Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... 14:44 - Oct 20 with 2831 viewsGarv

but it might go a way to keeping the players confident. He could have thrown a fair few of them under the bus after that. Nsiala, Edwards, Judge. Of course you can argue about team selection and tactics but put simply 90% of performances were rank today. Skuse and Woolfenden are probably the only two who come out with any credit.

It was always a question of when and not if we lose a game. It's happened. Lambert has played it cool and it's probably not what we want to hear, but he's just being realistic. He knows we haven't been amazing all season and we were always going to lose at some point.

It will be interesting to see how we bounce back. I wouldn't completely dismiss a delayed hangover from last season creeping in. It's possible. He didn't have much to lose when he spoke out and bombed out the likes of Spence after the Accrington game last season but he isn't in the same position now, I think he's just protecting his players.

My thought on team and subs: Dobra deserved his chance, and made a difference before being harshly sent off. Rowe, for me, didn't deserve a chance over Georgiou who should have come on earlier. The team that started looked okay, Dozzell needs games and he got it. We were passing it around okay today in the early stages and he was a part of that. I do think he needs to do more though, even if it's just showing a bit more energy. I think we just got rocked by two grim early goals, both coming from mistakes from players who came in due to injuries/suspension. Edwards shouldn't be defending at the back post, and Nsiala was calamitous. We never created after that. Judge was awful, and Jackson was basically a lone striker which will never work. There's an argument for Huws and Keane to come on, but let's be honest, they're on the bench in case we're one or two up with ten minutes to go, because they're made of biscuits.

Wednesday will be interesting.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:23 - Oct 20 with 2583 viewspositivity

did he say anything about keane? seems odd bringing on dobra and georgiou ahead of him, when we badly needed more presence up front.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 2512 viewsMaySixth

Why would the manager throw any player under the bus after our first defeat of the season?

Perspective.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:35 - Oct 20 with 2498 viewsArnieM

If those players are totally honest with themselves, and reflect on their own performances , I hope they would ALL, donate their wages to charity and train With the academy this coming week. Though God knows what the academy have done to deserve that punishment!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:40 - Oct 20 with 2472 viewsHerbivore

I thought the line up didn't look good on paper to be honest. I don't think Woolfy is worth singling out for praise today (or criticism either), he was mostly okay but he left Edwards with two players to mark at the back post for the opening goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:44 - Oct 20 with 2458 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:35 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

If those players are totally honest with themselves, and reflect on their own performances , I hope they would ALL, donate their wages to charity and train With the academy this coming week. Though God knows what the academy have done to deserve that punishment!

This is a joke, right?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:48 - Oct 20 with 2442 viewsSomethingBlue

Don't know why anyone would be particularly displeased with anything he said. Poor performance but anyone demanding hellfire needs to have a word with themselves. It's 20th October and that was our first defeat of the season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:50 - Oct 20 with 2431 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:35 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

Wow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:54 - Oct 20 with 2410 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:48 - Oct 20 by SomethingBlue

Don't know why anyone would be particularly displeased with anything he said. Poor performance but anyone demanding hellfire needs to have a word with themselves. It's 20th October and that was our first defeat of the season.

Agreed. Not expecting him to lose his sh!t over it and nor would I want him to do so.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:55 - Oct 20 with 2409 viewsArnieM

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:44 - Oct 20 by GeoffSentence

This is a joke, right?

You think they played well then? Ffs!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:00 - Oct 20 with 2392 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:55 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

Where has he suggested we played well?

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:01 - Oct 20 with 2387 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:55 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

Think a few weeks' community service would learn them, myself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 2364 viewsDubtractor

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:01 - Oct 20 by SomethingBlue

Think a few weeks' community service would learn them, myself.

Public flogging maybe?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:09 - Oct 20 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:04 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Public flogging maybe?

When they come out of the tunnel next week I'd like to see it done as a recreation of the walk of atonement from Game of Thrones.

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:12 - Oct 20 with 2313 viewstextbackup

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:54 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Agreed. Not expecting him to lose his sh!t over it and nor would I want him to do so.

not in public anyway.

I hope he went fcking apesht behind closed doors. because what he put out there should have been enough to beat the today.

I also hope he'd pissed off at himself

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:13 - Oct 20 with 2308 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:12 - Oct 20 by textbackup

not in public anyway.

I hope he went fcking apesht behind closed doors. because what he put out there should have been enough to beat the today.

I also hope he'd pissed off at himself

I thought the line up was wrong to be honest and I was worried before the game. Doesn't excuse the players for individually and collectively playing crap though.

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:23 - Oct 20 with 2265 viewstextbackup

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:13 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I thought the line up was wrong to be honest and I was worried before the game. Doesn't excuse the players for individually and collectively playing crap though.

yep agree, you'd think ROI international Judge might be able to hold his own, and maybe create a chance or two in a game vs the team 3rd bottom in L1.

You'd think Skuse might just manage a shot to go on target, etc etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:25 - Oct 20 with 2254 viewsGeoffSentence

No. They were blinking awful. But to say that they should donate their wages to charity because they were cr@p that has to be a joke doesn't it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 16:28 - Oct 20 with 2229 viewsGarv

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:23 - Oct 20 by positivity

did he say anything about keane? seems odd bringing on dobra and georgiou ahead of him, when we badly needed more presence up front.

Said unsure whether able to play two games in a row.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 2143 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert's comments might not do much to please the fans... on 15:48 - Oct 20 by SomethingBlue

I think that having had years of players being praised and then not making the subsequent squad of 18 we recognise gloss paint when we see it. Yes, Lambert was all about keeping it in the camp which is absolutely fine after one solitary defeat, but will play less well if it becomes a theme tune. I like him praising the team, the town, the fans, the programme sellers to the skies, but a drop of realism and a tiny bit of honest opening up helps keep people onside in darker days when they arrive.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 17:42]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024