Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianca Westwood 15:32 - Oct 19 with 6478 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Having cancelled my Sky Sports subscription (due to disgust that Bury were allowed to go bust with no support from the money in football - Sky and BT Sport) I still have access to sky Sports news. However, I just noticed that Bianca Westwood, who is at Aston Villa v Brighton, is wearing one of those Prostate Cancer badges. Has this become mandatory for any presenters on SSN? Bianca is lovely and thankfully has no chance of ever getting prostate cancer. Surely if she is wearing a badge, it should be breast cancer awareness? I do hope that she has not come under any pressure to wear a badge that is not applicable to her. That would be just another nail in the Sky coffin for me.

Poll: would you rather

Bianca Westwood on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 987 viewsericclacton

Bianca Westwood on 20:39 - Oct 19 by horsehollerer

I do nut, I’m afraid. 🍩

Very good, You must remember you know from the song.

In the desert you cant remember your name

cos the sun is hot and you don't have a hat.

She used to have a pink guitar, don't be afraid.
Bianca Westwood on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 985 viewsFifeITFC

Bianca Westwood on 15:41 - Oct 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

Sadly email and phone as well as TV package. I cancelled the sports package, but it is a lot of disruption to all the family to have to change email addresses. What did you do?

So your "protest" because Sky put Bury to the wall is to just downgrade and remove the Sports package? That's it? Not really a protest, is it. In fact, one would say it's not a protest or 'reason' at all.

Good to see you're a strong man/woman/thing of principles.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Bianca Westwood on 21:05 - Oct 19 with 952 viewsjeera

Bianca Westwood on 16:01 - Oct 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

Oh yeah, I forgot, the only comments we're allowed to make about BC are that she is shagable etc. yawn.

Sometimes just best to put your hands up bud.

We all get things wrong sometimes.

And we'll all soon forget because that how it works.

Unless a poster is a bit weird and keeps actual files on other posters for reference out of sheer spite.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bianca Westwood on 21:12 - Oct 19 with 938 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Two things to note. Beside the obvious she may have relatives or friends who have suffered with prostate cancer, the comparison to a man wearing a breast cancer badge, we should remember that men can suffer from breast cancer too.

I agree with the principle that no one should be forced to wear any emblem (including a poppy), but to take issue with someone wearing one and assume they have been forced to do so is just ridiculous. If she had said she had been forced against her will to do so it would be different. She hasn't. I would be amazed if she had been.

Perhaps we should all seek out both prostate and breast cancer badges and wear them both for a while.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bianca Westwood on 22:08 - Oct 19 with 912 viewsJ2BLUE

Bianca Westwood on 21:05 - Oct 19 by jeera

Sometimes just best to put your hands up bud.

We all get things wrong sometimes.

And we'll all soon forget because that how it works.

Unless a poster is a bit weird and keeps actual files on other posters for reference out of sheer spite.

*opens the Jeera file*

*quickly closes it*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bianca Westwood on 22:13 - Oct 19 with 900 viewsjeera

Bianca Westwood on 22:08 - Oct 19 by J2BLUE

*opens the Jeera file*

*quickly closes it*

Yeah well that would be enough to give anyone nightmares.

Well left alone that one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bianca Westwood on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 876 viewshave_a_word_with_him

I can't get past the first line re disgust that Sky and BT Sport didn't prop up Bury Town. Why should they finance clubs other than the way in which they do already; set up a charitable fund for clubs with bellend owners perhaps...?
Bianca Westwood on 02:18 - Oct 20 with 849 viewsBlueBadger

Bianca Westwood on 20:08 - Oct 19 by horsehollerer

It's either the weirdest or the cleverest.

If the OP's intent was to generate a thread of blokes talking about prostate cancer, then it's a genius piece of disease-awareness trolling. Well played Phoenix.

If not ... Bianca's badge has resulted in a thread of blokes talking about prostate cancer (this one), which is exactly what it was supposed to do. It's not about who is wearing the badge, but who might see it. Sky Sports has a large audience of at-risk males, so it's an ideal target market for this campaign. Well played Sky/Bianca/prostate cancer awareness folks.

It's classic TWTD 'trollinng' in which the 'troll' has heard that the idea of it is to make someone look stupid and/or angry but hasn't realised that it should be other people that do that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Bianca Westwood on 09:28 - Oct 20 with 799 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I can't remember a stranger or worse post than this. There have definitely been worse. Much worse. But they are not springing to mind.

What a really odd post from start to finish.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024