Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? 12:05 - Oct 22 with 5965 viewsGarv

For the purpose of getting games into him and trying to find a bit of form, there's an argument for this isn't there?

If Lambert is still into his rotation game you could even rest Nolan and get Dozzell playing further up the pitch, but I doubt that'll happen.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:06 - Oct 22 with 3987 viewsTractorCam

No.

Huws.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:07 - Oct 22 with 3991 viewsTractorBoyOlly

No. He's had numerous chances and given absolutely nothing to the team. I'd go with Huws. I think we should sell Dozzell in January *Unpopular opnion alert*

Poll: Final points total?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:08 - Oct 22 with 3976 viewsTractorCam

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:07 - Oct 22 by TractorBoyOlly

No. He's had numerous chances and given absolutely nothing to the team. I'd go with Huws. I think we should sell Dozzell in January *Unpopular opnion alert*

Really isn't unpopular.

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 3957 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:08 - Oct 22 by TractorCam

Really isn't unpopular.

Just thought there would be people screaming up and down on here by me saying that, there usually is.

Poll: Final points total?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 3950 viewsMrTown

Holy
Woolf - Chambo - Wilson
KVY - Skuse - Huws - Garbutt
Nolan
Keane - Jackson

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 3949 viewsElderGrizzly

No, I don’t think we’ll see him start a league game again this season for us. Loan in January to L2
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 3946 viewsTractorCam

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:09 - Oct 22 by TractorBoyOlly

Just thought there would be people screaming up and down on here by me saying that, there usually is.

Personally reckon he will be sold, and I won't be too fussed if he is. There's clearly a talented player in there who probably will be better off leaving. Given his England connections a championship club would be most likely.

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:29 - Oct 22 with 3875 viewsIllinoisblue

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:07 - Oct 22 by TractorBoyOlly

Numerous chances? LOL

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 3848 viewsJ2BLUE

He has no divine right to start. Not being funny but if his name was Andy Durrell and he wasn't the son of a former player no one would be mentioning him. We'd be talking about where in league two he was going on loan.

Clearly a player with huge potential but his path to the first team shouldn't be handed to him. Our season is about promotion, not his development.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 3781 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:35 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

He has no divine right to start. Not being funny but if his name was Andy Durrell and he wasn't the son of a former player no one would be mentioning him. We'd be talking about where in league two he was going on loan.

Clearly a player with huge potential but his path to the first team shouldn't be handed to him. Our season is about promotion, not his development.

I think this name thing has got a bit silly, it's clearly the flashes he shows combined with his international pedigree which is why those who rate him highly do so.

Although it appears more fans have turned on him now that rate him as everything has to be polarised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:11 - Oct 22 with 3712 viewsYallop

No.

Football is simple. Be the best player on the park for the under 23s. Earn your place.
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:24 - Oct 22 with 3667 viewsJ2BLUE

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:03 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

I think this name thing has got a bit silly, it's clearly the flashes he shows combined with his international pedigree which is why those who rate him highly do so.

Although it appears more fans have turned on him now that rate him as everything has to be polarised

I don't think it's silly at all. He's not currently good/consistent enough to start here and people are only suggesting it because of his name. What other logic is there to start him when we have better options? Our job is try and get promotion not develop him for his next club.

I disagree that anyone has turned on him. We're just calling it honestly. I hope he does take a first team spot and stay here for years to come but I can't see it now.

Truly impaired.

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:27 - Oct 22 with 3658 viewsKeaneish

Not for me. One of the best passers of the ball at the club and a joy to watch at times but lacking in so many other areas.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:28 - Oct 22 with 3655 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:24 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I don't think it's silly at all. He's not currently good/consistent enough to start here and people are only suggesting it because of his name. What other logic is there to start him when we have better options? Our job is try and get promotion not develop him for his next club.

I disagree that anyone has turned on him. We're just calling it honestly. I hope he does take a first team spot and stay here for years to come but I can't see it now.

Of course it’s silly, Paul Lambert seemed him good and consistent enough to start only 2 days ago - do you think that is related to his name?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 3633 viewsJ2BLUE

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:28 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Of course it’s silly, Paul Lambert seemed him good and consistent enough to start only 2 days ago - do you think that is related to his name?

You know i'm not talking about one single game. How many do you think he'll start in the next 10?

Truly impaired.

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:34 - Oct 22 with 3627 viewsGooders7592

I do think Dozzell is a good player and has shown glimpses of what he could become. However how long can we persevere with him for?

