Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Rotherham then? 12:00 - Oct 22 with 2208 viewsTractorBoyOlly

I'll go for something like this

--------------------------Holy---------------------------
------------Wilson---Chambers----Woolfenden--
Vincent Young----Skuse----Huws-------Garbutt
--------------------------Nolan--------------------------
-----------------Norwood---Jackson-----------------

Don't think Downes will be quite fit enough and this Lambert will risk Norwood and VY as we desperately missed them v Accrington

Poll: Final points total?

If Norwood and KVY weren't fit enough..... on 12:12 - Oct 22 with 2161 viewsBloots

....for the bench on Sunday, then I don't see how they can start on Wednesday.

Particularly as Huws and Keane were apparently fit enough for the bench, but not fit enough to come on at any stage.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Team for Rotherham then? on 12:29 - Oct 22 with 2116 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Hasn’t Wilson played on the left?
Team for Rotherham then? on 13:59 - Oct 22 with 1974 viewsLusor

Although primarily right footed, Wilson has (nearly?) always played on the left for us. More reason to sign him up if the other CB's prefer the right hand side.
Team for Rotherham then? on 20:42 - Oct 22 with 1794 viewspointofblue

I agree except I expect Edwards to play instead of Vincent-Young and Keane for Norwood; I'm not sure if either will be fit yet.

Subs: Norris, Donacien, Rowe, Georgiou, Dozzell, Judge, Roberts

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Rotherham then? on 20:48 - Oct 22 with 1782 viewsHerbivore

I don't like three at the back with three pretty basic CBs in terms of ability on the ball. Three at the back hasn't really been working for us so I'm not sure why we'd want to stick with it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team for Rotherham then? on 20:54 - Oct 22 with 1773 viewspointofblue

Team for Rotherham then? on 20:48 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

I don't like three at the back with three pretty basic CBs in terms of ability on the ball. Three at the back hasn't really been working for us so I'm not sure why we'd want to stick with it.

What would you replace it with? 4-4-2 was pragmatic but didn't particularly result in much exciting play except for the Sunderland match which was effected by strong winds. None of our strikers can play up front on their own meaning trying either Nolan or Judge out just behind a lone striker will work.

I guess we could try out a diamond (for tomorrow: Holy - Donacien, Garbutt, Chambers, Woolfenden - Skuse, Huws, Dozzell/Judge, Nolan - Norwood, Keane) but I do fear our lack of width will be an issue, especially without KVY, and Garbutt could easily be exposed as well.

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:01 - Oct 22 with 1755 viewsHerbivore

Team for Rotherham then? on 20:54 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

What would you replace it with? 4-4-2 was pragmatic but didn't particularly result in much exciting play except for the Sunderland match which was effected by strong winds. None of our strikers can play up front on their own meaning trying either Nolan or Judge out just behind a lone striker will work.

I guess we could try out a diamond (for tomorrow: Holy - Donacien, Garbutt, Chambers, Woolfenden - Skuse, Huws, Dozzell/Judge, Nolan - Norwood, Keane) but I do fear our lack of width will be an issue, especially without KVY, and Garbutt could easily be exposed as well.

Three at the back hasn't resulted in much exciting play either and we've had to ditch it at half time (or earlier) more than once now. Tomorrow the actual line up depends on who is fit but I'd rather we go 4-4-2 either with a diamond or flat rather than persisting with three at the back.

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:05 - Oct 22 with 1749 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think 4 at the back will work better but at least KVY is a better option than Edwards as a wing back.

I reckon he will rest Woolfenden and I don't expect Norwood to be ready for anything more than the bench. Kenlock or Georgiou and Keane in for Woolf and Norwood from your team.

If we do go 5 at the back (or 3 if you prefer to look at it that way), I do hope he won't play only 1 up front. If he does go 1 up front I do hope it is Keane, Roberts or Norwood rather than Jackson.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:08 - Oct 22 with 1743 viewspointofblue

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:01 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Three at the back hasn't resulted in much exciting play either and we've had to ditch it at half time (or earlier) more than once now. Tomorrow the actual line up depends on who is fit but I'd rather we go 4-4-2 either with a diamond or flat rather than persisting with three at the back.

I guess it'd depend on KVY's availability - if he's fit I'd lean towards a diamond in the middle but, if he's still out, I'd prefer us to play with out and out wingers.

Part of me would be tempted to try Kenlock and Garbutt on the left as they complimented each other well when they played together early in the season but I think most fans would prefer to see Garbutt and Georgiou paired together.

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:10 - Oct 22 with 1736 viewsHerbivore

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:08 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

I guess it'd depend on KVY's availability - if he's fit I'd lean towards a diamond in the middle but, if he's still out, I'd prefer us to play with out and out wingers.

Part of me would be tempted to try Kenlock and Garbutt on the left as they complimented each other well when they played together early in the season but I think most fans would prefer to see Garbutt and Georgiou paired together.

If KVY is fit I think the diamond can work as he and Garbutt can get up and down. Agree that more of a traditional 4-4-2 might work better if KVY is out. Kenlock has really dropped out of the picture lately, I'd be surprised to see him back in.

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:32 - Oct 22 with 1700 viewspointofblue

Team for Rotherham then? on 21:10 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

If KVY is fit I think the diamond can work as he and Garbutt can get up and down. Agree that more of a traditional 4-4-2 might work better if KVY is out. Kenlock has really dropped out of the picture lately, I'd be surprised to see him back in.

Me too - I guess in that scenario Donacien and Edwards would be paired on the right with Garbutt and Georgiou on the left. Skuse and Huws in the middle?

ETA I can't see Lambert ditching three at the back yet, though, despite KVY being such an important outlet for the formation.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 21:32]

Team for Rotherham then? on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 1619 viewsstrikalite

Team for Rotherham then? on 20:48 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Agree and if opposing team play two upfront the three don't seem to have a clue who to pick up at times, keep it solid in the middle and keep it simple with a four..
Team for Rotherham then? on 08:29 - Oct 23 with 1405 viewsBigManBlue

I'd pick

Holy

KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Garbutt

Skuse
Huws
Nolan
Rowe

Norwood
Jackson

But given I'm not a football manager we'll probably stick with 3-5-2 and a big change of personnel.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Team for Rotherham then? on 09:21 - Oct 23 with 1319 viewsIpswichKnight

if 3-5-2

Holy
Woolfy-Chambers-Wilson
KVY-Skuse-Huws-Garbutt
Nolan
Jackson-Norwood

If 4-4-2
Holy
KVY-Chambers-Wilson-Garbutt
Rowe - Skuse-Nolan-Georgiu