Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... 15:23 - Oct 19 with 1798 viewsWeWereZombies

Still a long way to go but the sun is shining...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:33 - Oct 19 with 1770 viewsRyorry

Not been following, pls explain ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 1756 viewsWeWereZombies

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:33 - Oct 19 by Ryorry

The Letwin amendment, which means they have to give Johnson's botched deal a second reading and to do that an application for another extension to Article 50 must be made under the Benn Act by eleven o'clock tonight, passed by 322 to 306. I guess I am also unexpectedly grateful to the DUP who voted in favour of it.

Actually any human being, no matter what they have done in the past, who stops to take time and consider decision and not rush things is a bit of a beacon of light in this all too frantic World.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:45 - Oct 19 with 1754 viewsZedRodgers

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:33 - Oct 19 by Ryorry

Letwin amendment passed. It avoids a no deal showdown today and has forced the government to delay the vote on the deal until next week. This offers more time for scrutiny in parliament and proper consideration of any further amendments.

Johnson has been quite ambiguous in the aftermath and has hinted that he would now abide by the law (again). This will return to the courts on Monday if he fails to request an extension tonight as the Benn Act requires him to.

All to play for now. Even the DUP are saying they will give consideration to all amendments which could prevent the break up of the Union. This presumably includes a second referendum. Quite the plot twist if so.

Remarkable that more than 90% of the Labour and ex-Labour MPs who voted against Letwin amendment AND indicated they would have voted for the deal are meant to be the moderates on the ‘right’ of the party. The anti-Corbyn 2016 coup type bods are the ones going through the lobbies with the Tories, not lefty EU sceptics like Dennis Skinner.

No, not at the moment

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:02 - Oct 19 with 1708 viewsBloomBlue

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:45 - Oct 19 by ZedRodgers

Letwin amendment passed. It avoids a no deal showdown today and has forced the government to delay the vote on the deal until next week. This offers more time for scrutiny in parliament and proper consideration of any further amendments.

Johnson has been quite ambiguous in the aftermath and has hinted that he would now abide by the law (again). This will return to the courts on Monday if he fails to request an extension tonight as the Benn Act requires him to.

All to play for now. Even the DUP are saying they will give consideration to all amendments which could prevent the break up of the Union. This presumably includes a second referendum. Quite the plot twist if so.

Remarkable that more than 90% of the Labour and ex-Labour MPs who voted against Letwin amendment AND indicated they would have voted for the deal are meant to be the moderates on the ‘right’ of the party. The anti-Corbyn 2016 coup type bods are the ones going through the lobbies with the Tories, not lefty EU sceptics like Dennis Skinner.

And I would be very surprised if the EU will agree to an extension now and will wait until 31st Oct before they make any decision on that request.
Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:06 - Oct 19 with 1696 viewsRyorry

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:45 - Oct 19 by ZedRodgers

Ah, right, very good! (thanks to Zombies too).

That is quite something re Labour - sounds as though there may be something "internal" going on there? cos otherwise it's baffling ...

Every time I hear Dennis Skinner's name, I'm pleased (and slightly surprised!) that he's still alive! - one of the few consistently honest MPs left.

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:15 - Oct 19 with 1658 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 15:43 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

The Letwin amendment, which means they have to give Johnson's botched deal a second reading and to do that an application for another extension to Article 50 must be made under the Benn Act by eleven o'clock tonight, passed by 322 to 306. I guess I am also unexpectedly grateful to the DUP who voted in favour of it.

Actually any human being, no matter what they have done in the past, who stops to take time and consider decision and not rush things is a bit of a beacon of light in this all too frantic World.

The 10 DUP votes were decisive. If Johnson believes he can cast NI aside he's quickly found out that the DUP will place the integrity of the UK over leaving the EU every time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:17 - Oct 19 with 1653 viewsBigManBlue

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:15 - Oct 19 by The_Last_Baron

The 10 DUP votes were decisive. If Johnson believes he can cast NI aside he's quickly found out that the DUP will place the integrity of the UK over leaving the EU every time.

Makes you wonder what he thought would happen, it's hardly as if the DUP have been ambiguous about it. Did he really expect Labour to break ranks in numbers big enough to compensate?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:17 - Oct 19 with 1652 viewsRadlett_blue

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:06 - Oct 19 by Ryorry

That is quite something re Labour - sounds as though there may be something "internal" going on there? cos otherwise it's baffling ...

Every time I hear Dennis Skinner's name, I'm pleased (and slightly surprised!) that he's still alive! - one of the few consistently honest MPs left.

I thought politics was healthier when you had more genuinely working class MPs like Skinner.
While he has shown himself a ready wit, he can't always take it. john Major when PM once congratulated Skinner on reaching a significant birthday, but added "but I'm sure he'll accuse me of fiddling the figures". The Beast of Bolsover glowered darkly.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:56 - Oct 19 with 1592 viewsm14_blue

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:15 - Oct 19 by The_Last_Baron

Maybe the stupid fcukers should have thought about that before supporting Brexit....
Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 17:33 - Oct 19 with 1549 viewsBlueBadger

I sure hope you can change all those dates on your party bunting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 18:02 - Oct 19 with 1480 viewsZedRodgers

I see it as a realisation that they’d been sold down the river by a bunch of charlatans who will throw anybody under the bus to achieve their deregulation utopia, personally.

It was only a matter of weeks ago that Johnson stood in front of the DUP conference and categorically ruled out any kind of border down the Irish Sea.

Also, one man’s desire to retain the “integrity of the UK” is another man’s fear of a united Ireland.

No, not at the moment

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 1388 viewsjaykay

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 18:02 - Oct 19 by ZedRodgers

I see it as a realisation that they’d been sold down the river by a bunch of charlatans who will throw anybody under the bus to achieve their deregulation utopia, personally.

It was only a matter of weeks ago that Johnson stood in front of the DUP conference and categorically ruled out any kind of border down the Irish Sea.

Also, one man’s desire to retain the “integrity of the UK” is another man’s fear of a united Ireland.

i liked the bit where some said arlene foster almost curtsyed in front of boris at said meeting
now she knows what the pain in her back was when she stoop up.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 19:47 - Oct 19 with 1373 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:02 - Oct 19 by BloomBlue

And I would be very surprised if the EU will agree to an extension now and will wait until 31st Oct before they make any decision on that request.

Probably likely they will put a condition on the extension such as a second referendum.

I think they are fed up with pointless extensions. If they can insist on it having a purpose that would be the most sensible way forward.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 11:21 - Oct 21 with 1192 viewsRyorry

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... on 16:06 - Oct 19 by Ryorry

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024