Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad day at the office 14:50 - Oct 20 with 5140 viewsitfcjoe

WHen i saw the team I was worried about a few areas and all those fears came to play.

Judge not a second striker, too loose in possession and doesn't look to go in behind.

Not the right game for Dozzell to be one of 2 in there when a battle - if Huws isn't fit now when will he be? He seems fit when he plays, we need to play him, he's too good not to play.

Toto is too rash, as proven time and time again and again today - I'd almost say he's not worth persisting with.

But two big moments defined the game - the penalty, which was utterly stupid (and blatant - this isn't a grumble at what was another poor ref), and then Woolfie's 'goal'. 1-0 at half time and it is a different ball game, and again so is it at 2-1 with 20(?) to play.

But, top of the league with a game in hand - win on Wednesday and all forgotten and we go from there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bad day at the office on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 4134 viewsReuser_is_God

Bang on Joe.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bad day at the office on 15:04 - Oct 20 with 4093 viewstextbackup

on the Doz comment I ask - at what point does a play just have to adapt and make himself the player to play in these games? the quality is there, I think, but when will it be too late for him to show it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bad day at the office on 15:06 - Oct 20 with 4072 viewsKieran_Knows

Dozzell constantly looks as if he’s playing in an under 23 game.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bad day at the office on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 4067 viewsDubtractor

Bad day at the office on 15:04 - Oct 20 by textbackup

on the Doz comment I ask - at what point does a play just have to adapt and make himself the player to play in these games? the quality is there, I think, but when will it be too late for him to show it?

To be honest, aside from the occasional clever pass, he is offering absolutely nothing for us.

A couple of times they were attacking us and he just stopped and let players past him.

If we want someone to play a few clever passes but do little else then I'd genuinely fancy myself for that role.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bad day at the office on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 4042 viewsitfcjoe

Tough one really, you still see the bits of quality at times but he'll never be the right player for that game - it was a battle. He needs to be the 3rd man in there not one of the two like he was today

He needs a run of games, as he doesn't get a chance with 45 minutes here and 60 minutes there, but he needs to earn that chance. Missing the EFL Trophy games isn't helping but it is just fizzling out for him here.

Bad day at the office on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 4031 viewsm14_blue

Spot on as usual Joe.

Going forward we looked very much like the 2018/19 Ipswich, lightweight and ineffective with Jackson isolated and unable to hold it up.

Every team play badly and loses games though, get back on the horse on Wednesday and everything will be fine.
Bad day at the office on 15:21 - Oct 20 with 3992 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, a good summary. The team selection didn't look right to me at the outset either, although at 1-0 I thought it would not take too much to sort things out and get something out of the game in the second half. At 2-0 you are fighting an uphill battle against any opposition.

Really surprised we didn't see Keane as, while there were problems throughout the team, a very obvious one was that nothing stuck up top and Jackson had no help. Did Lambert just decide to gamble with Dobra and, if it didn't work, we'd still be top with Keane/Huws fresh for Wednesday? If he did that's strange in my view and perhaps too cautious. Keane and Huws should not be sitting unused in a game we are chasing.

Nsiala needs cutting a degree of slack on his return, I guess, but that does not alter the fact that he just drains the composure from those around him as well as making terrible judgments himself. Really concerning signs from him today.

Would probably have been a different outcome with the four absentees available. In the first half we just didn't get near enough to them and Downes/Norwood etc wouldn't make that mistake. It felt for long spells like one of last season's performances.

Nothing to get hung up about as we are allowed a few days like that and there will be more - but a very timely reminder that we aren't remotely going to have things all our own way and that there remains a hell of a lot to do.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bad day at the office on 15:26 - Oct 20 with 3954 viewsRegencyBlue

Bad day at the office on 15:07 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

To be honest, aside from the occasional clever pass, he is offering absolutely nothing for us.

A couple of times they were attacking us and he just stopped and let players past him.

If we want someone to play a few clever passes but do little else then I'd genuinely fancy myself for that role.

To be honest I think he is making a living here on his old mans name!

Harsh, I know, but he really is doing nothing to justify a place on the bench, let alone a first team start. There is skill there but he cannot impose himself on a game to use it. Most of the time he is nothing more than a spectator with the game completely bypassing him for long periods.

I cannot see Lambert persevering with him much longer and it would be hard to disagree with him.
Login to get fewer ads

Bad day at the office on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 3937 viewsMrTown

Couldn’t have summed it up any better.

