Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... 15:31 - Oct 18 with 16623 viewsitfcjoe

.....this is becoming an issue it seems.

A male born woman is the world champion in a track cycling event and defends that in Manchester on at the weekend. Canadian called Rachel McKinnon

https://news.sky.com/story/trans-cyclist-rachel-mckinnon-defends-her-right-to-ra

Also mentions in there a formerly male weightlifter who competed, who has now transitioned across to the women's side and won 2 gold's at the Pacific Games.

It can't just be me that thinks this is just ridiculous, it's not something that needs great debate surely - men have a huge physical advantage over women with the evidence being every sport in the world where men are faster, stronger and quicker.

When you look back at the 80s and see the lengths that the Eastern bloc would go to to win medals, and how heavily abused the women were with their hormone treatments which have turned a few into men later in life as they had so much testosterone it's obvious this will be abused.

And current case with Caster Semenya as well and her levels.

It does seem at the moment that trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:22 - Oct 18 with 3866 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:28 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Being cis is typical, or prevalent. Every gender variation is normal though. It's a small but important distinction really.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:29]

I saw the other day on GMB that Piers Morgan was debating with some gender-fluid group leader person and he was adamant there are 100 genders as it stands currently.

I can’t help but refuse to believe that is nothing short of madness/nonsense/bollox.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 3850 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:22 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I saw the other day on GMB that Piers Morgan was debating with some gender-fluid group leader person and he was adamant there are 100 genders as it stands currently.

I can’t help but refuse to believe that is nothing short of madness/nonsense/bollox.

What are you doing on here with 100 sets of pronouns to learn?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:41 - Oct 18 with 3834 viewsBluesquid

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:22 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes it is madness/bollox/absolute batsh*t crazy...more like 85 i reckon.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:45 - Oct 18 with 3830 viewsBlueBadger

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:27 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

I don't think it is unnecessary. It informs people that the gender you identify with matches your body. Just saying 'male' or 'female' doesn't always do that. You can identify as male and that not match your body, for example.

It's actually from Latin, meaning “on the same side.” In this use it obviously means your gender and your body are in alignment.

Personally I don't get too worked up about about. It's just a word and if someone wants to say they are male or female instead, who is going to stop them?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:27]

Personally, I take the view that I'm not going to pretend I understand a lot of this gender stuff the kids(and Dollars) go on about, but I don't see any reason to be a cock about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 21:05 - Oct 18 with 3806 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:28 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Being cis is typical, or prevalent. Every gender variation is normal though. It's a small but important distinction really.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:29]

" Every gender variation is normal though."

What definition of "normal" are you using here?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:39 - Oct 18 with 3745 viewsjaykay

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:15 - Oct 18 by caught-in-limbo

forgot about them . nearly the 100 types of gender young rommers was talking about right there

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:43 - Oct 18 with 3740 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 20:26 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

What are you doing on here with 100 sets of pronouns to learn?

If Piers Morgan argued there was only one Sun in our Solar System I'd have to do some research.

I hate any sentence with that c***'s name in it.

How any can actually listen to him is beyond my understanding.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:57 - Oct 18 with 3729 viewsfooters

It's mad how much straight white blokes who live in rural areas know about gender and race politics.

The fruits and coloureds need to get over themselves. Simple.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 23:29 - Oct 18 with 3695 viewsTerra_Farma

Great post.

We are briskly walking into a world I barely understand.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 00:28 - Oct 19 with 3635 viewsfactual_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:57 - Oct 18 by footers

It's mad how much straight white blokes who live in rural areas know about gender and race politics.

I don't see the point in people getting worked up about this one way or the other.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 00:33 - Oct 19 with 3628 viewsfactual_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:57 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

The thing about a lot of 'common sense' is a) it isn't very common and b) it's doesn't often make sense.

'Le sens commun n'est pas si commun'

Franois-Marie Arouet wrote that

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 00:44 - Oct 19 with 3615 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I once took some mushrooms, tucked my penis between my legs and felt like a woman for a bit....fortunately it was a passing moment I did not dwell on and nobody was there with a clipboard and chemicals asking me to label myself!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 00:55 - Oct 19 with 3606 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 00:33 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

'Le sens commun n'est pas si commun'

Franois-Marie Arouet wrote that

Was that when she was stuffing her face with croissants?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 01:46 - Oct 19 with 3582 viewsBlueBadger

As a general rule for life in general, if two people are debating and Piers Morgan is one of them, the other side is right.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 06:24 - Oct 19 with 3541 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It’s clearly ridiculous in almost every recognised sport. Anybody suggesting otherwise is so far gone it’s pointless having a conversation with them. Unless we decide to make sport non-competitive and simply participant - probably the next step!

