Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defeat had to come sooner or later... 13:51 - Oct 20 with 1753 viewstonybied

It'll now be a test as to how we react to this.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 13:53 - Oct 20 with 1736 viewsHerbivore

I hope we react with round pegs in round holes and a much clearer system and way of playing. Saying that, I've hoped for that even when we've picked up wins.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 13:56 - Oct 20 with 1719 viewsVaughan8

In the words of the Inbetweeners....... well that was f**kin dreadful
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 13:56]
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 1688 viewscrunchie1978

We've been lucky it hasn't been before this.
Doncaster at home
2nd half mk Don's
Gillingham away.
Least Lambert can learn from this......well let's hope he does.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 1682 viewshoppy

May as well be after an international break and on Sky too...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:00 - Oct 20 with 1639 viewsJDB23

Performances need to improve, simple as that. We've had bad games all season and got away with it, today we haven't. It's a bad idea to simply rely on beating teams just through sheer fact of having better players, that's not sustainable and will fall down when trying to progress. Lambert has been here a year and we still don't really have an identity.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:06 - Oct 20 with 1597 views44_not_out

First defeat of the season in mid October, only conceded 7 goals, still top and a game in hand..... Yes, we were fairly average today but do not think we need to worry too much!
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:12 - Oct 20 with 1546 views44_not_out

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:00 - Oct 20 by JDB23

Performances need to improve, simple as that. We've had bad games all season and got away with it, today we haven't. It's a bad idea to simply rely on beating teams just through sheer fact of having better players, that's not sustainable and will fall down when trying to progress. Lambert has been here a year and we still don't really have an identity.

You’ve just quickly looked in the ‘I want to sound as though I know what I’m talking about football supporters handbook’

Explain what you mean by ‘identity’

We’re top with a game in hand, conceded 7 all season and finally lost a game. I think I would’ve taken this at the start of the season.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:19 - Oct 20 with 1516 viewscrunchie1978

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 13:53 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I hope we react with round pegs in round holes and a much clearer system and way of playing. Saying that, I've hoped for that even when we've picked up wins.

Hopefully Lambert has learnt from this.
We must play 2 up front and judge nolan and dozzel in the same team is a tad to luxurious away to accrington Stanley.
Login to get fewer ads

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 1456 viewsHerbivore

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:06 - Oct 20 by 44_not_out

First defeat of the season in mid October, only conceded 7 goals, still top and a game in hand..... Yes, we were fairly average today but do not think we need to worry too much!

Fairly average? We were dog poo. We've played poorly for quite big chunks of many games this season without being punished. If we want to go up automatically that needs to change.

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:32 - Oct 20 with 1422 views44_not_out

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:25 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Fairly average? We were dog poo. We've played poorly for quite big chunks of many games this season without being punished. If we want to go up automatically that needs to change.

If war breaks out, I hope I have you in my trench, Mr Positive.

You stick with your ‘half empty’ glass..... top of the league, game in hand, conceded 0.5 goals per game, over 2 points average per game..... but yeah, it’s been poor.

Ipswich fans, the gift that keeps giving
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:35 - Oct 20 with 1402 viewsHerbivore

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:32 - Oct 20 by 44_not_out

If war breaks out, I hope I have you in my trench, Mr Positive.

You stick with your ‘half empty’ glass..... top of the league, game in hand, conceded 0.5 goals per game, over 2 points average per game..... but yeah, it’s been poor.

Ipswich fans, the gift that keeps giving

Good for you. Let us grown ups talk about the game, eh?

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:44 - Oct 20 with 1390 views44_not_out

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:35 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Good for you. Let us grown ups talk about the game, eh?

I think I described it as fairly average, but you, being obviously more mature, thought it was ‘dog Pooh’. Let’s leave it there eh
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:45 - Oct 20 with 1381 viewsHerbivore

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:44 - Oct 20 by 44_not_out

I think I described it as fairly average, but you, being obviously more mature, thought it was ‘dog Pooh’. Let’s leave it there eh

My description is far more accurate. If you think we were average today I worry about your standards.

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:47 - Oct 20 with 1376 views44_not_out

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:45 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

My description is far more accurate. If you think we were average today I worry about your standards.

You grown ups have a way with words and describe things so much better 😉
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 15:16 - Oct 20 with 1315 viewsJDB23

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:12 - Oct 20 by 44_not_out

You’ve just quickly looked in the ‘I want to sound as though I know what I’m talking about football supporters handbook’

Explain what you mean by ‘identity’

We’re top with a game in hand, conceded 7 all season and finally lost a game. I think I would’ve taken this at the start of the season.

If you don't understand what I mean by identity then I'm not sure there is much point having a discussion here. Nothing to do with "knowing what I'm talking about", it's a simple concept. You could clearly see what Accrington wanted to do today, less so us.

No one is saying we've had a bad start, but performances catch up to you and we've not been playing great. It's around this time of the season you'd want to see the team starting to click, we've set ourselves up brilliantly to push on, but I do worry we may see more games like today.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 15:54 - Oct 20 with 1278 views44_not_out

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 15:16 - Oct 20 by JDB23

If you don't understand what I mean by identity then I'm not sure there is much point having a discussion here. Nothing to do with "knowing what I'm talking about", it's a simple concept. You could clearly see what Accrington wanted to do today, less so us.

No one is saying we've had a bad start, but performances catch up to you and we've not been playing great. It's around this time of the season you'd want to see the team starting to click, we've set ourselves up brilliantly to push on, but I do worry we may see more games like today.

You should go on this ‘phone in’ on radio Suffolk after matches. You’re just the sort of person they need. Most talk drivel and make no sense what so ever.
Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 18:28 - Oct 20 with 1209 viewsSwansea_Blue

Defeat had to come sooner or later... on 14:00 - Oct 20 by JDB23

Not sure why you’re getting grief for that. We don’t have a clear way of playing. Systems and players have been changing all the time under Lambert.

We do have the quality in the squad to grind our way to results, so I’m not worried about the results. It’s not particularly sustainable though when/if we go back up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024