On to Wednesday.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bad day at the office on 15:38 - Oct 20 with 3892 viewsLankHenners

Would like to have another look at the first (and only) one they cleared off the line, not because it looked in, but I thought Garbutt could have stormed in and made sure it went over rather than stand there and look at it but maybe I'm being harsh.

Really surprised Keane didn't come on (unless he wasn't ready in which case what was the point in him being there?), we clearly needed someone on the pitch who could put physical pressure on their defence and hold the ball up.

Can't put aside Accrington playing well either, but it shows we need to toughen up a bit when teams don't let us have our way. The likes of Norwood and Downes in particular would have helped in that respect of course.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bad day at the office on 15:47 - Oct 20 with 3853 viewsJ2BLUE

If I had seen this I wouldn't have bothered posting my thread. Spot on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bad day at the office on 15:49 - Oct 20 with 3845 viewsstrikalite

Doz is like a good 5-a-side player, good on the ball, always wanting it, very neat and tidy, but in a proper game(especially this level)he hasn't the physicality to do the dirty stuff, it stood out today, I'm not going to single him out especially though, because there were too many other wrongs out there also that came before him imo..
Bad day at the office on 15:55 - Oct 20 with 3823 viewsN2_Blue

Bad day at the office on 15:08 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Tough one really, you still see the bits of quality at times but he'll never be the right player for that game - it was a battle. He needs to be the 3rd man in there not one of the two like he was today

He needs a run of games, as he doesn't get a chance with 45 minutes here and 60 minutes there, but he needs to earn that chance. Missing the EFL Trophy games isn't helping but it is just fizzling out for him here.

Re Dozzell...you say he needs a run of games but you also say this is never the game for him. How can he even have a run of games if the games have to be chosen for him cos he can’t battle.

I know you like the youth coming through and a home town player but I think it’s time to let go with Dozzell. Not good enough. Plenty of players playing non league football can play a killer ball but are deficient in other areas so are not cut out for a higher level.

Dozzell could be a player but it’s not going to happen anytime soon or likely to be with us. He looks shot and there is absolutely zilch room for sentiment in football.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bad day at the office on 16:23 - Oct 20 with 3756 viewsitfcjoe

Bad day at the office on 15:55 - Oct 20 by N2_Blue

Re Dozzell...you say he needs a run of games but you also say this is never the game for him. How can he even have a run of games if the games have to be chosen for him cos he can’t battle.

I know you like the youth coming through and a home town player but I think it’s time to let go with Dozzell. Not good enough. Plenty of players playing non league football can play a killer ball but are deficient in other areas so are not cut out for a higher level.

Dozzell could be a player but it’s not going to happen anytime soon or likely to be with us. He looks shot and there is absolutely zilch room for sentiment in football.

That’s not quite what I say, he needs to be given the confidence of knowing he will play a run of games. Coming in for half a game here or there doesn’t allow any momentum to be gained.

What good will today’s game have done him? Come in, struggle and then get the hook and be on the bench again.

There are not generally ideal situations for youths to come through in, but with the type of player Andre is he is especially struggling as not had a lot of luck (or taken his chances either)

He has clear quality, but we are struggling to harness it here, if we could have got a good few from anyone bar Norwich it would have probably suited all parties

Bad day at the office on 16:35 - Oct 20 with 3719 viewsFootballpete

Bad day at the office on 15:38 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

Would like to have another look at the first (and only) one they cleared off the line, not because it looked in, but I thought Garbutt could have stormed in and made sure it went over rather than stand there and look at it but maybe I'm being harsh.

Really surprised Keane didn't come on (unless he wasn't ready in which case what was the point in him being there?), we clearly needed someone on the pitch who could put physical pressure on their defence and hold the ball up.

Can't put aside Accrington playing well either, but it shows we need to toughen up a bit when teams don't let us have our way. The likes of Norwood and Downes in particular would have helped in that respect of course.

That's exactly what I thought at the time too, he should be busting a guy to ensure that goes over the line.

Personally, I didn't think it was a penalty but I'm sure people will disagree.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bad day at the office on 16:40 - Oct 20 with 3684 viewsFixed_It

Bad day at the office on 16:23 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

That’s not quite what I say, he needs to be given the confidence of knowing he will play a run of games. Coming in for half a game here or there doesn’t allow any momentum to be gained.

What good will today’s game have done him? Come in, struggle and then get the hook and be on the bench again.

