Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... 15:31 - Oct 18 with 16591 viewsitfcjoe

.....this is becoming an issue it seems.

A male born woman is the world champion in a track cycling event and defends that in Manchester on at the weekend. Canadian called Rachel McKinnon

https://news.sky.com/story/trans-cyclist-rachel-mckinnon-defends-her-right-to-ra

Also mentions in there a formerly male weightlifter who competed, who has now transitioned across to the women's side and won 2 gold's at the Pacific Games.

It can't just be me that thinks this is just ridiculous, it's not something that needs great debate surely - men have a huge physical advantage over women with the evidence being every sport in the world where men are faster, stronger and quicker.

When you look back at the 80s and see the lengths that the Eastern bloc would go to to win medals, and how heavily abused the women were with their hormone treatments which have turned a few into men later in life as they had so much testosterone it's obvious this will be abused.

And current case with Caster Semenya as well and her levels.

It does seem at the moment that trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is the rugby story on 16:27 - Oct 18 with 3133 viewsitfcjoe

This is the rugby story on 16:13 - Oct 18 by Swansea_Blue

Paywall, so I wasn't quite sure what the issue was. Whether refs were being told to not tackle big women over fears for their own safety or the players.

But I could see as far as the bearded women comment....

Basically refs are responsible for safety, and if someone is too physically dominant they can ask them to leave the pitch - but they can't with a transwoman for fear of getting labelled as a transphobe but yet have to take responsibility

There was one example in there of a transwomen playing and their captain had remarked how they had folded their opponent up like an envelope when they tackled them.

So women and refs are walking away from the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:28 - Oct 18 with 3126 viewsBlue_Order

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:23 - Oct 18 by footers

Not true. Male thumb muscles are far more developed than female, especially with the rampant use of PEDs in pro tiddlywinking.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 16:23]

They can forget about Pogs and all then.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:33 - Oct 18 with 3113 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:10 - Oct 18 by Reuser_is_God

You talk utter nonsense.

It's very simple, it should not be allowed. One of the arguments frequently used on here in trans debates is that gender and sex are not the same thing. You can respect someone's gender identity while using a bit of common sense when it comes to things like this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:41 - Oct 18 with 3083 viewsRadlett_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:23 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

The only sports really are those which require no athletic ability at all, like darts or snooker. Even something where you walk like Golf is a game of strength at the top level.

Even in those sports currently the best men are streets ahead of the best women for whatever reason - and making it mixed isn't really an issue but would effectively kill the women's game

Separate women's events for motor racing make little sense, especially because being lighter is a positive advantage in a single seater. Agree about darts & snooker, although height & reach would be an advantage.
I also don't understand why men & women seem to have separate competitions in chess & bridge, which are purely about brain power. Some women have done well in the World series of Poker.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:43 - Oct 18 with 3082 viewsBluefish

Joe you seem to talk about transgender in the same way that most people until recently talked about gay people. It come across that you are saying it is a lifestyle choice.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:48 - Oct 18 with 3056 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:43 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

Joe you seem to talk about transgender in the same way that most people until recently talked about gay people. It come across that you are saying it is a lifestyle choice.

There's clearly nothing like that in his post. He's talking about the very real issue of big differences in body composition. It's a real thing that needs proper debate.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:55 - Oct 18 with 3039 viewsBobbychase

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:43 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

And here we have the problem. This is a growing and serious issue in women's sport but nobody is allowed to talk about it openly because of the fear of being labelled transphobic.

Here's a line from the group who support women who have been abused by their partners. Chilling stuff.

"Canada, where self-ID is already law, provides some interesting examples of this ‘debate’ (or lack of it), and shows that in some cases, trans activists and their supporters will stop at nothing to try to shut down female voices. The case of Nixon v Vancouver Rape Relief (VRR) was a legal action case involving a trans woman whose application to volunteer to work with rape victims was refused by a rape crisis service. The case was settled in favour of VRR’s legal right to use sex-based exemptions to exclude transwomen from working with their female clients in 2007.

"However, VRR have been relentlessly targeted as transphobic for exercising both their legal right and professional judgement that female victims of sexual violence have the right to access female-only services. In 2013, a day of remembrance for the 14 women murdered in the 1989 L’Ecole Polytechnique Massacre was targeted by a trans activists protest. In 2018 and the trolling continues, a local sweet shop and its female owner were targeted and the owner doxed by trans activists after putting up a poster supporting a VRR fundraiser."

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:02 - Oct 18 with 3003 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:55 - Oct 18 by Bobbychase

And here we have the problem. This is a growing and serious issue in women's sport but nobody is allowed to talk about it openly because of the fear of being labelled transphobic.

Here's a line from the group who support women who have been abused by their partners. Chilling stuff.

"Canada, where self-ID is already law, provides some interesting examples of this ‘debate’ (or lack of it), and shows that in some cases, trans activists and their supporters will stop at nothing to try to shut down female voices. The case of Nixon v Vancouver Rape Relief (VRR) was a legal action case involving a trans woman whose application to volunteer to work with rape victims was refused by a rape crisis service. The case was settled in favour of VRR’s legal right to use sex-based exemptions to exclude transwomen from working with their female clients in 2007.

