Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit deal sounds worse every day 11:36 - Oct 22 with 1714 viewsgiant_stow

So much for 'get brexit done' and how do the board's brexiters feel about potentially paying even more to the EU than our current £10b (or whatever)?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 11:54 - Oct 22 with 1650 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a colossal waste of time, money and brain space - all for political or narrow financial interests.

And also ironic that the ardent Brexiteers who most want to Take Back Control are succeeding in making the UK much more chaotic and committing to years of trade negotiations against bigger and frankly better negotiators. Added to which, for all their British triumphalism and jingoism, they're doing more to break up the UK than anyone ever has before.

It would be laughable if we weren't in the middle of it and it didn't mean a lot of nasty consequences for the most vulnerable in society.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:05 - Oct 22 with 1623 viewsgiant_stow

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 11:54 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

It's a colossal waste of time, money and brain space - all for political or narrow financial interests.

And also ironic that the ardent Brexiteers who most want to Take Back Control are succeeding in making the UK much more chaotic and committing to years of trade negotiations against bigger and frankly better negotiators. Added to which, for all their British triumphalism and jingoism, they're doing more to break up the UK than anyone ever has before.

It would be laughable if we weren't in the middle of it and it didn't mean a lot of nasty consequences for the most vulnerable in society.

agreed.

I don't know why Joe public would support this deal - can't fathom it, so would love to hear why.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 1609 viewsDarth_Koont

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:05 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

agreed.

I don't know why Joe public would support this deal - can't fathom it, so would love to hear why.

I think there are still a few too many who don't realise that this is still just the beginning of Brexit.

Something that Boris's deal under the banner of "Get Brexit Done" is designed to disguise.

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:20 - Oct 22 with 1578 viewsWeWereZombies

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:09 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

I think there are still a few too many who don't realise that this is still just the beginning of Brexit.

Something that Boris's deal under the banner of "Get Brexit Done" is designed to disguise.

But he will be able to whip away the 'Get Brexit Done' banner to reveal the one underneath that says 'Brexit was all the EU's idea, its their fault we are still off the coast of Europe and not in the South Pacific'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:25 - Oct 22 with 1550 viewsFixed_It

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:05 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

agreed.

Because it is what they voted for. It is their right. Those nasty politicians aren't listening to them.

Or something like that. Most are blinded by their disgust that it hasn't happened yet, and are oblivious to the fact that politicians are trying to ensure that whatever deal on the table is actually not going to be disastrous for the country.

'But we won and you lost' etc etc.......

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:42 - Oct 22 with 1506 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sounds like that clause will be ripe for an amendment. Maybe it's even been deliberately written to scream out for an amendment to maybe hide worse stuff. If they do that sort of thing (I suspect they do, as it's a pretty well known tactic generally)?

Yeah, it's bleedingly obvious it's a daft idea. But the propaganda sucks people in. Even sensible people.

Edit - have you seen the 'Parliament is Sovereign' section? Hilariously shallow fluff, presumably to appeal to the headbangers.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 12:49]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 1483 viewsitfcjoe

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:09 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:58 - Oct 22 with 1464 viewsDanTheMan

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:53 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Think I said this yesterday, if people are bored of Brexit now, wait for the years of trade deal negotiations! This is supposed to be the easy bit.

Didn't have to hear about it before because the EU basically handled it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:00 - Oct 22 with 1452 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm gobsmacked that people don't realise the 'deal' with the EU is only laying out the framework under which subsequent negotiations will take place. Almost to the point of not believing this. How can anyone have lived through the last 3 years and not understand what May's and Boris' deals have been about, even if they don't understand what's in them? Just how?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 1439 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 12:58 - Oct 22 by DanTheMan

Think I said this yesterday, if people are bored of Brexit now, wait for the years of trade deal negotiations! This is supposed to be the easy bit.

Didn't have to hear about it before because the EU basically handled it.

Indeed, and we're supposed to have trade gdeals ready to go the day after we leave (I can't remember with of the numpties said this; probably Davies or Gove).

The most stupid example of political self-harm I'm aware of. Enf of. Balls.

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 1402 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. Seem to remember a similar focus group or survey saying the same last year.

But if people still insist on taking Boris and Dominic's campaign message like Get Brexit Done or "this is a great deal" as read, even after getting burned by Take Back Control and the bus lies, then not sure what hope there is in the truth getting through.

Here's where having a frankly appalling media that can't or won't speak truth to power creates a world where voters are just manipulated and misrepresented in a wholly undemocratic way.

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:21 - Oct 22 with 1349 viewsSomethingBlue

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:10 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Seem to remember a similar focus group or survey saying the same last year.

But if people still insist on taking Boris and Dominic's campaign message like Get Brexit Done or "this is a great deal" as read, even after getting burned by Take Back Control and the bus lies, then not sure what hope there is in the truth getting through.

Here's where having a frankly appalling media that can't or won't speak truth to power creates a world where voters are just manipulated and misrepresented in a wholly undemocratic way.

On exactly the latter note, this is well worth a read. When Oborne is saying all this stuff ...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:48 - Oct 22 with 1290 viewsDarth_Koont

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 13:21 - Oct 22 by SomethingBlue

On exactly the latter note, this is well worth a read. When Oborne is saying all this stuff ...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become

Thanks for that. Oborne is excellent and pretty forensic even when you don't always agree with the conclusions he draws.

Of course, this client journalism isn't anything new (it's been everywhere in British politics for a number of years) but I suppose it's new and deeply concerning for it to be the key strategy of Number 10. And it's new for supposedly independent journalists to embrace it so willingly when we're talking about the actual Prime Minister and government of this country.

It's mutually beneficial for a media and political world working in undemocratic cahoots. The politicians can spin their narrative and get it uncritically amplified by the press. And it gives the press access to content and clicks as well as a illusion of investigative journalism when the lines are being fed to them instead and, anyway, they really don't have the time, skills or the desire to dig deeper.

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 14:22 - Oct 22 with 1233 viewsDanTheMan

Thanks for sharing that, very interesting. Peston's follow up too.

Certainly seems like there needs to be more transparency from these Government sources.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 16:07 - Oct 22 with 1124 viewsitfcjoe

It's all very obvious isn't it, but they will get away with it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Brexit deal sounds worse every day on 16:14 - Oct 22 with 1103 viewsZedRodgers

Sorry for starting another thread unnecessarily.

Didn't realise you'd already posted it.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024