Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... 15:31 - Oct 18 with 16524 viewsitfcjoe

.....this is becoming an issue it seems.

A male born woman is the world champion in a track cycling event and defends that in Manchester on at the weekend. Canadian called Rachel McKinnon

https://news.sky.com/story/trans-cyclist-rachel-mckinnon-defends-her-right-to-ra

Also mentions in there a formerly male weightlifter who competed, who has now transitioned across to the women's side and won 2 gold's at the Pacific Games.

It can't just be me that thinks this is just ridiculous, it's not something that needs great debate surely - men have a huge physical advantage over women with the evidence being every sport in the world where men are faster, stronger and quicker.

When you look back at the 80s and see the lengths that the Eastern bloc would go to to win medals, and how heavily abused the women were with their hormone treatments which have turned a few into men later in life as they had so much testosterone it's obvious this will be abused.

And current case with Caster Semenya as well and her levels.

It does seem at the moment that trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:34 - Oct 18 with 6047 viewsjjblue84

All this confusion would be sorted if they underlined the fact that sports are separated into people born as men and women...everyone seems to have forgotten to point this out!!
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:40 - Oct 18 with 6046 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:34 - Oct 18 by jjblue84

All this confusion would be sorted if they underlined the fact that sports are separated into people born as men and women...everyone seems to have forgotten to point this out!!

As I read Joe's post I couldn't stop but wonder and to think 'you know, we won't really have any true insight into this until the jjblue84 fella comes along to just tell it like it is'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's far wider than sports on 15:44 - Oct 18 with 6033 viewsBobbychase

Quite a few gay women I know are very concerned about the rise of the trans lobby v feminism. Sport is an easy arena to spot the issues (there is a trans rugby team which has raised concerns among referees because their collisions with female players are brutal) but in all the discussions about bathrooms in certain US states, there's the bigger issue of men identifying as women to get into female prisons, then raping and sexually assaulting their fellow prisoners.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:45 - Oct 18 with 6024 viewsFixed_It

Maybe they should have their own category to compete in?

And vegans too, come to think of it...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This is the rugby story on 15:48 - Oct 18 with 6007 viewsBobbychase

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/injury-fears-over-rugbys-trans-women-drive-re

It's far wider than sports on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 5996 viewsitfcjoe

It's far wider than sports on 15:44 - Oct 18 by Bobbychase

Quite a few gay women I know are very concerned about the rise of the trans lobby v feminism. Sport is an easy arena to spot the issues (there is a trans rugby team which has raised concerns among referees because their collisions with female players are brutal) but in all the discussions about bathrooms in certain US states, there's the bigger issue of men identifying as women to get into female prisons, then raping and sexually assaulting their fellow prisoners.

It's a hard one to police, and there are some clear issues that need to be sorted, which I guess is obvious as it becomes more mainstream(?).

But safety is certainly an issue, whether that be in sports or prisons - but there are good reasons why males and females are separated in certain categories and these need to be tread very carefully.

People born as a man competing in women's sports just seems fairly obviously unfair on the women, rather than being unfair on the transgendered

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 5995 viewsRadlett_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:34 - Oct 18 by jjblue84

The European Ladies' Golf Tour dealt with this some years ago when a transgender player tried to join by writing in a "female at birth" rule but bet this would now produce a wave of litigation. However, if enough transgender athletes start winning everything in women's sport, it will end women's sport effectively.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:52 - Oct 18 with 5977 viewsmonytowbray

Or we could just remove sports being split up by sex altogether? Easier said than done but I don't see how it's an issue for things like Tennis or racing?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

This is the rugby story on 15:53 - Oct 18 with 5962 viewsBigManBlue

This is the rugby story on 15:48 - Oct 18 by Bobbychase

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/injury-fears-over-rugbys-trans-women-drive-re

Interesting read. I don't know nearly enough to comment on the politics of all this but safety has to be paramount. Maybe weight classes in contact sports could be an option, at least in avoiding massive and dangerous collisions?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:55 - Oct 18 with 5955 viewsitfcjoe

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:52 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

Or we could just remove sports being split up by sex altogether? Easier said than done but I don't see how it's an issue for things like Tennis or racing?

How can you not see the issue in tennis? The fastest recorded serve by a man is 25mph faster than that of a woman - that's massive.