There are not generally ideal situations for youths to come through in, but with the type of player Andre is he is especially struggling as not had a lot of luck (or taken his chances either)

He has clear quality, but we are struggling to harness it here, if we could have got a good few from anyone bar Norwich it would have probably suited all parties

He needs to get a run of games out on loan IMHO. He doesn't justify taking a place in our team at the moment, and certainly not a run of games as you suggest he needs. The quality is there, but he needs to add more to his game if he is to influence matches.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bad day at the office on 16:44 - Oct 20 with 3660 viewsGarv

Is there an argument for starting him on Wednesday then?

I'd be tempted to.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bad day at the office on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 3625 viewsitfcjoe

Bad day at the office on 16:40 - Oct 20 by Fixed_It

He needs to get a run of games out on loan IMHO. He doesn't justify taking a place in our team at the moment, and certainly not a run of games as you suggest he needs. The quality is there, but he needs to add more to his game if he is to influence matches.

Where’s he going to go on loan though?

Bad day at the office on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 3608 viewsDyland

Indeed. A problem exacerbated by the half games here and there often being forced or experimental and eccentric team selections.

I'm not saying Dozzers should have a formation set up around him but much of the criticism is so clueless.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bad day at the office on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 3568 viewsstrikalite

Bad day at the office on 17:02 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Nowhere in this country if he wants to improve playing with better players...
Bad day at the office on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 3504 viewsKieran_Knows

Bad day at the office on 17:02 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Why not somewhere like the Dutch Eerste Divisie, ala like Todd Cantwell did up the road?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bad day at the office on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 3496 viewsitfcjoe

Bad day at the office on 18:05 - Oct 20 by Kieran_Knows

Why not somewhere like the Dutch Eerste Divisie, ala like Todd Cantwell did up the road?

I’d love to see that, and think it would be a great move for everyone

Bad day at the office on 18:49 - Oct 20 with 3411 viewshaynes_toe1

Bad day at the office on 18:07 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

I’d love to see that, and think it would be a great move for everyone

Probably would suit him but we seem so far behind in creating good links scouting or otherwise anywhere outside of this side of England.
Bad day at the office on 19:02 - Oct 20 with 3392 viewsunstableblue

We had to lose at some point, and better to do it with three of our most influential players missing, and an opposition playing out of their skin.

Funnily enough I enjoyed the game, and parts of the town performance, unlike so many losses/performances over the last few seasons of tripe. Our possession stats, corners, shots and a goal that should have stood, and a goal line clearance, attest to this.

We really missed the work Norwood does today and the defensive side of KVY's game.

I think what we should be focusing on is Lambert's system and tactical acumen. I agree Huws was surely the right choice, and it was a surprise he and Keane were not used. And it felt Jackson was disconnected. But I was pleased Lambert went with Dobra and then Gerogiou, trying to stretch the slower Accrington defence. And you know we kept passing.

Skuse was superb today.

As for Toto, I think his passing and some of his work was good today. And I'm sure i've seen those challenges in the box not given. I would definitely stick with him.

Wolfenden needs to be in the starting 11 now. Chambo still prone to some loose play.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Bad day at the office on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 3359 viewshaynes_toe1

Bad day at the office on 19:02 - Oct 20 by unstableblue

We had to lose at some point, and better to do it with three of our most influential players missing, and an opposition playing out of their skin.

Funnily enough I enjoyed the game, and parts of the town performance, unlike so many losses/performances over the last few seasons of tripe. Our possession stats, corners, shots and a goal that should have stood, and a goal line clearance, attest to this.

We really missed the work Norwood does today and the defensive side of KVY's game.

I think what we should be focusing on is Lambert's system and tactical acumen. I agree Huws was surely the right choice, and it was a surprise he and Keane were not used. And it felt Jackson was disconnected. But I was pleased Lambert went with Dobra and then Gerogiou, trying to stretch the slower Accrington defence. And you know we kept passing.

Skuse was superb today.

As for Toto, I think his passing and some of his work was good today. And I'm sure i've seen those challenges in the box not given. I would definitely stick with him.

Wolfenden needs to be in the starting 11 now. Chambo still prone to some loose play.

Sorry, but 'last few seasons of tripe' is grinding my gears a little.

I much preferred:

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Ipswich
Preston 0 - 1 Ipswich
Sunderland 0 - 2 Ipswich

As just a few games off the top of my head in Micks last season away from home - all relatively close to one another.

They were much, much better than playing hoofball in League One and losing 2-0 to Accrington.

Wish people would stop re-writing history.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024