"However, VRR have been relentlessly targeted as transphobic for exercising both their legal right and professional judgement that female victims of sexual violence have the right to access female-only services. In 2013, a day of remembrance for the 14 women murdered in the 1989 L’Ecole Polytechnique Massacre was targeted by a trans activists protest. In 2018 and the trolling continues, a local sweet shop and its female owner were targeted and the owner doxed by trans activists after putting up a poster supporting a VRR fundraiser."

An easy rule to implement would be to have the following question: "Do you, or have you ever had, a penis?" If the answer to that question is "yes" then you cannot compete in women's sport.
Login to get fewer ads

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:07 - Oct 18 with 2988 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:02 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

An easy rule to implement would be to have the following question: "Do you, or have you ever had, a penis?" If the answer to that question is "yes" then you cannot compete in women's sport.

I love it when the sages of this forum provide simple solutions to complex problems.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:11 - Oct 18 with 2983 viewsBlueBadger

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:52 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

Or we could just remove sports being split up by sex altogether? Easier said than done but I don't see how it's an issue for things like Tennis or racing?

What about a simple 'cis male', 'cis female', 'non-binary' classification? Or is that over-simplifying somewhat?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is the rugby story on 17:14 - Oct 18 with 2960 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is the rugby story on 16:27 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

Basically refs are responsible for safety, and if someone is too physically dominant they can ask them to leave the pitch - but they can't with a transwoman for fear of getting labelled as a transphobe but yet have to take responsibility

There was one example in there of a transwomen playing and their captain had remarked how they had folded their opponent up like an envelope when they tackled them.

So women and refs are walking away from the game

Ah, ok thanks. We can’t be afraid of the elephant in the room when player safety is at stake.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:15 - Oct 18 with 2955 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:02 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

Oh dear. Sensible debate needs to come from both sides.

Truly impaired.

This is the rugby story on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 2949 viewsMrEko2001

This is the rugby story on 17:14 - Oct 18 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, ok thanks. We can’t be afraid of the elephant in the room when player safety is at stake.

Calling them elephants is not on mate.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:18 - Oct 18 with 2939 viewsStokieBlue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:52 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

Or we could just remove sports being split up by sex altogether? Easier said than done but I don't see how it's an issue for things like Tennis or racing?

Some sports yes, tennis isn't one of them.

When Serena Williams was asked if she thought she could beat Andy Murray the other year she said she would be lucky to get a game or two in the match.

The difference is massive.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 2918 viewsfooters

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:07 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

I love it when the sages of this forum provide simple solutions to complex problems.

I've been supporting mixed male-female-trans wrestling for years. Looks painful. But I usually stop watching after two minutes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is the rugby story on 17:22 - Oct 18 with 2913 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is the rugby story on 17:16 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

Calling them elephants is not on mate.

Oh yeah, elephants don’t have beards do they

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:26 - Oct 18 with 2890 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:15 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Oh dear. Sensible debate needs to come from both sides.

How was that not sensible? Are you seriously suggesting that a man should be able to play women's sport if he identifies as a woman, or if he cuts his penis off and replaces it with a vagina? What about all the years spent growing into the strong bodied man they were, before they "became" a woman? They will have all the advantages of a man in a woman's sport. It's not on and can never be on.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:27 - Oct 18 with 2887 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:18 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

Some sports yes, tennis isn't one of them.

When Serena Williams was asked if she thought she could beat Andy Murray the other year she said she would be lucky to get a game or two in the match.

The difference is massive.

SB

Bet she could beat him in a scrap though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:28 - Oct 18 with 2878 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:26 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

How was that not sensible? Are you seriously suggesting that a man should be able to play women's sport if he identifies as a woman, or if he cuts his penis off and replaces it with a vagina? What about all the years spent growing into the strong bodied man they were, before they "became" a woman? They will have all the advantages of a man in a woman's sport. It's not on and can never be on.

Tell us more about the transition process!?

Now, I'm just a country idiot, but I assumed it was more complex than just taking a pair of garden shears to my pecker.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:30 - Oct 18 with 2869 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:26 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

I don't disagree with your general point MrEok but the way it was put forward was a bit silly.

People can make the point without trying to be offensive, after all, it's not the fault of the trans people, it's just a sad reality.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:31 - Oct 18 with 2866 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:28 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Now, I'm just a country idiot, but I assumed it was more complex than just taking a pair of garden shears to my pecker.

You have to wonder how cycling would go though without lycra.

Men can use clips for their trousers.

But in a dress?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:32 - Oct 18 with 2860 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:31 - Oct 18 by jeera

You have to wonder how cycling would go though without lycra.

Men can use clips for their trousers.

But in a dress?

Can't they just clip their old boy directly to the handle bars?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:33 - Oct 18 with 2854 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:32 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Can't they just clip their old boy directly to the handle bars?

Some of us possibly could.

Unfortunately I think most of us would need to chop it off with shears first to do that.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:41 - Oct 18 with 2829 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:28 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

I think a hospital does it. Bit of a long process I imagine. Either way, doesn't prevent me from being right.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:43 - Oct 18 with 2812 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:41 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

I think a hospital does it. Bit of a long process I imagine. Either way, doesn't prevent me from being right.

What you've posted does though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024