Very sad that allowing people born with the physical attributes of a man to compete (well win) in female competition threatens to undermine the progression of (those born as) women in sport in their own right.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 07:19 - Oct 19 with 3508 viewsitfcjoe

That the best you’ve got? Just play the man not the ball
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 7:20]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:18 - Oct 19 with 3349 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The thread is as much about womens sport as it is the trans debate

I’m still yet to see a coherent argument as to how allowing trans people to compete in women’s events isn’t to the detriment of actual women

But another 300 virtue signalling points to you still 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:23 - Oct 19 with 3339 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Swailsey

Where will they complete?

Genuine question.

Presumably it works both ways and they then wouldn’t be suitable for male sports?

It’s a difficult situation but the truth is that there are millions of people that can’t compete in sport for whatever reason - be it physical disability, money, availability or just plain old being rubbish

There are clear reasons for a trans person not to be able to compete in women’s events, and similarly mens events are never likely to be appropriate from a physical or competitive standpoint. The obvious answer therefore is having trans-specific sport, but it seems unlikely to ever have the numbers to really be viable given we’re talking about a minority of a minority here - which brings us back to the first point made above

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:29 - Oct 19 with 3331 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:23 - Oct 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a difficult situation but the truth is that there are millions of people that can’t compete in sport for whatever reason - be it physical disability, money, availability or just plain old being rubbish

There are clear reasons for a trans person not to be able to compete in women’s events, and similarly mens events are never likely to be appropriate from a physical or competitive standpoint. The obvious answer therefore is having trans-specific sport, but it seems unlikely to ever have the numbers to really be viable given we’re talking about a minority of a minority here - which brings us back to the first point made above

Trans specific sport competitions is the way to go. I really don't see why this can't happen.

#toxic

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:46 - Oct 19 with 3318 viewsBluesquid

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 23:29 - Oct 18 by Terra_Farma

Great post.

We are briskly walking into a world I barely understand.

Yeah and i'm even more confused now after watching Trans World Sport!
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 13:39 - Oct 19 with 3283 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:18 - Oct 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The thread is as much about womens sport as it is the trans debate

I’m still yet to see a coherent argument as to how allowing trans people to compete in women’s events isn’t to the detriment of actual women

But another 300 virtue signalling points to you still 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

She's claiming it's her human right to compete in women's sport. It simply isn't. No more than it's the human right of Tyson Fury to challenge for the featherweight world title.

She's trying to link the idea that this is unfair with people not wanting to recognise her as a woman. Frankly this is so dishonest and self serving that I lose all sympathy for her. That might sound harsh but it's true. She has admitted she could have a big advantage but is trying to muddy the waters of what people are actually talking about because she wants to retain her advantage.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 13:41 - Oct 19 with 3277 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 12:29 - Oct 19 by caught-in-limbo

Trans specific sport competitions is the way to go. I really don't see why this can't happen.

Because the people who shout the loudest won't allow it to happen. Anyone with any power in sport who stands up and suggests this will likely be out of a job within a fortnight.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:00 - Oct 19 with 3208 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 13:41 - Oct 19 by J2BLUE

Because the people who shout the loudest won't allow it to happen. Anyone with any power in sport who stands up and suggests this will likely be out of a job within a fortnight.

I actually think a few people could quite easily virtue signal this into existance. The biggest problem will be convincing the athletes away from dominating against women to having to fairly compete against other x-men.

#toxic

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:08 - Oct 19 with 3165 viewsyesjohn99

The world is crazy. Boys are born boys and girls are born girls. It’s that simple. If anyone out there want to do a bit of attention seeking, so be it. But they need to acknowledge the sacrifices they need to make if they decide the phase they are going through becomes permanent.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 21:32 - Oct 19 with 3110 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:08 - Oct 19 by yesjohn99

The world is crazy. Boys are born boys and girls are born girls. It’s that simple. If anyone out there want to do a bit of attention seeking, so be it. But they need to acknowledge the sacrifices they need to make if they decide the phase they are going through becomes permanent.

Blimey

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024