Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to my first non Town game last night 09:41 - Oct 19 with 1199 viewstractordownsouth

Watched Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday with a few uni mates. Wednesday had a couple of ex- Town loanees in their team; Massimo Luongo was mostly anonymous but Dominic Iorfa surprised me in looking accomplished at Centre Back. I always remembered him as a bit of a bomb scare defensively for us.

First half Cardiff were terrible. They reminded me of us last year, playing 4-3-3 with an isolated striker and no particularly creative midfielders. When they switched to 4-4-2 they seemed to sort themselves out and deserved the draw in the end. Wednesday might have a shout at the play offs and they play some tidy stuff, but I wouldn’t be surprised if both teams finish somewhere between 7th and 12th.

Another observation I made is how the Cardiff fans tend to turn on their own players quite quickly. . At 1-0 down they took a poor free kick, which was followed by a chorus of “ what the f**king hell was that?” from their own supporters. That surprised me, as it seemed the sort of thing you’d hear when your team are a few goals down.

It was an interesting experience but nowhere near as good as a Town game anyway. Trying to find a pub in Cardiff that’s showing the Accrington game is very difficult however...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Went to my first non Town game last night on 09:48 - Oct 19 with 1147 viewsBigManBlue

I'm glad Iorfa has kicked on, I thought he had real potential when he was with us (remember him being the best player on the pitch against Norwich until he came off) and he's certainly got the physique to be a decent centre half.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Went to my first non Town game last night on 12:01 - Oct 19 with 986 viewspoppiesman

Some things dont change in the Championship.
A game involving a controversial decision by that inept referee Keith Stroud and his assistants.
Went to my first non Town game last night on 18:26 - Oct 19 with 839 viewsbackwaywhen

Because the Rugby is on ..... no chance of footie , it is Wales that are playing !
Went to my first non Town game last night on 19:27 - Oct 19 with 776 viewstractordownsouth

Went to my first non Town game last night on 18:26 - Oct 19 by backwaywhen

Because the Rugby is on ..... no chance of footie , it is Wales that are playing !

I managed tickets find a pub showing it! It clashes with the Japan v SA game, Wales v France is early doors.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024