Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haringey and us 19:46 - Oct 20 with 22118 viewsChateauWines

I have just spoken to Club Secretary.

Driving back from Accrington this afternoon I have considered hard what to do about what I heard on terraces today not for the first time. I've been going to football for over 40 years and dont consider myself a snowflake. I also consider the overwhelming majority of our away supporters amongst the best in the land and am proud to consider myself a Tractor Boy.

However....

After the events in Sofia last week and then disturbingly at Haringey involving Yeovil supporters, a certain song mentioned on another thread on here about one of our own players was sung by a small group of 10 or so several times today. It made myself squirm a little as it did others around me. I considered saying something but chickened out, then considered drawing it to attention of a steward or policeman. Thinking that would bring terrible publicity for club I stood and ignored it. It never got going as a song and am sure players didn't hear. Driving home I listened to Haringey manager talking on radio saying supporters should shop others doing and saying these things. I wish now I had stepped up.

What should I do guys?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 15:38]

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Haringey and us on 19:56 - Oct 20 with 8227 viewsSitfcB

Nsiala song.

Not this debate again.... zzz

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Haringey and us on 19:57 - Oct 20 with 8228 viewsReuser_is_God

The worst thing about the Nsiala song is the fact that he’s our worst player & we have a song about him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haringey and us on 19:58 - Oct 20 with 8218 viewsPinewoodblue

Gather support from others around you, don't tackle them on your own. Every last one needs to be removed we shouldn't accept that they are just a small insignificant group and every club has the same problem.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Haringey and us on 20:00 - Oct 20 with 8210 viewsReuser_is_God

Haringey and us on 19:58 - Oct 20 by Pinewoodblue

Gather support from others around you, don't tackle them on your own. Every last one needs to be removed we shouldn't accept that they are just a small insignificant group and every club has the same problem.

Agree with this, more so given it’s the Fanzone virgins that are the origin of this song.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haringey and us on 20:00 - Oct 20 with 8201 viewsSitfcB

Haringey and us on 19:57 - Oct 20 by Reuser_is_God

The worst thing about the Nsiala song is the fact that he’s our worst player & we have a song about him.

...and it’s been sung all season and he hasn’t even been playing

COYB

Haringey and us on 20:01 - Oct 20 with 8200 viewsPecker

I didn't hear anything, but if I did, I would tell a steward straight away. If that is what they are like, I do not want them representing our wonderful club. If you hear it again, but "chicken out", just tell other supporters around you. We will not tolerate anything like this. I do not blame you for not saying anything today, but if in future it happens again, please tell somebody, anybody.
Haringey and us on 20:01 - Oct 20 with 8199 viewsChateauWines

Cheers Pinewood. That's exactly what I'm trying to do here. The player in questions ability is of no relevance in this matter.

Haringey and us on 20:04 - Oct 20 with 8173 views44_not_out

Haringey and us on 19:57 - Oct 20 by Reuser_is_God

Although the part about drinking the vodka and jäger appear true as I can only assume he overindulged last night and thus the performance today

(I agree btw - it is both inappropriate and also cringe)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 20:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Haringey and us on 20:04 - Oct 20 with 8166 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 20:01 - Oct 20 by Pecker

I didn't hear anything, but if I did, I would tell a steward straight away. If that is what they are like, I do not want them representing our wonderful club. If you hear it again, but "chicken out", just tell other supporters around you. We will not tolerate anything like this. I do not blame you for not saying anything today, but if in future it happens again, please tell somebody, anybody.

Group were at back just to the left of the drum. I shall not hesitate next time

Haringey and us on 20:06 - Oct 20 with 8141 viewsPecker

Haringey and us on 20:04 - Oct 20 by ChateauWines

Just be careful. Get a steward or police officer to approach them.
Haringey and us on 20:07 - Oct 20 with 8131 viewsBluefish

Was it the Paul Lambert is a blue song?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Haringey and us on 20:09 - Oct 20 with 8125 viewsBLUEBEAT

No need to confront at all, if feeling uneasy doing so.

Most people have video recording devices on their mobile telephones these days, so capturing deplorable footage should be easy and can then be forwarded to the club via electronic messaging service.

Poll: W or W

Haringey and us on 20:10 - Oct 20 with 8124 viewsm14_blue

I don’t like the song and hope common sense prevails and it stops.

