Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standard of refs this year 14:47 - Oct 20 with 1202 viewswarkthisway

Makes you wonder –and we complained last year-he missed a clear red For them - two footed lunge - then sent Dobra off for what? Then that pen looked incredibly soft- how many of those challenges go completely unpunished? Then appeared we had a goal disallowed that was 3 foot over the line
- why no goal line technology at this level?

bentnkuqi

Standard of refs this year on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 1165 viewsIPS_wich

Personally only think the two footed tackle was a wrong decision.

Dobra swing a punch at the guy - deserved red

Toto sent the guy flying - for me an absolute stonewall

The goal over the line is 100% the linesman’s call - and the replay made it look marginal
Standard of refs this year on 14:57 - Oct 20 with 1138 viewsTractorWood

Dobra was sent off for swinging at the defender.

Penalty was very clumsy. Frustrating but for me a pen.

Stanley should have had a red card for the double footed challenge, fair.

No idea how Woolfenden 'missed' but did look over the line. Can't tell for sure without GLT.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 14:58]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Standard of refs this year on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 1115 viewsm14_blue

Standard of refs this year on 14:52 - Oct 20 by IPS_wich

Personally only think the two footed tackle was a wrong decision.

Dobra swing a punch at the guy - deserved red

Toto sent the guy flying - for me an absolute stonewall

The goal over the line is 100% the linesman’s call - and the replay made it look marginal

No way did Dobra deserve a red, even if it was naive when he'd already been booked. If that's a straight red then we may all just start watching netball.

Agree, the penalty was definite, and Toto lucky not to get second yellow.

Also agree that it was the linesman's call on the 'goal' although didn't look even close to marginal on the replay to me, clearly over the line.
Standard of refs this year on 15:02 - Oct 20 with 1105 viewsTrequartista

I only saw Dobra had swung a punch on replay and I only saw the tackle on Edwards as a red card on replay, so considering referees don't get replays, he didn't do that badly.

The worst decision was a bad tackle on Rowe, a possible foul on Edwards, the ball spinning off their player and the result of all this, a goal-kick!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Standard of refs this year on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 1087 viewsm14_blue

Standard of refs this year on 15:02 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

I only saw Dobra had swung a punch on replay and I only saw the tackle on Edwards as a red card on replay, so considering referees don't get replays, he didn't do that badly.

The worst decision was a bad tackle on Rowe, a possible foul on Edwards, the ball spinning off their player and the result of all this, a goal-kick!

Yep, that did make me chuckle, the game was lost by then and no one even really protested but completely bizarre decision.
Standard of refs this year on 15:04 - Oct 20 with 1078 viewsIPS_wich

Standard of refs this year on 15:00 - Oct 20 by m14_blue

No way did Dobra deserve a red, even if it was naive when he'd already been booked. If that's a straight red then we may all just start watching netball.

Also agree that it was the linesman's call on the 'goal' although didn't look even close to marginal on the replay to me, clearly over the line.

Dobra slapped the guy in the back of the head. A bit like swatting a fly.

But deliberately raise your hand and make contact with the opponents head - that’s a red card 100 times out of 100.
Standard of refs this year on 15:06 - Oct 20 with 1067 viewsm14_blue

Standard of refs this year on 15:04 - Oct 20 by IPS_wich

But deliberately raise your hand and make contact with the opponents head - that’s a red card 100 times out of 100.

Maybe I need to watch it again, seemed like something of nothing to me, that only became something because of their player's reaction.
Standard of refs this year on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 1065 viewsITFC_96

Standard of refs this year on 15:04 - Oct 20 by IPS_wich

He was elbowed in the neck by their defender. Probably shouldn't have reacted to it, but had he fallen over it would have been a red for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Standard of refs this year on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 1050 viewsGarv

Standard of refs this year on 15:00 - Oct 20 by m14_blue

I think the only argument for it not being a penalty is that I think that would be waived away more often than given. Mainly because it's an honest challenge for a header.

But it was a penalty.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Standard of refs this year on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1036 viewsIPS_wich

Standard of refs this year on 15:08 - Oct 20 by ITFC_96

He was elbowed in the neck by their defender. Probably shouldn't have reacted to it, but had he fallen over it would have been a red for them.

But he did react. The AS guy technically could have received two reds, one for the elbow and then one for the shove to the throat. I couldn’t believe Dobra got a red and then there was one angle that showed his slap...my indignation quickly dried up.

Silly boy, he’d looked much more threatening than judge or Dozzell and he goes and lands himself a suspension.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024