Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thugged out of the match 13:57 - Oct 20 with 4376 viewsBLUEBEAT

Future matches will make for grim viewing if other teams copy Accrington’s winning tactic.

Poll: W or W

Thugged out of the match on 13:59 - Oct 20 with 4339 viewsgerryitfc

Really!!!! I just thought we were shiiiitt
Thugged out of the match on 14:01 - Oct 20 with 4303 viewssparks

Thats nonsense.

I can think of two challenges by them that should have had cards but didnt. They were no more agressive than we were.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Thugged out of the match on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 4265 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought we were outplayed, noy out thugged. I am hoping no-one else tries that approach.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thugged out of the match on 14:09 - Oct 20 with 4206 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thugged out of the match on 14:03 - Oct 20 by GeoffSentence

I thought we were outplayed, noy out thugged. I am hoping no-one else tries that approach.

Their players were generally bigger and stronger and therefore winning majority of free balls on ground and in air.

Both sides were dirty today but they were better at it.

Thugged out of the match on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 4077 viewsIPS_wich

At one point we had three yellow cards for late tackles and they had none. Sure the two footed tackle was really poor; but let’s not makes excuses - AS we’re by every measure the better and more threatening team for about 75% of the game.
Thugged out of the match on 15:09 - Oct 20 with 4070 viewsonlymehere

Yep that’s my fear.
Thugged out of the match on 15:31 - Oct 20 with 4019 viewsArnieM

Welcome to third tier “football”.

But let’s not kid ourselves Town were WELL under par today. Too many changes to the team ( agree some had to happen due to injuries). But really, just wtf are senior players like Judge, Edwards, Nsiala doing in this team. As for Dozzell, just off load him and the three previously mentioned players, they’re taking up valuable oxygen.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Thugged out of the match on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 3999 viewsMaySixth

Just wait for Wycombe if you thought that was bad.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Thugged out of the match on 16:13 - Oct 20 with 3945 viewsAlexwaddell

Bear in mind that when Lambert was last in this division he had grant holt, a brick sh!thouse up front and not two portaloos like Norwood and Jackson and Hoolihan and McVeigh to service him

Poll: What was today?

Thugged out of the match on 16:24 - Oct 20 with 3917 viewsblueislander

They certainly played better football than we do for most of the match, and did not make any more foul tackles than we did. Sure they were big and won virtually everything in the air in their half. That begs the question as to why we just hit hopeful balls towards Jackson who is by no means a target man. It was pointless having Judge as our next furthest forward player. To me the absence of Keane at no stage is a mystery.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:59 - Oct 23 with 3620 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thugged out of the match part two

This is how it will be from now on
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 21:01]

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:00 - Oct 23 with 3620 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thugged out of the match part two

This is how it will be from now on
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 21:01]

Thugged out of the match on 21:13 - Oct 23 with 3503 viewsurbanblue

Thugged is not the word ... They are just pressing, closing us down and preventing us from playing. Look at how they've nullified KVY. Teams are sussing us so now we have to find a way to counteract that and to have the patience too.
Thugged out of the match on 21:15 - Oct 23 with 3462 viewssparks

Thugged out of the match on 21:13 - Oct 23 by urbanblue

Thugged is not the word ... They are just pressing, closing us down and preventing us from playing. Look at how they've nullified KVY. Teams are sussing us so now we have to find a way to counteract that and to have the patience too.

Indeed. Nothing thuggish about it.

They have played better, been more organised, more agressive (but fairly) and have had a betetr shape and understanding throughout the team.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Thugged out of the match on 21:24 - Oct 23 with 3336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just outplayed, nothing vaguely thuggish about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thugged out of the match on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 3108 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thugged out of the match on 21:24 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

Just outplayed, nothing vaguely thuggish about it.

How about stronger and using that to their advantage with lashings of gamesmanship?

Ipswich players looked incredibly weak compared to Rotherham, man for man.

Thugged out of the match on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 3074 viewsbackwaywhen

Thugged out of the match on 23:06 - Oct 23 by BLUEBEAT

How about stronger and using that to their advantage with lashings of gamesmanship?

Land of the giants v the diddy men ... simple as .
Thugged out of the match on 23:13 - Oct 23 with 3068 viewsChurchman

Thugged out of the match on 23:06 - Oct 23 by BLUEBEAT

You have to earn the right to play by matching the opposition physically. If you are to old, too frail, don't want it enough, think you are too good, forget it. You’ll be outplayed week in week out, just like last season.

And I’m even assuming we have the ability to play, even if we’ve earned the right given what has happened for bits in a few games this season.
Thugged out of the match on 23:17 - Oct 23 with 3034 viewsSarge

Thugged out of the match on 23:13 - Oct 23 by Churchman

You have to earn the right to play by matching the opposition physically. If you are to old, too frail, don't want it enough, think you are too good, forget it. You’ll be outplayed week in week out, just like last season.

And I’m even assuming we have the ability to play, even if we’ve earned the right given what has happened for bits in a few games this season.

What about when you get scythed down everytime you try to play some football by some clown playing at the highest level he’ll ever reach.
Thugged out of the match on 00:29 - Oct 24 with 2928 viewsBLUEBEAT

Thugged out of the match on 23:17 - Oct 23 by Sarge

What about when you get scythed down everytime you try to play some football by some clown playing at the highest level he’ll ever reach.

You see, that’s thuggish play, to me.

Both Huws and KVY were getting plenty of that tonight.

Thugged out of the match on 00:34 - Oct 24 with 2919 viewsSarge

Thugged out of the match on 00:29 - Oct 24 by BLUEBEAT

You see, that’s thuggish play, to me.

Both Huws and KVY were getting plenty of that tonight.

I would agree.

I don’t agree with the plaudits they’ve been getting. To me they were a nasty, dirty, team of cloggers with no interest in playing the game. Fck em, shame they didn’t go the way of Bury instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024