Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth checking if your phone contract is up 11:32 - Oct 22 with 1493 viewsBrixtonBlue

and you're now paying more than you need to. I realised mine was, after a mate suggested I check. Just rang my provider saying I want a better deal or I'm off, they asked what I'd seen, and then based on that made me an offer.

I was on 1GB a month, unlimited texts (not sure about calls) for £29.90 a month. Now they've doubled my data to 2GB a month, unlimited texts and calls, for £8 a month!

What a difference for just one quick phone call.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:34 - Oct 22 with 1485 viewsReuser_is_God

This has been a thing since about 2009 buh.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:51 - Oct 22 with 1439 viewsMickMacTerry

I get 10GB, unlimited mins and unlimited texts for £5 per month.

Poll: Keep Mick or a loss at Norwich?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:54 - Oct 22 with 1426 viewslongtimefan

One of my sons has a Tesco Mobile contract and they were very upfront about how much of the monthly fee was effectively purchase of the phone and how much was calls etc. They also automatically reduced the contract price once the purchase part of the fee was complete after 18 months.
Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:56 - Oct 22 with 1416 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:54 - Oct 22 by longtimefan

One of my sons has a Tesco Mobile contract and they were very upfront about how much of the monthly fee was effectively purchase of the phone and how much was calls etc. They also automatically reduced the contract price once the purchase part of the fee was complete after 18 months.

This is how it should be.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:57 - Oct 22 with 1413 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:51 - Oct 22 by MickMacTerry

I get 10GB, unlimited mins and unlimited texts for £5 per month.

Amazing. Although I have no need for that much data.

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:58 - Oct 22 with 1410 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:34 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

I'm sure it has, but I'm also sure there are people who just pay their monthly amount by direct debit and don't even realise they've gone over, so I thought it was worth highlighting.

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 12:03 - Oct 22 with 1386 viewsVaughan8

I'm concerned if people don't do this already...…….

If you aren't paying for a phone as part of the payment and aren't using ridiculous amounts of data, you should get a monthly charge of under £15.

Also don't accept the prices on the website. They have their "standard" prices but if you ring them they can add/reduce things and adjust the price. Also if you are a loyal customer they do give you discounts.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 12:06]
Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 12:46 - Oct 22 with 1325 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 12:03 - Oct 22 by Vaughan8

I'm concerned if people don't do this already...…….

If you aren't paying for a phone as part of the payment and aren't using ridiculous amounts of data, you should get a monthly charge of under £15.

Also don't accept the prices on the website. They have their "standard" prices but if you ring them they can add/reduce things and adjust the price. Also if you are a loyal customer they do give you discounts.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 12:06]

Absolutely. But to your first sentence... when it's something that's just deducted automatically each month, it's easy to forget about and miss when you've gone past the end point (particularly if you're on a contract you started two years ago).

Login to get fewer ads

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 12:47 - Oct 22 with 1321 viewsSwansea_Blue

Work seem to have forgotten that they pay mine, so I'm not risking checking anything

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 13:01 - Oct 22 with 1282 viewsVaughan8

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 12:46 - Oct 22 by BrixtonBlue

Absolutely. But to your first sentence... when it's something that's just deducted automatically each month, it's easy to forget about and miss when you've gone past the end point (particularly if you're on a contract you started two years ago).

I agree. People do forget. I would just hope you would have a rough idea when things have run out etc. I'm guessing the phone companies don't remind anyone...…

Just the same about checking energy bills, insurances, mortgages when they run out etc, though most of those would remind you!
Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 1270 viewsfooters

Giffgaff has been excellent for me. Shame no one ever calls though :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 15:27 - Oct 22 with 1148 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 11:34 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Apparently you can even do the same with your Sky package too, who knew!!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 15:35 - Oct 22 with 1125 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 15:27 - Oct 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Apparently you can even do the same with your Sky package too, who knew!!

You love to have a little dig whenever you see my name don't you? Even when I'm trying to help people out. Must be a very dull life you lead.

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 1103 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 15:35 - Oct 22 by BrixtonBlue

You love to have a little dig whenever you see my name don't you? Even when I'm trying to help people out. Must be a very dull life you lead.

I’ve spent most of my day in a 5 hour risk workshop, so a rather astute observation at the end there as far as today goes!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Worth checking if your phone contract is up on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 1080 viewsBluefish

I get 20gb of enhanced speed 4g and unlimited calls and texts for £10 and for my kids we have 10gb for £8

All with BT

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024