Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday 08:18 - Oct 21 with 4071 viewsReuser_is_God

What are the thoughts of TWTD?

I personally thought it was a nailed on penalty.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 8:18]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:28 - Oct 21 with 3565 viewsGeoffSentence

Wouldn't say it was nailed on, but no big surprise when it was given. Certainly would not have been overturned by VAR.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:28 - Oct 21 with 3565 viewsHerbivore

We'd have been calling for it. It's one of those that you don't always see given but even though he's jumping for the ball he gets nowhere near it and jumps into the player. Let's put it this way, it wasn't close to being the worst decision the ref made.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 8:37]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:28 - Oct 21 with 3564 viewsportmanking

Watching on the terrace I have to say I thought, once again, it was just a clumsy late aerial challenge from Toto. He knew he'd been slow to jump and recklessly barged into their player.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:30 - Oct 21 with 3556 viewsm14_blue

Rarely see them given for aerial challenges but he was so ridiculously late, no complaints from me.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:40 - Oct 21 with 3508 viewsLankHenners

Very clear penalty. Jumps into him so late, he’s nowhere near the ball and clatters him to the floor. Doesn’t even count as an ‘aerial challenge’ it was so mistimed and clumsy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 08:47 - Oct 21 with 3470 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Clear penalty. People are confused because they rarely see such ridiculous challenges at this level of football. Amazed it was only 2 at HT and he hasn’t been sent off given the way he played.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:04 - Oct 21 with 3422 viewsGarv

If it hadn’t been given, there wouldn’t have been much fuss. Those rarely get given.

But logically, it’s a foul.

More importantly, do we seriously not get goal line technology in league one? I’m sure it’s in place in the championship, am I wrong?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 9:06]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:12 - Oct 21 with 3363 viewsDanTheMan

Penalty. He basically just headbutted him, was nowhere near the ball. Incredibly clumsy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:18 - Oct 21 with 3342 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Penalty correctly given. No arguments from me.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:21 - Oct 21 with 3323 viewsGlasgowBlue

Penalty. Said so as soon as he made the challenge.since seen the reply and not changed my mind.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:26 - Oct 21 with 3309 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely.

I think some people are confusing an aerial challenge with a challenge where the 2nd player is so late he just clatters him after the ball has gone. Nsiala was so late their guy was on the way down when he went through him.

It reminded me of watching a midfield battle in a Ridgeons League game where this sort of challenge happens.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:15 - Oct 21 with 3212 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:21 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

Penalty. Said so as soon as he made the challenge.since seen the reply and not changed my mind.

Same here.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:41 - Oct 21 with 3138 viewsGuthrum

It was fair for Nsiala to challenge, but he was late, very clumsy and ended up taking out the man without being anywhere close to the ball. In the modern era there is no leeway given over impeding an attacker in the box. So definitely a penalty.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:42 - Oct 21 with 3128 viewsbahri

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:04 - Oct 21 by Garv

If it hadn’t been given, there wouldn’t have been much fuss. Those rarely get given.

But logically, it’s a foul.

More importantly, do we seriously not get goal line technology in league one? I’m sure it’s in place in the championship, am I wrong?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 9:06]

Definitely need goal line technology. All the money swilling about and a lot of it being wasted it can't be that difficult to 'install'. If some clubs are struggling with the finance I'm sure the F.A. could sort an interest free loan.

redandella

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:49 - Oct 21 with 3101 viewsJakeITFC

I didn’t particularly think it needed to be a penalty, but it was typically rash and clumsy defending from Nsiala and he definitely gave the ref the option.

I’m really struggling to see the upside with Toto atm - he doesn’t even stand out in U23 games.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:52 - Oct 21 with 3082 viewstractorboy1978

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 10:49 - Oct 21 by JakeITFC

I didn’t particularly think it needed to be a penalty, but it was typically rash and clumsy defending from Nsiala and he definitely gave the ref the option.

I’m really struggling to see the upside with Toto atm - he doesn’t even stand out in U23 games.

