Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) 13:38 - Oct 20 with 4482 viewsFrank_Dollop

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 3625 viewsTractorWood

Not sure how many more chances he is going to waste by jogging around as an uninvolved passenger in games.

A few of our academy starlets are fading.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 16:48]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:03 - Oct 20 with 3551 viewsgordon

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:30 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

Not sure how many more chances he is going to waste by jogging around as an uninvolved passenger in games.

Which other ones are fading, out of interest?
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:07 - Oct 20 with 3542 viewsAlexwaddell

Unfortunately, despite all the skills....he is not a player like his father, a luxury player...and can Town afford a luxury player in this league?

Poll: What was today?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:18 - Oct 20 with 3507 viewsZedRodgers

I thought he was one of the few players who actually managed to string some passes together before he came off. Not sure they were the right substitutions at half time unless Keane has come on for one of them.

Dozzell oozes a relaxed style of play which can be frustrating in games like this when the whole team isn’t up to speed. He still has the ability to change a game with one pass though.

No, not at the moment

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 20 with 3469 viewsblueislander

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:18 - Oct 20 by ZedRodgers

I thought he was one of the few players who actually managed to string some passes together before he came off. Not sure they were the right substitutions at half time unless Keane has come on for one of them.

Dozzell oozes a relaxed style of play which can be frustrating in games like this when the whole team isn’t up to speed. He still has the ability to change a game with one pass though.

The game did largely pass him by. You could say he should make more effort to involve himself, but equally it is fair to say that the way we played gave him little chance to influence things.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:46 - Oct 20 with 3430 viewsTractorWood

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:03 - Oct 20 by gordon

Which other ones are fading, out of interest?

Bishop and Kenlock have both got progressively worse.

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 3400 viewsblueislander

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:46 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

Bishop and Kenlock have both got progressively worse.

How has Bishop got worse? He hasn’t played this season.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:57 - Oct 20 with 3390 viewsITFC_Cotton

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 14:30 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

What exactly do you expect of him when the ball was largely hoofed over him? I thought of the times he had the ball he was fairly composed on the ball compared to the majority of the team today. He played very well against Gillingham but has somehow made a scapegoat of how we played well even though he had a huge part to play in the goal against them. What exactly do you want from Him? Because I’m almost certain you don’t even know.
Login to get fewer ads

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:59 - Oct 20 with 3390 viewsDyland

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:18 - Oct 20 by ZedRodgers

Dozzers struggles to create much when the team is set up eccentrically, like today. The bloke has fook all chance to win over his doubters when he only seems to start in experimental or sticky plaster sides, against bruiser players like we came against today.

He had a poor game but hardly surprising, and as you say was far from the poorest performer.

Lambert obviously deserves the benefit of the doubt but today's selection and performance illustrates how the jury is still out for me. There are probably mitigating circumstances, or he could have just fooked it up. That sh1t happens to all managers however good or successful.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 3346 viewsTractorWood

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 by blueislander

How has Bishop got worse? He hasn’t played this season.

I mean longer term. Both Dozzell and Bishop started so brightly 3/4 years ago and just haven't been remotely close to the former selves at any time.

I do think we are guilty of overhyping.

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:06 - Oct 20 with 3344 viewsTractorWood

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:57 - Oct 20 by ITFC_Cotton

What exactly do you expect of him when the ball was largely hoofed over him? I thought of the times he had the ball he was fairly composed on the ball compared to the majority of the team today. He played very well against Gillingham but has somehow made a scapegoat of how we played well even though he had a huge part to play in the goal against them. What exactly do you want from Him? Because I’m almost certain you don’t even know.

More than 1 assist in 36 would be a good start. He's a hugely promising talent, needs to step up and own div 3.

Our fans seem to confuse perfectly valid discussion with scapegoating. Judge is arguably delivering far less as an experienced international.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 17:12]

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:11 - Oct 20 with 3322 viewsblueislander

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:05 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

I mean longer term. Both Dozzell and Bishop started so brightly 3/4 years ago and just haven't been remotely close to the former selves at any time.

I do think we are guilty of overhyping.

Given the amount of time Bishop has been out injured, I would say you are being unfair. He did show glimpses of getting back to form . I am hopeful that when he is fit he will make a big contribution.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:13 - Oct 20 with 3311 viewsTractorWood

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:11 - Oct 20 by blueislander

Given the amount of time Bishop has been out injured, I would say you are being unfair. He did show glimpses of getting back to form . I am hopeful that when he is fit he will make a big contribution.

