Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players 14:11 - Oct 20 with 3900 viewstown8710

Anyone else agree Judge , Dozzell , Nsiala are not good enough and don't have a place in the squad... would rather el mizouni , hughes and other youngsters around the squad
Players on 14:14 - Oct 20 with 3200 viewsBLUEBEAT

I don’t think Nsiala should be included there.

That was his first start in the first team for a long time.

Poll: W or W

Players on 14:16 - Oct 20 with 3185 viewsBluebell

* Huws
Players on 14:19 - Oct 20 with 3143 viewstown8710

Players on 14:16 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

* Huws

Ahh maybe not Nsiala but dozz and judge are really not up to it
Players on 14:22 - Oct 20 with 3105 viewsVaughan8

Players on 14:14 - Oct 20 by BLUEBEAT

Nsiala is cr@p. He is clearly not good enough.

If he wasn't match fit/ready he wouldn't play him (see other players).

The people who still think he is good is worrying.....!
He was making those mistake last year so don't make out like he's just bad today because of coming back from injury.....
Players on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 3077 viewsgordon

Starting off with basically 4 slow central midfielders who like to put their foot on the ball etc. was a really bizarre idea - lots of players didn't excel themselves, but the formation was baffling.
Players on 14:26 - Oct 20 with 3067 viewsBlueBadger

But he IS crap though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 3053 viewsSWGF

Walking disaster, regardless of match-fitness or how "hilarious" his song is.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Players on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 3046 viewsBLUEBEAT

Players on 14:26 - Oct 20 by BlueBadger

But he IS crap though.

Who else would you have played in a back 3 today, though?

Login to get fewer ads

Players on 14:35 - Oct 20 with 3015 viewsTractorWood

I think Judge is good enough just being shoehorned in and his confidence is shot.

Dozzell is a magician. Not in that he can create something from nothing, but he can disappear for 60 minutes.

Nsiala hasn't played much recently but I think he'll be well down the pecking order after that performance. Getting subbed at half time as a centre back is not a good day at the office.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 14:41]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Players on 14:36 - Oct 20 with 3000 viewsVaughan8

Players on 14:31 - Oct 20 by BLUEBEAT

Could have played Skuse like in previous games?

Or just play 4 at the back? You surely pick the formation on the players you have. You could tell after 5 mins he was going to be poor. Their striker caught him.out a few times
Players on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 2982 viewspointofblue

Players on 14:36 - Oct 20 by Vaughan8

Could have played Skuse like in previous games?

Or just play 4 at the back? You surely pick the formation on the players you have. You could tell after 5 mins he was going to be poor. Their striker caught him.out a few times

I guess Lambert wanted Skuse in midfield as we were missing Downes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Players on 14:40 - Oct 20 with 2967 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn't have played a back 3. I'm still unsure why we're persisting with it to be honest. Against Tranmere we were crap playing three at the back and improved greatly once we moved Skuse into midfield. We were better today when we switched to a back 4 too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players on 14:41 - Oct 20 with 2943 viewsPilgrimblue

Don't play back 3 in first place! PL gamble didn't pay off so should have played 442.
Players on 14:42 - Oct 20 with 2927 viewsVaughan8

Players on 14:38 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I guess Lambert wanted Skuse in midfield as we were missing Downes.

Agreed. I can understand that. We do have Huws which is an experienced midfielder as well.

If not then maybe we should have played a 4 at the back.

I can only think Lambert thought Nsiala was ready / good enough. Hopefully today has shown him he's not.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 14:43]
Players on 14:42 - Oct 20 with 2930 viewsgordon

Players on 14:40 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I wouldn't have played a back 3. I'm still unsure why we're persisting with it to be honest. Against Tranmere we were crap playing three at the back and improved greatly once we moved Skuse into midfield. We were better today when we switched to a back 4 too.