You can stop separating for sex, but that effectively ends womens sport as a career - or even a hobby

This is the rugby story on 15:55 - Oct 18 with 5949 viewsBobbychase

This is the rugby story on 15:53 - Oct 18 by BigManBlue

Interesting read. I don't know nearly enough to comment on the politics of all this but safety has to be paramount. Maybe weight classes in contact sports could be an option, at least in avoiding massive and dangerous collisions?

Yeah, I was completely ignorant of the whole growing debate until recently.

Politically, this one sums it up quite well

https://womansplaceuk.org/the-silencing-of-feminists-silences-survivors/

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:55 - Oct 18 with 5942 viewsFixed_It

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:52 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

Really? So you think the top women tennis players can compete at the same level as the top male players?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:56 - Oct 18 with 5941 viewsBigManBlue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:55 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

How can you not see the issue in tennis? The fastest recorded serve by a man is 25mph faster than that of a woman - that's massive.

You can stop separating for sex, but that effectively ends womens sport as a career - or even a hobby

Yeah, and it would even further prioritise freakish man-mountain types in sport as strength would likely be a huge advantage over 50% of the field.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:02 - Oct 18 with 5903 viewsmonytowbray

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:55 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

TBF I know F all about tennis, I just assumed as they do mixed pairs it was more likely to be a thing.

There must be some sports where it's not required though, surely?

TWTD never forgets…

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:03 - Oct 18 with 5899 viewsmonytowbray

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:56 - Oct 18 by BigManBlue

Yeah, and it would even further prioritise freakish man-mountain types in sport as strength would likely be a huge advantage over 50% of the field.

All I know if you could put Jordan Spence in games with every sex and gender known to the human race and he'd still be sh1t.

TWTD never forgets…

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:04 - Oct 18 with 5890 viewsHerbivore

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 15:55 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

Really? So you think the top women tennis players can compete at the same level as the top male players?

Even an incredible women's player like Serena would struggle to crack the top 500 in the men's game such is the impact of physical differences.

It's a very tricky one and there needs to be proper grown up debate about it rather than shutting down. I'm not sure there's an easy answer though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:05 - Oct 18 with 5886 viewsSwailsey

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:03 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

All I know if you could put Jordan Spence in games with every sex and gender known to the human race and he'd still be sh1t.

Lovely stuff

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:05 - Oct 18 with 5885 viewsSwansea_Blue

You only have to watch mixed doubles to see the issue with tennis.

The concept of mixed sex events is sound, but it'd need a bit of thought about how to implement. Handicap systems could be used as a leveler maybe. That'd be easier in some sports than others obviously. Tennis would be difficult. Athletics would be easier as you could have staggered starts (it becomes a bit of a non-event though as you've just got the men chasing down the women as happens now in the mixed relax - it's ok for a bit but the novelty wears off and you don't have a proper head to head race).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:09 - Oct 18 with 5872 viewsDyland

Irony piled on irony innit. And such a toxic debate. The telling and depressing bit is "trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious."

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:10 - Oct 18 with 5851 viewsReuser_is_God

You talk utter nonsense.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This is the rugby story on 16:13 - Oct 18 with 5833 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is the rugby story on 15:48 - Oct 18 by Bobbychase

Paywall, so I wasn't quite sure what the issue was. Whether refs were being told to not tackle big women over fears for their own safety or the players.

But I could see as far as the bearded women comment....

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:17 - Oct 18 with 5815 viewsReuser_is_God

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:02 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

TBF I know F all about tennis, I just assumed as they do mixed pairs it was more likely to be a thing.

Yeah, tiddlywinks.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:23 - Oct 18 with 5799 viewsfooters

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:17 - Oct 18 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, tiddlywinks.

Not true. Male thumb muscles are far more developed than female, especially with the rampant use of PEDs in pro tiddlywinking.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 16:23]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:23 - Oct 18 with 5800 viewsitfcjoe

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:02 - Oct 18 by monytowbray

The only sports really are those which require no athletic ability at all, like darts or snooker. Even something where you walk like Golf is a game of strength at the top level.

Even in those sports currently the best men are streets ahead of the best women for whatever reason - and making it mixed isn't really an issue but would effectively kill the women's game

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:27 - Oct 18 with 5763 viewsSwansea_Blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:23 - Oct 18 by footers

Not true. Male thumb muscles are far more developed than female, especially with the rampant use of PEDs in pro tiddlywinking.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 16:23]

Those long nail extensions are also a problem. Well, they are for me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024