You never know what he is going to do next. He doesn't fill me with any confidence from the stands so you can be sure his team mates feel similar. Wilson looks so assured in comparison.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:02 - Oct 21 with 2996 viewsWickets

I thought the Ref had a decent game got most things right Penalty was nailed on for me maybe sendings off could have been 2 yellows but many Ref's would have seen them as Red's. Biggest mistake was the two footed jump tackle that was a Red and the Lino might have been in postition to give Woolfies effort that was over the line but not sure if he got a clear view or not .
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:10 - Oct 21 with 2976 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Penalty.

I am still trying to work out what he was even doing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:13 - Oct 21 with 2966 viewsTractorWood

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 09:12 - Oct 21 by DanTheMan

Penalty. He basically just headbutted him, was nowhere near the ball. Incredibly clumsy.

Especially as Toto is 7 inches taller and should just win the header.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:31 - Oct 21 with 2930 viewsIllinoisblue

Penalty all day long. 100%.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 2836 viewsfactual_blue

My thought is to give no credence to anything from twitbook.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 14:51 - Oct 21 with 2755 viewsm14_blue

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:02 - Oct 21 by Wickets

I thought the Ref had a decent game got most things right Penalty was nailed on for me maybe sendings off could have been 2 yellows but many Ref's would have seen them as Red's. Biggest mistake was the two footed jump tackle that was a Red and the Lino might have been in postition to give Woolfies effort that was over the line but not sure if he got a clear view or not .

So other than dodgy 2 sendings off, a missed blatant sending off and a goal that was clearly over the line but not given, you thought he had a decent game?
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 15:00 - Oct 21 with 2736 viewsbritbiker

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 12:13 - Oct 21 by TractorWood

Especially as Toto is 7 inches taller and should just win the header.

We were discussing Toto before the penalty incident and were expecting something to happen.

He spent the the early part of the match trying to wrestle the attacker rather than attempting to go for the ball.

On a slightly different point. Why do our players give away such stupid fouls when in attacking positions. Why give the defender such easy options to get a free kick. I get all players tug and push to get a yard headstart but its the blatant shoves and kicks that ended half promising attacks that do my head in.

Probably just as well Flynn was missing for that game as there was a twenty minute spell in the second half when we were fouling tit for tat with their players. It just distrupted the game when we should have been pushing for a way back into the match.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 15:04 - Oct 21 with 2718 viewsm14_blue

Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 15:00 - Oct 21 by britbiker

We were discussing Toto before the penalty incident and were expecting something to happen.

He spent the the early part of the match trying to wrestle the attacker rather than attempting to go for the ball.

On a slightly different point. Why do our players give away such stupid fouls when in attacking positions. Why give the defender such easy options to get a free kick. I get all players tug and push to get a yard headstart but its the blatant shoves and kicks that ended half promising attacks that do my head in.

Probably just as well Flynn was missing for that game as there was a twenty minute spell in the second half when we were fouling tit for tat with their players. It just distrupted the game when we should have been pushing for a way back into the match.

I think Accrington were much more streetwise than us.

The replays of those early 'fouls' by Toto clearly showed that it was their attacker doing far more of the shirt pulling and wresting but he then threw himself to the ground and his teammates surrounded the ref whilst we jogged back in to position with confused expressions on our faces.

They were also better than us on the ball btw, this isn't by way of an excuse.
Seen a fair few people on Twitter saying it was never a penalty yesterday on 15:06 - Oct 21 with 2712 viewsSuperfrans

I thought it was soft - and definitely not nailed on, as many were suggesting on Twitter yesterday.

For me, Toto was competing for the ball - he jumped, was in a bad position, so didn't ever look like winning it, but genuinely tried to win the ball. He didn't elbow, butt or otherwise throw himself at the player. It was just a mid-air challenge that he lost.

My fear is that aerial challenges will become outlawed if you simply need to lose a challenge to concede a free kick or penalty. But that's just my view. I know it's not the only view.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024