Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negativity.. 10:27 - Oct 21 with 2800 viewsagravenor

I've seen a lot of negativity around yesterday's result and all of a sudden people are questioning Lambert's decisions and if 50% of the squad are good enough.

Yes we played terribly yesterday and the management and coaching staff got it wrong, but, lets remember that is our first loss of the season and we also had 3/4 key players out.

It's all about how we bounce back from a loss, don't be so concerned yet... and please STOP MOANING.
Negativity.. on 10:32 - Oct 21 with 2764 viewsStokieBlue

The thing is some of the mistakes were obvious before the match even started. For instance, Edwards is a walking time-bomb at wingback as well as not being able to actually defend. Nisiala was woeful and probably should have been subbed after 20 minutes. Judge cannot and will not play upfront and given that we know Jackson can't play up top on his own that was never going to work.

You could even go further and make a case for 3-5-2 just not working very well for us. Sure we've won a couple playing that way but usually we revert to a diamond or 442 before we turn the other team over.

Just so many obvious things before the match even started so I think people have a right to have a bit of a whinge. No need to go over the top but people should vent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Negativity.. on 10:34 - Oct 21 with 2740 viewsartsbossbeard

Negativity.. on 10:32 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

The thing is some of the mistakes were obvious before the match even started. For instance, Edwards is a walking time-bomb at wingback as well as not being able to actually defend. Nisiala was woeful and probably should have been subbed after 20 minutes. Judge cannot and will not play upfront and given that we know Jackson can't play up top on his own that was never going to work.

You could even go further and make a case for 3-5-2 just not working very well for us. Sure we've won a couple playing that way but usually we revert to a diamond or 442 before we turn the other team over.

Just so many obvious things before the match even started so I think people have a right to have a bit of a whinge. No need to go over the top but people should vent.

SB

It was all wrong yesterday to include the subs but you're spot on, no need to go over the top with the condemnation as PL's got a lot of things right this season so far.

Bad day at the office, easily rectified over the next couple of games.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Negativity.. on 10:35 - Oct 21 with 2729 viewsGeoffSentence

SB

Having a good old moan is half the fun of being a football supporter

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Negativity.. on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 2719 viewsfooters

Negativity.. on 10:35 - Oct 21 by GeoffSentence

Having a good old moan is half the fun of being a football supporter

It's a miserable Monday morning. Everyone's back at work, weather's sh1te and we lost to fcking Accrington. Nothing quite like a good moan :) or :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Negativity.. on 10:38 - Oct 21 with 2716 viewsbefxblue

I wouldn't say bad management.

The way I look at it, Lambert probably had Rotherham at the back of his mind, who would arguably be a tougher game than Accrington.

He wouldn't risk his players coming back from injury in a game that some of the fringe players could/should see off, just happens they weren't up to it in the first half yesterday and the game was gone by then.
Negativity.. on 10:38 - Oct 21 with 2711 viewsagravenor

SB

I agree Stokie, decisions were terrible and I called the loss before the game when I saw the line up/system. Yes, people are allowed to vent of course but I've seen people completely question Lamberts integrity after one loss! Seems ludicrous

Managers get things wrong, players have poor days - fans don't need to be so fickle and get on their back so much after one loss. I can understand if we don't bounce back and lose 5 on the trot.

We need to keep the feel good factor
Negativity.. on 10:40 - Oct 21 with 2691 viewsagravenor

Negativity.. on 10:34 - Oct 21 by artsbossbeard

It was all wrong yesterday to include the subs but you're spot on, no need to go over the top with the condemnation as PL's got a lot of things right this season so far.

Bad day at the office, easily rectified over the next couple of games.

Agreed, I guess my post is aimed at those going OTT...don't worry, I did have a moan yesterday too!!
Negativity.. on 10:41 - Oct 21 with 2672 viewsGarv

SB

Didn't we beat Gillingham playing Judge and Jackson up front?

Not defending yesterday's performance obviously.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Negativity.. on 10:44 - Oct 21 with 2659 viewsStokieBlue

Negativity.. on 10:41 - Oct 21 by Garv

Didn't we beat Gillingham playing Judge and Jackson up front?

