Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... 15:31 - Oct 18 with 16595 viewsitfcjoe

.....this is becoming an issue it seems.

A male born woman is the world champion in a track cycling event and defends that in Manchester on at the weekend. Canadian called Rachel McKinnon

https://news.sky.com/story/trans-cyclist-rachel-mckinnon-defends-her-right-to-ra

Also mentions in there a formerly male weightlifter who competed, who has now transitioned across to the women's side and won 2 gold's at the Pacific Games.

It can't just be me that thinks this is just ridiculous, it's not something that needs great debate surely - men have a huge physical advantage over women with the evidence being every sport in the world where men are faster, stronger and quicker.

When you look back at the 80s and see the lengths that the Eastern bloc would go to to win medals, and how heavily abused the women were with their hormone treatments which have turned a few into men later in life as they had so much testosterone it's obvious this will be abused.

And current case with Caster Semenya as well and her levels.

It does seem at the moment that trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 568 viewsm14_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 19:08 - Oct 19 by yesjohn99

The world is crazy. Boys are born boys and girls are born girls. It’s that simple. If anyone out there want to do a bit of attention seeking, so be it. But they need to acknowledge the sacrifices they need to make if they decide the phase they are going through becomes permanent.

It quite obviously isn’t that simple.

I’m the first to admit I don’t particularly understand everything about this subject, you seem like someone who’s positively proud of your ignorance though.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 545 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 21:38 - Oct 19 by m14_blue

It quite obviously isn’t that simple.

I’m the first to admit I don’t particularly understand everything about this subject, you seem like someone who’s positively proud of your ignorance though.

As expected, a perfectly good thread about the doubts over whether formally male transexuals should be allowed to compete against biological women has completely collapsed into a predictable squabble between polarised points of view on transexuals in general. The thread has even spawned 2 other trans threads.

Phil/Gav, can we have a filter for threads about sex and gender minorities, please?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:06 - Oct 19 with 529 viewsPilgrimblue

For it should be a level playing field. I mean which tee should a transgender go from. I agree with later posts that having made their choices there should be separate groups.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 09:01 - Oct 20 with 460 viewsjjblue84

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 22:06 - Oct 19 by Pilgrimblue

For it should be a level playing field. I mean which tee should a transgender go from. I agree with later posts that having made their choices there should be separate groups.

They’ve got the same option as everyone else, the male and female categories. Sadly not good enough for some people!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024