Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it be harsh to say that... 12:48 - Oct 21 with 3982 viewsHullblue

Judge was just as bad as Toto yesterday?

That attempted flick over the defender in his own third, which hit the guy in the midriff, was so so poor. Not sure if it’s his confidence that’s shot or his legs - either way it’s difficult to trust him with the ball at the moment.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:53 - Oct 21 with 3285 viewsStokieBlue

Yes, it would be harsh and also unfair. Toto was abject - you'll go a long way to find a worse performance than that.

However what you can say is that Judge was poor again (I await the disagreement). He didn't offer any support to Jackson and that attempted lob thing in the middle of our half was ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 3247 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he's too confident somehow. He attempts passes and flicks like he's world-class but it seems to be his technique that lets him down as they rarely if ever come off.

But a goal will settle him down from always trying to do too much. Until then we just need his energy and drive to link up with and support players like Stephen Hunt did rather than try and become the Roberto Baggio of League One.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 13:00]

Pronouns: He/Him

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:01 - Oct 21 with 3235 viewsLankHenners

Yes he was just regular sh1t.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 13:01]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:03 - Oct 21 with 3221 viewsHullblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:53 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Yes, it would be harsh and also unfair. Toto was abject - you'll go a long way to find a worse performance than that.

However what you can say is that Judge was poor again (I await the disagreement). He didn't offer any support to Jackson and that attempted lob thing in the middle of our half was ridiculous.

SB

See, I would say they both completely failed to do their jobs, but Toto’s getting more stick because his mistakes carried a more obvious and immediate punishment.

Like you say, his support of Jackson was almost non-existent. His secondary job should have been to help us keep the ball and get up the pitch but he failed to do that too, hence the pressure that forced the (unforgivably poor) mistakes.

That’s not all his fault obviously - his position, our personnel, our shape and some very good defending from AS didn’t help, but given his reputation, you’d expect him to be our talisman on a tough away day like yesterday. He looks like he’s panicking every time he gets the ball - much like Toto actually.

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:05 - Oct 21 with 3206 viewsStokieBlue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:03 - Oct 21 by Hullblue

See, I would say they both completely failed to do their jobs, but Toto’s getting more stick because his mistakes carried a more obvious and immediate punishment.

Like you say, his support of Jackson was almost non-existent. His secondary job should have been to help us keep the ball and get up the pitch but he failed to do that too, hence the pressure that forced the (unforgivably poor) mistakes.

That’s not all his fault obviously - his position, our personnel, our shape and some very good defending from AS didn’t help, but given his reputation, you’d expect him to be our talisman on a tough away day like yesterday. He looks like he’s panicking every time he gets the ball - much like Toto actually.

Toto was worse. Should have been sent off really - foolishly got a yellow card after a few minutes and then the penalty "challenge" could easily have been a second yellow. There were a few possible challenges before that as well.

It was appalling.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:09 - Oct 21 with 3191 viewsHullblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:59 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

I think he's too confident somehow. He attempts passes and flicks like he's world-class but it seems to be his technique that lets him down as they rarely if ever come off.

But a goal will settle him down from always trying to do too much. Until then we just need his energy and drive to link up with and support players like Stephen Hunt did rather than try and become the Roberto Baggio of League One.

That’s an interesting point - it’s almost as if he’s desperate to justify his own name in a league he’s supposed to be too good for. Agree that he would be better off sticking to the basics for now - he would look much better if he did.

He reminds me a bit of Alexi Sanchez last season - lots of energy but trying to do everything too quickly. For a technical player his first touch is poor at the moment.

Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:52 - Oct 21 with 3040 viewsIllinoisblue

wake me up when he's taken a corner that beats the first man

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:09 - Oct 21 with 3003 viewsPJH

Would it be harsh to say that... on 13:05 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Toto was worse. Should have been sent off really - foolishly got a yellow card after a few minutes and then the penalty "challenge" could easily have been a second yellow. There were a few possible challenges before that as well.

It was appalling.

SB

Toto should have been booked in the first two minutes for pulling their blokes shirt so the booking he did get should have been his second one.

He could have been booked for the penalty bringing challenge and there is no way that he would have got through the second half without a second booking.