Difficult to see what the point is in playing three centre-backs if they are all somewhere else when the other team's centre forward heads in a looping cross from inside the six-yard box!
Players on 14:43 - Oct 20 with 2908 viewsVaughan8

Players on 14:42 - Oct 20 by gordon

Difficult to see what the point is in playing three centre-backs if they are all somewhere else when the other team's centre forward heads in a looping cross from inside the six-yard box!

He runs past all 3 of them makes it even worse haha
Players on 14:44 - Oct 20 with 2901 viewsBlueBadger

I think the answer here is 'I wouldn't have played a back 3'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players on 14:46 - Oct 20 with 2879 viewsBLUEBEAT

Really?

Don’t think I’ve seen you state that before!

Players on 14:46 - Oct 20 with 2866 viewsGarv

We did also concede against Tranmere after we moved Skuse into midfield. You could argue that was down to Skuse being good individually but we noticeably struggled defensively after that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players on 14:47 - Oct 20 with 2865 viewsHerbivore

Players on 14:42 - Oct 20 by gordon

Indeed. And when you're playing three big units at the back there's no excuse for the defending that led to their goals today.

Players on 16:34 - Oct 20 with 2716 viewsAlexwaddell

Players on 14:35 - Oct 20 by TractorWood

I think Judge is good enough just being shoehorned in and his confidence is shot.

Dozzell is a magician. Not in that he can create something from nothing, but he can disappear for 60 minutes.

Nsiala hasn't played much recently but I think he'll be well down the pecking order after that performance. Getting subbed at half time as a centre back is not a good day at the office.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 14:41]

Paul Daniels was a magician.......but I would not want him in my midfield

Poll: What was today?

Players on 16:41 - Oct 20 with 2697 viewsHerbivore

Players on 14:46 - Oct 20 by Garv

We did also concede against Tranmere after we moved Skuse into midfield. You could argue that was down to Skuse being good individually but we noticeably struggled defensively after that.

Are you sure about that? The switch came at half time and we conceded in the first half. Either way, we were much, much better in the Tranmere game once Skuse was moved out of defence and into midfield. That's not even debatable. We played with a back 4 the entire second half and we won that half 3-0 and it could have been more. I don't recall us struggling defensively in that half, certainly not any more so than we had done in the abject first half.

Players on 09:22 - Oct 21 with 2518 viewsGarv

Players on 16:41 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Are you sure about that? The switch came at half time and we conceded in the first half. Either way, we were much, much better in the Tranmere game once Skuse was moved out of defence and into midfield. That's not even debatable. We played with a back 4 the entire second half and we won that half 3-0 and it could have been more. I don't recall us struggling defensively in that half, certainly not any more so than we had done in the abject first half.

Goal came on 39.

Feel free to call me a loser for looking it up.

I don’t mind 3 CBs. But it doesn’t suit Toto and it needs two strikers up front.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players on 09:26 - Oct 21 with 2505 viewsHerbivore

Players on 09:22 - Oct 21 by Garv

Goal came on 39.

Feel free to call me a loser for looking it up.

I don’t mind 3 CBs. But it doesn’t suit Toto and it needs two strikers up front.

Okay. Either way the point stands that we were very poor playing three at the back and won 4-1 in the 60 minutes where we changed things to go with a back four.

I'm not a fan of three at the back myself. Yesterday showed that unless you have excellent wing backs or mobile CBs you can easily get overloaded on the flanks. I don't think we really have the personnel to play three at the back and I don't think it's really worked that well for us when we have used it under Lambert. Our best football under Lambert has been playing four at the back and a midfield diamond but he's been reluctant to use that system consistently.

Players on 09:27 - Oct 21 with 2506 viewsartsbossbeard

This post would be more relevant if it was put on here following a win/away draw. Dismissing players because they didn't play well in our first defeat of the season looks likes a knee jerk reaction to me.

Home game Wednesday followed by a large away following at Southend, perfect opportunities to put things right with the same squad.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024