Not defending yesterday's performance obviously.

I'm not sure beating Gillingham 1-0 is a good case for having Judge upfront. The lost 3-0 to Oxford in the next match and in that match Judge floated around quite a bit if I recall.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Negativity.. on 10:50 - Oct 21 with 2608 viewsMrTown

It's a nice reminder if nothing that we have done absolutely nothing. There has been a sense of we'll this is a stroll.

We have been ok, but the season so far has probably been more of a well the other teams aren't that great rather than we are that good, and we are still a long way from a Championship side.

It could do us the world of good that defeat yesterday.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 14:42]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Negativity.. on 11:32 - Oct 21 with 2536 viewsagravenor

Negativity.. on 10:50 - Oct 21 by MrTown

It's a nice reminder if nothing that we have done absolutely nothing. There has been a sense of we'll this is a stroll.

We have been ok, but the season so far has probably been more of a well the other teams aren't that great rather than we are that good, and we are still a long way from a Championship side.

It could do us the world of good that defeat yesterday.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 14:42]

Agree with you here. It's never going to be a walk in the park, there will be stumbling blocks along the way like yesterday. It's how we react that counts
Negativity.. on 12:17 - Oct 21 with 2476 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...that sounded like a moan if I ever heard one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Negativity.. on 12:29 - Oct 21 with 2455 viewsIllinoisblue

Why do some people ALWAYS react like this? It’s just people letting off steam after a disappointing display.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Negativity.. on 13:24 - Oct 21 with 2395 viewsagravenor

Negativity.. on 12:17 - Oct 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

...that sounded like a moan if I ever heard one.

Negativity.. on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 2379 viewsagravenor

Negativity.. on 12:29 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

Why do some people ALWAYS react like this? It’s just people letting off steam after a disappointing display.

Because some people see the bigger picture. Nothing wrong with letting steam off or having a moan (as ive said above) but some people are going into complete meltdown over ONE LOSS! People saying we haven't been good enough all season etc etc.
Negativity.. on 14:51 - Oct 21 with 2336 viewsIllinoisblue

Negativity.. on 13:29 - Oct 21 by agravenor

Because some people see the bigger picture. Nothing wrong with letting steam off or having a moan (as ive said above) but some people are going into complete meltdown over ONE LOSS! People saying we haven't been good enough all season etc etc.

it is of course possible to see the bigger picture and also moan about a rather feeble performance

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Negativity.. on 15:13 - Oct 21 with 2314 viewsnoggin

I haven't seen all the games this season, but of those I have seen, only the EFL Cup game against Gillingham was convincing.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Negativity.. on 15:16 - Oct 21 with 2310 viewsMrTown

Negativity.. on 15:13 - Oct 21 by noggin

I haven't seen all the games this season, but of those I have seen, only the EFL Cup game against Gillingham was convincing.

We're not convincing at all. This season has been more of a reflection that the standard of the league is poor rather than we have been great.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Negativity.. on 15:47 - Oct 21 with 2244 viewsagravenor

Negativity.. on 15:16 - Oct 21 by MrTown

We're not convincing at all. This season has been more of a reflection that the standard of the league is poor rather than we have been great.

Top with a game in hand, won 8 out of 12, scored 21 and conceded 7... maybe the standard is poor, but they're not exactly unconvincing stats are they?
Negativity.. on 11:35 - Oct 22 with 2066 viewsGarv

Negativity.. on 15:16 - Oct 21 by MrTown

I've been convinced we can deal with the majority of the league's strikers/attackers. I haven't been convinced we can out play teams with good football consistently. Depends which way you look at it.

Negativity.. on 11:55 - Oct 22 with 2031 viewsGarv

Negativity.. on 10:44 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure beating Gillingham 1-0 is a good case for having Judge upfront. The lost 3-0 to Oxford in the next match and in that match Judge floated around quite a bit if I recall.

SB

Not necessarily no, but it sort of renders this line incorrect;

'Judge cannot and will not play upfront and given that we know Jackson can't play up top on his own that was never going to work.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024