Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington 11:14 - Oct 18 with 6350 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sunday
12 o'clock
Live on sky

That is a ridiculous following.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 11:40 - Oct 18 with 5674 viewsbrazil1982

I didn't expect that many tbh. Like myself, I expect a healthy following from Northern based supporters.
Great support.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:04 - Oct 18 with 5622 viewsPJH

More than I thought.

A couple of hundred or so more than went to Bolton which is difficult to reconcile.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:10 - Oct 18 with 5592 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:04 - Oct 18 by PJH

More than I thought.

A couple of hundred or so more than went to Bolton which is difficult to reconcile.

Bolton presumably impacted by the fear the game may not go ahead and no refunds issued, plus the fact that we’ve been on something of a roll since then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:14 - Oct 18 with 5578 viewsPJH

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:10 - Oct 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bolton presumably impacted by the fear the game may not go ahead and no refunds issued, plus the fact that we’ve been on something of a roll since then

Yes, both those points make sense.

With all the reasons for NOT going to Accrington to take close to a thousand is remarkable.

Will be interesting to see how many of us are at Rochdale on a Tuesday night.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 13:17 - Oct 18 with 5424 viewsEastTownBlue

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:14 - Oct 18 by PJH

With all the reasons for NOT going to Accrington to take close to a thousand is remarkable.

600 sold out of an allocated 900 was the update last week.

Should get nearer that figure.

I wonder how many tickets would have been sold for Accrington if we didn’t get the opportunity to tick that ground off last season ?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 13:19]
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 13:46 - Oct 18 with 5350 viewsBluebell

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 13:17 - Oct 18 by EastTownBlue

I wonder how many tickets would have been sold for Accrington if we didn’t get the opportunity to tick that ground off last season ?

One of the reasons we are not going is because we were there for the cup game. Also a nightmare to get there on a Sunday morning for us.

I will watch on Sky and wish I was there.

A lovely little old fashioned ground and with great facilities.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:00 - Oct 18 with 5297 viewsbrazil1982

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 13:46 - Oct 18 by Bluebell

One of the reasons we are not going is because we were there for the cup game. Also a nightmare to get there on a Sunday morning for us.

I will watch on Sky and wish I was there.

A lovely little old fashioned ground and with great facilities.

It's a terrible ground!
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:01 - Oct 18 with 5292 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:00 - Oct 18 by brazil1982

It's a terrible ground!

It has character. Give me an Accrington over a ground like Hull or Derby anyday.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:06 - Oct 18 with 5278 viewsPJH

I did not go to the cup game so it is a first for me.

I fully understand why people like the opportunity to go to a ground that they have not been to before but that has never been a 'thing' for me.

Well perhaps once when I went to Plymouth for the one and only time very early one season in Jimbo's reign.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:18 - Oct 18 with 5228 viewsHerbivore

That is cracking support I have to say. It's not even possible to get a train on the day that will get you there for kick off going from Ipswich, which really puts it into context. It's no normal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:19 - Oct 18 with 5228 viewsbrazil1982

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:01 - Oct 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

It has character. Give me an Accrington over a ground like Hull or Derby anyday.

Oh I agree but Accrington's ground for away supporters is really poor, they desperately need a new stand.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:23 - Oct 18 with 5219 viewsPJH

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:18 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

That is cracking support I have to say. It's not even possible to get a train on the day that will get you there for kick off going from Ipswich, which really puts it into context. It's no normal.

It's no normal leaving Portman Road at 0400 in the morning either but two coach loads(I think) of us are doing it-don't know if both coaches are full but those going by ITFC arranged coach to away games normally equates to about 10% of any particular games following.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:33 - Oct 18 with 5191 viewsSaleAway

I went last season - would have gone this time if it was an hour later, but I can't get there in time, so going to have to resort to sky.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:39 - Oct 18 with 5168 viewsHerbivore

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:23 - Oct 18 by PJH

It's no normal leaving Portman Road at 0400 in the morning either but two coach loads(I think) of us are doing it-don't know if both coaches are full but those going by ITFC arranged coach to away games normally equates to about 10% of any particular games following.