Incidentally, having now flicked through the game on TV I still think what I thought at the game yesterday, that Dobra could and maybe should have got a red for the challenge that he got yellow for.
Login to get fewer ads

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:26 - Oct 21 with 2967 viewsBackToRussia

Judge is b0llocks. Has he actually had a good game for us?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:36 - Oct 21 with 2927 viewsHerbivore

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:26 - Oct 21 by BackToRussia

Judge is b0llocks. Has he actually had a good game for us?

He's had good moments, mostly last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:39 - Oct 21 with 2913 viewsKeaneish

Would it be harsh to say that... on 14:52 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

wake me up when he's taken a corner that beats the first man

Although that's not true.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:41 - Oct 21 with 2899 viewsKeaneish

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:09 - Oct 21 by PJH

Toto should have been booked in the first two minutes for pulling their blokes shirt so the booking he did get should have been his second one.

He could have been booked for the penalty bringing challenge and there is no way that he would have got through the second half without a second booking.

Incidentally, having now flicked through the game on TV I still think what I thought at the game yesterday, that Dobra could and maybe should have got a red for the challenge that he got yellow for.

He puts in bad ones like that every game. Did a similar thing at Luton. Love the commitment but it needs to be tempered a little.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 15:58]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 2860 viewsHullblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:41 - Oct 21 by Keaneish

He puts in bad ones like that every game. Did a similar thing at Luton. Love the commitment but it needs to be tempered a little.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 15:58]

Ignore this - misread the post above!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 15:54]

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:58 - Oct 21 with 2845 viewsBlueBadger

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:36 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

He's had good moments, mostly last season.

Judge is looking increasingly like Lambert's Jonathan Douglas - a player with a good past which is seemingly now all behind him who now serves only to slow up play and add little to the team but gets played anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:31 - Oct 21 with 2804 viewsHerbivore

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:58 - Oct 21 by BlueBadger

Judge is looking increasingly like Lambert's Jonathan Douglas - a player with a good past which is seemingly now all behind him who now serves only to slow up play and add little to the team but gets played anyway.

I'll say this for Brentford, they know when to offload the deadwood.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:34 - Oct 21 with 2795 viewsIllinoisblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 15:39 - Oct 21 by Keaneish

Although that's not true.

video evidence?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:37 - Oct 21 with 2777 viewsitfcjoe

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:34 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

video evidence?

Norwood's goal v AFC

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 2766 viewsArnieM

Judge I feel, believes himself to be far better, than he actually is and He seems to interested in one thing. Judge.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:44 - Oct 21 with 2746 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Should cut him some slack, he’s still recovering from injury...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:03 - Oct 21 with 2686 viewsGlasgowBlue

Judge is reminding me of Lee Bowyer when he was here. His mind knows what he wants to do but his body is no longer equal to the task.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:16 - Oct 21 with 2646 viewsHullblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:03 - Oct 21 by GlasgowBlue

Judge is reminding me of Lee Bowyer when he was here. His mind knows what he wants to do but his body is no longer equal to the task.

In fairness I’m not sure Messi himself could have pulled off that flick yesterday. It was just a poor decision, which suggests to me that his head’s not right.

His legs might be shot too, mind.

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 2621 viewsPilgrimblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:16 - Oct 21 by Hullblue

In fairness I’m not sure Messi himself could have pulled off that flick yesterday. It was just a poor decision, which suggests to me that his head’s not right.

His legs might be shot too, mind.

Hopefully he'll be at QPR in January and we can invest in a better option!
Would it be harsh to say that... on 06:33 - Oct 22 with 2441 viewsBlueBadger

Would it be harsh to say that... on 16:31 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

I'll say this for Brentford, they know when to offload the deadwood.

They should be sending us nearly as many thank you cards as Accrington should.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would it be harsh to say that... on 08:25 - Oct 22 with 2351 viewsbraveblue

Would it be harsh to say that... on 12:59 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

He was really poor. Energy and drive no good if you give the ball away. Two up front and Huws on the team sheet most important thing now n
Would it be harsh to say that... on 09:08 - Oct 22 with 2267 viewsBluebell

Would it be harsh to say that... on 17:33 - Oct 21 by Pilgrimblue

Hopefully he'll be at QPR in January and we can invest in a better option!

I have a feeling that if Mark Warburton has seen Judge's performances this season, he will be pleased that he didn't get him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024