However, to lump it in with what happened at Haringey and Sofia is OTT.
Haringey and us on 20:17 - Oct 20 with 8087 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 20:10 - Oct 20 by m14_blue

I don’t like the song and hope common sense prevails and it stops.

However, to lump it in with what happened at Haringey and Sofia is OTT.

Before I listened to Haringey manager I may have agreed. Minor racism in a song about one of our own players is still racism.

Haringey and us on 20:24 - Oct 20 with 8055 viewsNBVJohn

If it’s the song I think it is (I wasn’t there today) then It’s been raised on here with no real effect already. The club needs to be seen to condemn it, but they undoubtedly need the help of the majority of decent supporters.

There seems to be a perception that it’s harmless ‘bants’ and there are versions of it, equally tasteless at a number of other clubs including Aston Villa who’s game I attended yesterday with my son ( a big Villa fan). Aston Villa recently condemned those singing the song and committed to banning anyone found to be signing it. To the best of my knowledge, those in a similar position of responsibility at Ipswich have not yet made a similar commitment.

Similarly, the ovation given to Tyrone Mings at Villa Park yesterday following events in Bulgaria earlier in the week was an indication to me that the majority of supporters find racist behaviour abhorrent. Your assertion that this was sung by no more than 10 or so people today kind of says the same thing. It should not be ignored though

My advice is to make a complaint to the club directly and if you can, anonymously identify the culprits. I note from watching on TV that much of our supporters were standing on a terrace today, so I appreciate that could prove tricky on this occasion, but if the club really wanted to do something, they could potentially ask for CCTV footage.

Hopefully your post will inspire others to come forward and identify those responsible. Well done to you for raising it.
Haringey and us on 20:27 - Oct 20 with 8039 viewsZedRodgers

It’s terrible. It’s racist, doesn’t make sense and doesn’t fit the tune. All things considered, it’s one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard.

The worst thing is how that group of clowns have relentlessly pursued it to the point where they’ve messaged and approached Toto in real life asking if he has a problem with it.

No, not at the moment

Haringey and us on 20:29 - Oct 20 with 8020 viewsSitfcB

https://www.kickitout.org/forms/online-reporting-form

COYB

Haringey and us on 20:31 - Oct 20 with 8000 viewsNBVJohn

Haringey and us on 20:04 - Oct 20 by ChateauWines

Give this information to the club! It may help to identify those responsible.
Haringey and us on 21:25 - Oct 20 with 7884 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 20:29 - Oct 20 by SitfcB

https://www.kickitout.org/forms/online-reporting-form

I have identified two i know were singing it from photo online of posted by club and will contact club in morning

Haringey and us on 21:46 - Oct 20 with 7799 viewstown8710

Haringey and us on 21:25 - Oct 20 by ChateauWines

I have identified two i know were singing it from photo online of posted by club and will contact club in morning

You mean the song that our captain chambers has a sticker on his phone with the lyrics!! And also believe Toto has been asked as states he likes the song. To be it in the same bracket is a joke
Haringey and us on 23:11 - Oct 20 with 7617 viewscrunchie1978

Virtue signal post of the day!
Haringey and us on 23:31 - Oct 20 with 7598 viewspelles321

Haringey and us on 19:56 - Oct 20 by SitfcB

Nsiala song.

Not this debate again.... zzz

I find your response puzzling. You were the first to respond (almost instantaneously) when I made a similar point about not liking this chant after the Gillingham game. Again you said the subject was boring and had already been discussed, whilst then seemingly continuing to justify its existence.

If you find the subject so boring, why do you continue being the first to comment? Or do you not find the subject boring, and actually have a strong opinion that this chant is acceptable, and therefore dismiss those of us who are putting pressure on fellow supporters to reflect on its connotations?
Haringey and us on 06:16 - Oct 21 with 7391 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 21:46 - Oct 20 by town8710

You mean the song that our captain chambers has a sticker on his phone with the lyrics!! And also believe Toto has been asked as states he likes the song. To be it in the same bracket is a joke

To clarify. You are suggesting that a song which Aston Villa have been handing out lengthy bans over is endorsed by a captain?

Haringey and us on 07:15 - Oct 21 with 7303 viewsyesjohn99

Is this the song that mentions toto’s man parts?

Silly poor song but really doesn’t constitute racist chanting does it?
Haringey and us on 08:50 - Oct 21 with 7116 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I expect the people that sing whatever song you heard read this message board.

As such, why don’t they take this thread as their last warning and if they do it again they are bound to be reported one way or another.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024