Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bus Wxnkers 07:12 - Oct 22 with 4044 viewssaffers12

Just a point I would like to raise from the Accrington match.

Whilst watching the team get off the bus. There were 4 guys , aged around 28ish going on 14, who were in Town shirts etc, who were constantly taking the Michael out of other Town fans. Their approach was to stand there and use The Inbetweeners "friends" tone and make comment on the other fans because they were watching the lads get off the bus. Here is my points to those rude and ignorant fans:

1) For some people in this world at the moment it is not great, seeing the players in a real boost for them (also younger kids were watching, which should always be encouraged). These people for all they or I know maybe ill, suffering from grief or simply could be the first time they have seen players so close up. It is important to them and could give the fans a mental boost for reasons we do not know. This is coming from someone who has suffered from depression in the past and my now wife took me to watch Town at Bolton when Chopra scored last minute and it really gave me that boost.
2) They are Town fans who are likely to have spent hours and money getting there, which should always be respected. Why be like this with other Town fans?
3) The Inbetweeners joke is 10 years old, I do hope for their families, friends and partners they do not do this stale joke all the time.
4) If they were that offended then why bother still standing there watching the players get off?

I just thought it was so poor.

Bus Wxnkers on 07:21 - Oct 22 with 3973 viewsBluefish

Bumder

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bus Wxnkers on 07:23 - Oct 22 with 3965 viewsFtnfwest

Yes I think in those circumstances we need another 4 lads to take the Michael out of the 4 lads taking the Michael of the fans watching the players get off the bus
Bus Wxnkers on 07:25 - Oct 22 with 3956 viewssaffers12

Bus Wxnkers on 07:23 - Oct 22 by Ftnfwest

Yes I think in those circumstances we need another 4 lads to take the Michael out of the 4 lads taking the Michael of the fans watching the players get off the bus

That could end up with many sets of 4 lads....
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 7:25]
Bus Wxnkers on 07:27 - Oct 22 with 3947 viewsFtnfwest

Bus Wxnkers on 07:25 - Oct 22 by saffers12

That could end up with many sets of 4 lads....
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 7:25]

It certainly takes all sorts. You wonder why in particular they went all the way there just to do that.
Bus Wxnkers on 07:28 - Oct 22 with 3939 viewssaffers12

Bus Wxnkers on 07:27 - Oct 22 by Ftnfwest

It certainly takes all sorts. You wonder why in particular they went all the way there just to do that.

Does make me think as 1 of them was then interviewed on the terrace by the guys with the roving microphone...
Bus Wxnkers on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 3596 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Can confirm this was the Fanzone Virgins.

Finally people are seeing them as the embarrassing losers that they

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bus Wxnkers on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 3587 viewsSitfcB

Bus Wxnkers on 07:28 - Oct 22 by saffers12

Does make me think as 1 of them was then interviewed on the terrace by the guys with the roving microphone...

Watch the video and tell us which one...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bus Wxnkers on 09:17 - Oct 22 with 3568 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Bus Wxnkers on 09:15 - Oct 22 by SitfcB

Watch the video and tell us which one...

It was that group mate. The ones that are constantly moaned about on here.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bus Wxnkers on 12:17 - Oct 22 with 3310 viewsTractorCam

There's always something to moan about. I don't understand what's wrong with this.

It's not something I go out my way for, but last season at Accrington I was heading towards the bar/away end, can't remember which one, when the team coach happened to be pulling in. I decided to stick by and try and motivate the lads as they got off the bus given the awful season we was having, and got to welcome Will Keane to the club. What's the issue with that? Especially kids, I use to love seeing my heroes that close up and getting high fives and autographs when I was young.

People could have taken the mick out of them for wearing Town shirts, again I don't have a problem with that and own the home shirt, but there are people who find adults wearing them childish.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bus Wxnkers on 12:43 - Oct 22 with 3233 viewsReuser_is_God

Bus Wxnkers on 09:15 - Oct 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

Can confirm this was the Fanzone Virgins.

Finally people are seeing them as the embarrassing losers that they

I'm glad this is catching on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bus Wxnkers on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 3196 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Inbetweeners is quite funny, but you've got to be a bit of a d1ck to take the piss out of our own fans supporting the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bus Wxnkers on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 3183 views26_Paz

Bus Wxnkers on 12:43 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

I'm glad this is catching on.

Whereabouts in the ground do these individuals sit? Just trying to work out if I know who they are!

The Paz Man

Bus Wxnkers on 12:57 - Oct 22 with 3166 viewsJimmyJazz

In general I support your post, but not point 3. Good comedy is good comedy no matter how old it is - the fact that most people know the origin of the phrase indicates it's status in pop culture

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bus Wxnkers on 13:00 - Oct 22 with 3161 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not particularly anti wearing replica shirts, although plenty of my age are - but if you are wearing them and a 'shirter' to then take the p*ss out of fans waiting for the players is kind of ironic.

Sounds from later in the thread they are the fanzone hangers on, these blokes are the worst - the guy that runs the channel seems decent enough and doing well but he needs to lose this lot before his channel goes to the dogs.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just go to the twitter account.... on 13:05 - Oct 22 with 3135 viewsBloots

Bus Wxnkers on 12:53 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

Whereabouts in the ground do these individuals sit? Just trying to work out if I know who they are!

.....they love a bit of publicity.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bus Wxnkers on 13:53 - Oct 22 with 2994 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just type in 'Ipswich Fanzone' to YouTube and you will find these absolute weapons.

Bus Wxnkers on 14:32 - Oct 22 with 2898 viewsSitfcB

S6

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bus Wxnkers on 14:56 - Oct 22 with 2846 viewssaffers12

Bus Wxnkers on 14:32 - Oct 22 by SitfcB

S6

Yep that is 3 of them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024