

There'll be lots* of new hospitals. We can't staff them safely, but they'll be there as well.

*if your idea of 'lots' is the highest score you can get from rolling a six-sided dice

Made out of discarded wine boxes no doubt, full of happy, painted patients :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:57 - Oct 18 with 3425 viewsfactual_blue

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:16 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

I've never been convinced by that view. I'd be grateful for an explanation.

Preferably one that doesn't boil down 'yeah, well they're all stupid foreigners'.

(i don't for a moment think that you personally would give such an explanation btw)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:11 - Oct 18 with 3366 viewsElderGrizzly

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:32 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

They’re likely to back it as a Hard Brexit and even a no deal is likely at the end of 2020

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:17 - Oct 18 with 3349 viewsPinewoodblue

Rather than start another Brexit related thread thought I would ask a question on this one.

The UK owns shares in the European Investment Bank and those shares have a nominal value of €40 billion. Can Boris use them to pay the €39B or will they be redistributed among the 27?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:29 - Oct 18 with 3291 viewslongtimefan

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:17 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

Rather than start another Brexit related thread thought I would ask a question on this one.

The UK owns shares in the European Investment Bank and those shares have a nominal value of €40 billion. Can Boris use them to pay the €39B or will they be redistributed among the 27?

It would really help if these people got their facts right. Because we have continued to pay our bill, the current Divorce Bill is £33B not £39B. This, along with the repercussions mentioned, was also reported on R4 Today programme this morning.
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:30 - Oct 18 with 3288 viewsSibelius8

Point 4.

This is a good thing?

"Due to certain clauses in Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement, the UK would have been legally bound to the EU’s ‘level playing field’ rules — such as minimum standards on environmental policy and employment law."

The above quotation is about May's proposed deal, not Johnson's.

The whole Spectator article's concluding paragraph sums up Johnson's deal neatly and precisely:

"Now that the backstop has been removed, it also appears that ECJ’s jurisdiction has been massively reduced. The ECJ will still have jurisdiction over EU citizen’s rights for a time-limited period, and over disputes that relate to an interpretation of EU law in the WA. Northern Ireland will also be subject to some ECJ jurisdiction as long as it remains aligned to the EU. But once we leave, the UK will be free to set its own laws, in its own parliament, with its own elected representatives voting on legislation."
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:30 - Oct 18 with 3283 viewsBrianTablet

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:45 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

In years to come, that will become the OED definition of 'Brexit'.

BREXIT: (n) a flag-waving, foreigner-bashing exercise in short-termism for the sole benefit of some free-market extremists and disaster capitalists.

example: "Let's get Brexit done you surrendering treasonous crusties."

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:33 - Oct 18 with 3276 viewsFtnfwest

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:17 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

This has always been a more acceptable element of what is basically Teresa May's deal in that if we stay in, our commitments against this 'bill' are actually about double the £39B. So in answer to the question, it would be however we were going to pay £70 odd billion to the EU in the first place.
So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:38 - Oct 18 with 3244 viewsRyorry

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 10:42 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

That was a primary reason for my voting remain!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:42 - Oct 18 with 3239 viewsHerbivore

So Boris is paying the £39bn after all and this is “No Deal” in new clothin on 11:30 - Oct 18 by Sibelius8

"Due to certain clauses in Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement, the UK would have been legally bound to the EU’s ‘level playing field’ rules — such as minimum standards on environmental policy and employment law."

The above quotation is about May's proposed deal, not Johnson's.

The whole Spectator article's concluding paragraph sums up Johnson's deal neatly and precisely:

"Now that the backstop has been removed, it also appears that ECJ’s jurisdiction has been massively reduced. The ECJ will still have jurisdiction over EU citizen’s rights for a time-limited period, and over disputes that relate to an interpretation of EU law in the WA. Northern Ireland will also be subject to some ECJ jurisdiction as long as it remains aligned to the EU. But once we leave, the UK will be free to set its own laws, in its own parliament, with its own elected representatives voting on legislation."

So we'll basically have what we have now but just be a lot poorer and with far fewer rights for the average citizen. Where do I sign?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024