Hasn't scored or assisted in over 4 years or 40 games. He's probably been paid £2m in that time.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 17:15]

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 3298 viewsblueislander

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:13 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

Hasn't scored or assisted in over 4 years or 40 games. He's probably been paid £2m in that time.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 17:15]

Have you ever seen him play, or do you always judge players on statistics.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:17 - Oct 20 with 3287 viewsTractorWood

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:16 - Oct 20 by blueislander

Have you ever seen him play, or do you always judge players on statistics.

Yes. I've seen him drift in and out of games. Mainly out. Sorry I disagree with you and back it up with corroboration.

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:22 - Oct 20 with 3238 viewsblueislander

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:17 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

Yes. I've seen him drift in and out of games. Mainly out. Sorry I disagree with you and back it up with corroboration.

If your statistics make you think he isn’t or won’t be a useful player, that is fine.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:26 - Oct 20 with 3216 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 17:17 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

Unfortunately Bishop was the best player on the pitch today.

I think to write both of them off so early in their careers is ridiculous personally. Both are skilful players with great potential. To suggest they should be running games like today's is naïve. It was a physical battle and we lacked anyone getting hold of the ball and giving it to Dozzell to do anything with. Dobra was the same although he did seem a little more involved. Ultimately the difference was the latter got fed up and got himself sent off.

We missed Downes. Him and Woolfenden are clear examples that it is worth giving young talent a chance. Neither of them are the finished article yet though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 21:23 - Oct 20 with 3033 viewsgainsboroughblue

His progress so far has been very similar to his dad's. Scored on his debut at 16 and made an immediate impression then had a bit of a fade and really drifted in and out of games.

Dozzell senior had played more games than Andre at his age (20) but this was when there were slimmer pickings in our squad under Ferguson then Duncan and was played week in week out not so much on merit, but on other options. Plus Jason didn't have quite the injury troubles that Andre has had.

Wasteful pass after wasteful pass and lack of concentration was almost Jason's USP despite his very obvious talent and often was nicknamed 'Dozy' by fans. If there was a TWTD forum back in circa 1987, he would have copped it at worst and divided opinion at best.

It his around the 88-89 season that he really started to realise his true potential and for a couple of years after that, he was quite comfortably the best footballer at the club alongside possibly Lowe and Zondervan. Then obviously, he was immense in that 91-92 campaign where he would have still been 23/24.

Conclusion: Next season could be Andre's equivalent of dad's 1988 comparing ages and allowing for his injury set backs thus far.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:46 - Oct 21 with 2765 viewsMeadowlark

Could not agree more! Sublime one-touch play throughout the first half. His problem is that he is surrounded by players of lesser ability. The passes are spot on. He should be playing at a higher level, and if the criticism continues I can see him moving to a PL team where his silky skills will be more appreciated.
I think people want to see him spend more time with the ball, but that is not what he is about.
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:48 - Oct 21 with 2761 viewsEly_Blue

He also has the ability to leave Skuse to do the work of 2 men and go missing, ambling around the pitch making it look like he is running

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:50 - Oct 21 with 2753 viewsartsbossbeard

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:46 - Oct 21 by Meadowlark

Could not agree more! Sublime one-touch play throughout the first half. His problem is that he is surrounded by players of lesser ability. The passes are spot on. He should be playing at a higher level, and if the criticism continues I can see him moving to a PL team where his silky skills will be more appreciated.
I think people want to see him spend more time with the ball, but that is not what he is about.

Christ.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 09:13 - Oct 21 with 2699 viewsGeoffSentence

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 20 by blueislander

The game did largely pass him by. You could say he should make more effort to involve himself, but equally it is fair to say that the way we played gave him little chance to influence things.

It didn't just pass him by, large parts of the game just went right over his head.

He was anonymous, but there is not much he can do when the ball was lobbed aimlessly from back to front so often. That was what disappointed me about the game as much as anything, we hardly tried to play any football, at least in the first half.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 09:25 - Oct 21 with 2664 viewsBigManBlue

It's a tricky one - he certainly isn't the game changer we all want him to be right now, but then how's he going to do what he does best when most of our attacks seem to bypass the midfield entirely? If we actually kept it on the deck and tried to keep the ball for any length of time we might see him get a chance to actually make those killer passes.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 11:11 - Oct 21 with 2587 viewsMeadowlark

Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 08:50 - Oct 21 by artsbossbeard

Christ.

He wasn't playing.....
Has Dozzell got a back up trade? Think he might need it. (n/t) on 13:06 - Oct 21 with 2489 viewsSmith45

I think he's got some unfair stick from yesterday compared to a lot of our players, he was neat and tidy and kept the ball moving in a half where our defense were largely playing it long to Judge. He still by no means has made the most of the opportunities he's had in the team but for example i thought Garbutt was really poor defensively yesterday and doesn't seem to have got a mention.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024