Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst Perm Signings - Hit, Miss or Jury Out 09:40 - Oct 20 with 880 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just thinking about the players signed perm by Hurst and who has come good. My summary:

Jury out:

Edwards - player there and he has contributed but not consistent and a little lightweight. Still could become hit or miss.
Nsiala - got better last season but not someone you trust at the back. Strong opportunity to do well in L1

Miss
Donacian. Just not Champ level when signed and doesnt suit a progressive football side even in L1 as not good enough on ball.
Roberts - fair play to Roberts in that he will put a shift in and tries hard. Miles off it in terms of quality. Like him but clear miss.
Harrison - injuries contributed to him being miss rather than jury out be sold and done little at pompey. Not a natural scorer and again not the quality required.

Hit
Nolan - Has become an important player. At least 6 months of jury out but grew into team and now a strong asset.
Jackson - also Jury out entire season but has kicked on with regular football. Could still see in Jury out for some but has done enough for me to sit in hit pile.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Hurst Perm Signings - Hit, Miss or Jury Out on 09:46 - Oct 20 with 848 viewsSwansea_Blue

I reckon they should be judged at Championship level, as that’s what they were signed for. The only one I’d want in a championship team is Jackson, but in support on a main striker.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst Perm Signings - Hit, Miss or Jury Out on 09:52 - Oct 20 with 809 viewsHerbivore

Hurst Perm Signings - Hit, Miss or Jury Out on 09:46 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

I reckon they should be judged at Championship level, as that’s what they were signed for. The only one I’d want in a championship team is Jackson, but in support on a main striker.

I think Nolan too, he grew into it last season and so far this season he's looked above League 1 level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst Perm Signings - Hit, Miss or Jury Out on 11:01 - Oct 20 with 601 viewsRadlett_blue

Neither Nolan nor Jackson have proven they can cut it in the Championship, which is what they were bought to do, so I think the jury has to be out on them as well until, hopefully, next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024