Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 19:01 - Oct 20 with 7842 viewsZedRodgers

Not enough time for a referendum, only a GE.

No, not at the moment

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 4083 viewsPinewoodblue

If the opposition parties are willing.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 4062 viewsBloomBlue

Are you sure? BBC news (on the radio) said the EU won't make a decision until early next week at the earliest waiting to see if Boris deal is approved on Tues.

Also Sir Keir apparently said on the Andrew Marr show (I didn't see it) that if the EU extend it's possible Labour won't vote for a GE and instead continue with the HoC in it's current blocked state until after the Feb extension to make sure they block any chance of a no deal.
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 4035 viewsSuperfrans

Is this def info? Has Donald Tusk been seen at Ipswich Hospital?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:46 - Oct 20 with 4011 viewsZedRodgers

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:33 - Oct 20 by BloomBlue

Are you sure? BBC news (on the radio) said the EU won't make a decision until early next week at the earliest waiting to see if Boris deal is approved on Tues.

Also Sir Keir apparently said on the Andrew Marr show (I didn't see it) that if the EU extend it's possible Labour won't vote for a GE and instead continue with the HoC in it's current blocked state until after the Feb extension to make sure they block any chance of a no deal.

Bercow isn’t allowing the vote. Ruling it out of order:

One Feb 2020 extension source:

No, not at the moment

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:02 - Oct 20 with 3975 viewsstig4532

I doubt the EU will need to offer a delay, unless a technical one to get legislation over the line. I think there is a majority in Parliament for the deal, so I think we might end up leaving next month under a short extension.
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:04 - Oct 20 with 3963 viewsPecker

Nothing official yet.
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:06 - Oct 20 with 3960 viewsBloomBlue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:46 - Oct 20 by ZedRodgers

Bercow isn’t allowing the vote. Ruling it out of order:

One Feb 2020 extension source:

Ok but basically the same as the BBC nothing official from the EU until after the vote on Boris deal on Tues. Although if that first post is correct that's not going to happen on Tues now.
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:12 - Oct 20 with 3942 viewsFtnfwest

If this is true then Juncker lied the other day. Not to be trusted
Login to get fewer ads

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:21 - Oct 20 with 3915 viewsZedRodgers

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:02 - Oct 20 by stig4532

I doubt the EU will need to offer a delay, unless a technical one to get legislation over the line. I think there is a majority in Parliament for the deal, so I think we might end up leaving next month under a short extension.

Worth reading this thread of tweets:

Sounds like the government will be very much on the ropes next week. Ones you’ve read it, let me know if you still think they won’t need an extension (or will only require a short one). Game’s up.

No, not at the moment

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 3908 viewsKievthegreat

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:12 - Oct 20 by Ftnfwest

If this is true then Juncker lied the other day. Not to be trusted

Juncker didn't lie, he said he didn't see the need for an extension if there was a deal agreed.

Also, Juncker's opinion is irrelevant because he has zero say with regards extensions. It's purely a matter for the EU Council (the 27/28 heads of state)
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:28 - Oct 20 with 3886 viewsjeera

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 19:38 - Oct 20 by Superfrans

Is this def info? Has Donald Tusk been seen at Ipswich Hospital?

Tesco roundabout.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 3845 viewsFtnfwest

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:25 - Oct 20 by Kievthegreat

Juncker didn't lie, he said he didn't see the need for an extension if there was a deal agreed.

Also, Juncker's opinion is irrelevant because he has zero say with regards extensions. It's purely a matter for the EU Council (the 27/28 heads of state)

He said there would be ‘no further extension and it has to be now.’ Well if there is then he’s lied whether he’s relevant or not.
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:49 - Oct 20 with 3816 viewsNo9

They should cancel everything until the tories learn what leaving the EU actually means & they can develop a workable plan.
If this was a commercial organisation the CEO & his numbnuts would have been gone a long time ago
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:53 - Oct 20 with 3792 viewsFootballpete

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:25 - Oct 20 by Kievthegreat

27 unelected bureaucrats more like! #takebackcontrol #wtoterms #thatswhatwevotedfor #weknewexactlywhatwevotedfor #treachery

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:03 - Oct 20 with 3755 viewsBlueBadger

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:49 - Oct 20 by No9

They should cancel everything until the tories learn what leaving the EU actually means & they can develop a workable plan.
If this was a commercial organisation the CEO & his numbnuts would have been gone a long time ago

...or they'd have been offered a contract 'delivering' public services.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:23 - Oct 20 with 3691 viewsZedRodgers

Tory MP Daniel Kawczynski colluding with foreign government and undermining our sovereignty again.

No, not at the moment

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 3671 viewsFtnfwest

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:23 - Oct 20 by ZedRodgers

Tory MP Daniel Kawczynski colluding with foreign government and undermining our sovereignty again.

At least the labour leave MPs wrote directly to the EU Commission itself
EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:40 - Oct 20 with 3624 viewsfactual_blue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:49 - Oct 20 by No9

I don't think there is a solitary member of the tory party capable of learning anything.

Nanny still ties moggy's shoe laces for him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 3614 viewsSwansea_Blue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:23 - Oct 20 by ZedRodgers

He's the tvvat who didn't know where fruit and veg came from even though it said on the labels, isn't he. A total bellend. A poor man's, slighly less gammony Francois.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:55 - Oct 20 with 3589 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 20:53 - Oct 20 by Footballpete

27 unelected bureaucrats more like! #takebackcontrol #wtoterms #thatswhatwevotedfor #weknewexactlywhatwevotedfor #treachery

Except they aren't unelected bureaucrats and it doesn't how many hashtags you use it doesn't make any of them true.

The referendum was a binary leave remain. Nothing about the customs union or deals. I know people who voted leave who said to me afterwards "I thought we would just vote leave and then the day after we would be out".

Even JRM said before the referendum we could have another vote afterwards once we knew the terms of the deal. If you truly believe your hashtags why are you so afraid of another referendum now the terms are known?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:56 - Oct 20 with 3587 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why would it be long enough for a GE but not for a referendum?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 3576 viewsfactual_blue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:45 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

He's the tvvat who didn't know where fruit and veg came from even though it said on the labels, isn't he. A total bellend. A poor man's, slighly less gammony Francois.

..and an immigrant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 3577 viewsSwansea_Blue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:55 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Except they aren't unelected bureaucrats and it doesn't how many hashtags you use it doesn't make any of them true.

The referendum was a binary leave remain. Nothing about the customs union or deals. I know people who voted leave who said to me afterwards "I thought we would just vote leave and then the day after we would be out".

Even JRM said before the referendum we could have another vote afterwards once we knew the terms of the deal. If you truly believe your hashtags why are you so afraid of another referendum now the terms are known?

I love how all the people who knew what they voted for were on tenterhooks last week, waiting for news to come from Brussels on what they had voted for!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 22:01 - Oct 20 with 3568 viewsSuperfrans

As laid down by the Benn Act. No surprise there.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 22:01 - Oct 20 with 3568 viewsPinewoodblue

EU to offer extension until Feb 2020 on 21:56 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why would it be long enough for a GE but not for a referendum?

google is wonderful it helps you find answers for yourself. A BBC web page suggests a minimum of 22 weeks is required.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024