That's definitely no normal. Much as a I love Town I can't imagine many things worse than sitting on a cramped coach for 10 hours in a day with a bunch of football fans. More power to you, genuinely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 5135 viewsZedRodgers

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:10 - Oct 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I wondered if the fact we were up there quite recently (April?) made it one that people weren't as interested in.

No, not at the moment

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 15:09 - Oct 18 with 5093 viewsPJH

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:39 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

That's definitely no normal. Much as a I love Town I can't imagine many things worse than sitting on a cramped coach for 10 hours in a day with a bunch of football fans. More power to you, genuinely.

I fully understand that for some (or probably most) that is not the ideal way of getting to and from a football match but as Sunday will be my 99th consecutive away League game(100th if playoff at Carrot Rud is included)by coach I am pretty used to it.

I also went to the vast majority of away games for three years or so before that unbroken run started.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 18:23 - Oct 18 with 4879 viewsIpswichKnight

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:14 - Oct 18 by PJH

I'm off to the Rochdale game, mainly as not been there and chance to tick that one off!
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 18:59 - Oct 18 with 4833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not at the game Sunday as the trains don’t get there in time. Instead, we’ve got a cracker of a day planned.

7 of us in the pub for the game, roast dinner or something in the boozer and then back to mine for United v liverpool on the box. Need the scousers for £250.

If Carlsberg did Sunday’s
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:00]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 19:14 - Oct 18 with 4779 viewsSpruceMoose

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 18:59 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Not at the game Sunday as the trains don’t get there in time. Instead, we’ve got a cracker of a day planned.

7 of us in the pub for the game, roast dinner or something in the boozer and then back to mine for United v liverpool on the box. Need the scousers for £250.

If Carlsberg did Sunday’s
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:00]

...I'd drink Pilsner Urquell?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 20:23 - Oct 18 with 4672 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 19:14 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

...I'd drink Pilsner Urquell?

Pilsner - the drink of the mighty bootlegger

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 20:31 - Oct 18 with 4660 viewsAlanG296

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:00 - Oct 18 by brazil1982

It's a terrible ground!

Sorry upped that by mistake, should have done a down. Lovely ground. Proper football ground. Much better than the identikit soulless places built in the last 20 years.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 20:51 - Oct 18 with 4622 viewsAlanG296

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:19 - Oct 18 by brazil1982

Oh I agree but Accrington's ground for away supporters is really poor, they desperately need a new stand.

Snowflake! Open terrace for away fans is traditional. No point having seats anyway as they don't get used. You expect a roof? Travelling home soaking wet after a game was part of the away fan experience. Most grounds used to give us an open terrace with a small section of seats in a stand on the side for those who were unable to stand or were just wimps. Proper football grounds for proper football.
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:09 - Oct 19 with 4236 viewsLeaky

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 14:18 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

I couldn't get a train from Huntingdon, That includes trying drive/ train journey via Milton Keynes. Only option was stay over Sat. night which for me was not possible
Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:25 - Oct 19 with 4208 viewsDublinBlue84

Went last year, really wanted to go back this year but too many things against it.

Moving it to Sunday at 12 noon on the same day as Man Utd vs Liverpool driven the train prices right the way up, the idea of staying somewhere in Lancashire the night before an expensive move and impossible to get there on the day via the train and I'm not a massive fan of sitting on a coach for many hours or doing such a big drive and back on the day.

It's on Sky anyway and for the couple of hundred quid or more I'll save I'll be able to go to a few away games as the season goes on so it's a no brainer for me to be honest. The idea that it makes me a plastic fan as some people are calling the likes of me is laughable, not everyone can fork out £200 for an away match.

Great ground, welcomed away fans in for a drink before the match, stewards decent, great banter with the goalkeeper, one of the best away days last year. If you're up north and can go then you won't regret it. Despite the result a really great day and a proper football club.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 12:28]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 4171 viewsRyorry

Just under 1000 tickets sold for Accrington on 11:40 - Oct 18 by brazil1982

I didn't expect that many tbh. Like myself, I expect a healthy following from Northern based supporters.
Great support.

Even if you live elsewhere in the N, a noon k/o still requires an early start for a 2-3hr drive, because trains are particularly untimely/unreliable on Sundays. Little or no consideration given to travelling fans, as per.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024