Too many games seem to pass him by with the odd good pass during them. I'd love to see him take a game by the scruff of the neck and dictate/run it but I don't think we will anytime soon.

A loan in January to a top league 2 side where he gets a full game every week and see what happens.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 13:34]
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:34 - Oct 22 with 3616 viewsHerbivore

There's surely a pretty reasonable middle ground here. He's clearly a talent and he's undoubtedly been disrupted by being out of action for a year at a time where he was looking capable of really pushing for a regular place in the first team.

At the same time, he's not pushed on at all since his injury and if anything he's gone backwards. It's a bit of a catch 22 for him as he needs more football to help him develop but he's got to justify being given more game time. He's not been doing that. Other youngsters have forced their way in through their performances, but Dozzell hasn't really had a good performance for us in some time now. He's got to do more when he is given a chance.

Personally I'd look to send him out on loan in January, in an ideal world maybe to a German or Dutch side rather than someone in League 1 or League 2. I think a spell abroad would do him good because (a) there's not going it be much pressure on him, (b) it would be a more technical league which would suit him, and (c) experiencing a different environment and being away from home might do him some good.

There's a player in there and if we let him go now we wouldn't get much of a fee for him. He's still very young and worth sticking with for now but we've got to work out how to develop him because what we're doing at the minute isn't working for him or us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:35 - Oct 22 with 3616 viewsSomethingBlue

No, I'd play Huws.

However: even if Andre has struggled a little at times, I find some of the reaction disproportionate. Even on Sunday he played a couple of sharp, pace-changing passes round the corner similar to those that had a hand in our winner at Gillingham. The players around him were, on those particular occasions, just not sharp enough to make something of them. I have no idea what his long-term future will be but it would be both silly and harsh to write him off.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 13:44]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:36 - Oct 22 with 3607 viewsJ2BLUE

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:34 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

There's surely a pretty reasonable middle ground here. He's clearly a talent and he's undoubtedly been disrupted by being out of action for a year at a time where he was looking capable of really pushing for a regular place in the first team.

At the same time, he's not pushed on at all since his injury and if anything he's gone backwards. It's a bit of a catch 22 for him as he needs more football to help him develop but he's got to justify being given more game time. He's not been doing that. Other youngsters have forced their way in through their performances, but Dozzell hasn't really had a good performance for us in some time now. He's got to do more when he is given a chance.

Personally I'd look to send him out on loan in January, in an ideal world maybe to a German or Dutch side rather than someone in League 1 or League 2. I think a spell abroad would do him good because (a) there's not going it be much pressure on him, (b) it would be a more technical league which would suit him, and (c) experiencing a different environment and being away from home might do him some good.

There's a player in there and if we let him go now we wouldn't get much of a fee for him. He's still very young and worth sticking with for now but we've got to work out how to develop him because what we're doing at the minute isn't working for him or us.

Agree, i'm certainly not writing him off.

Truly impaired.

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:36 - Oct 22 with 3615 viewsPJH

I don't think the name has got anything to do with it, it might have helped him three years ago or so but not now.

We will never know how good he might have been had he not got that injury two and a bit years ago but the way he started that game against Birmingham he looked like he might become something special.

He has not yet got back to what he looked like being two years ago and not sure that he ever will but as you say, they must rate him in the England set up.

Regarding the OP I would start Huws tomorrow but I would have started Huws on Sunday.
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:37 - Oct 22 with 3607 viewsSamWhiteUK

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:28 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

He also offered very little and got hoicked off at half time. That wasn't to do with his name either, that was because of a lack of fight defensively, and no threat going forward.
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:49 - Oct 22 with 3545 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Midfield of
Skuse, Huws and Judge, in his correct position, behind Keane and Jackson (if Norwood isn't fit)

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 14:27 - Oct 22 with 3455 viewspablovian

In my humble opinion, Dozzell for Downes is like playing with ten men.

Also:

(Judge AND Nolan) should be (Judge OR Nolan) or (Nolan)
Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 14:42 - Oct 22 with 3411 viewsBlueBadger

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 12:35 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

At the moment, he looks like being talked about in the same breath as DEan Bowditch, rather than his dad, sadly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 14:44 - Oct 22 with 3398 viewsBlueBadger

Dozzell to start tomorrow if Downes is still out? on 13:34 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

His injury came at literally the worst possible time for him. Mick was undoubtedly going to use his more two years ago and would have played him in, if not a pretty team, then a competent and functional one and then, when he was fit again he was basically used as a last throw of the dice in his personal PR by Hurst in a team that was sinking fast.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024