Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pennington 11:02 - Oct 23 with 3760 viewsonlymehere

I see there are a few or more who really don’t rate him or would want him back here,but you have to ask yourselves this is he better than Wilson,Chambers or Nsiala.
Anyone with an ounce of brain can see it’s a no brainer Pennington is by far better than any of them and proved it last season.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:03]
Pennington on 11:04 - Oct 23 with 3728 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd have him back like a shot - certainly in this league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pennington on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 3723 viewsGuthrum

I didn't think there was any question of him coming back here, what with being on a season-long loan from Everton to Hull.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pennington on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 3719 viewsHerbivore

Why have you started another thread on Pennington? Isn't one thread on a below par former loanee sufficient?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pennington on 11:07 - Oct 23 with 3714 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 11:04 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

I'd have him back like a shot - certainly in this league.

I agree obviously but if people think he was bad last season I don’t get it,more times than not he was our best defender in an awful defence .
Pennington on 11:08 - Oct 23 with 3704 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 11:06 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Why have you started another thread on Pennington? Isn't one thread on a below par former loanee sufficient?

Do I have to pay one for a new thread?
Pennington on 11:08 - Oct 23 with 3701 viewsHerbivore

Pennington on 11:08 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

Do I have to pay one for a new thread?

Just seems utterly pointless when this thread isn't adding anything new and the other thread is still live.

Pennington on 11:11 - Oct 23 with 3688 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 11:08 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Just seems utterly pointless when this thread isn't adding anything new and the other thread is still live.

Let me be the judge of that please.
Pennington on 11:12 - Oct 23 with 3678 viewsHerbivore

Pennington on 11:11 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

Let me be the judge of that please.

I hope you can judge a thread better than you can judge a player.

Login to get fewer ads

Pennington on 11:17 - Oct 23 with 3659 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 11:12 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

I hope you can judge a thread better than you can judge a player.

I haven’t come on here to row ,unlike some who love it.
Pennington on 11:23 - Oct 23 with 3644 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't agree that he proved himself better than those listed. Wilson has not had a chance with us in the Championship, Chambers was selected by the manager 43 times last season and Pennington 30. Nsiala played 23 times.

I would be surprised if many didn't agree that he is better than Nsiala. Most worry he is not good enough for this level. There is a big dispute that he is as good as Chambers, let alone better than him.

I am quite certain there are cheaper options who are younger and at least as good.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pennington on 11:33 - Oct 23 with 3621 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would not have him over any of those three. He *looked* good last year but was only catching up to his own mistakes. Genuinely gave away a terrifying amount of goals. Nsiala did not have a good game Saturday but was the best CB in the league two season ago, when he is fully fit and settled in the team he will come good and Wilson has been superb this season.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pennington on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 3614 viewsfooters

Pennington on 11:17 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

I haven’t come on here to row ,unlike some who love it.

Welcome back.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pennington on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 3594 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pennington on 11:33 - Oct 23 by JammyDodgerrr

I would not have him over any of those three. He *looked* good last year but was only catching up to his own mistakes. Genuinely gave away a terrifying amount of goals. Nsiala did not have a good game Saturday but was the best CB in the league two season ago, when he is fully fit and settled in the team he will come good and Wilson has been superb this season.

Often it is about partnerships and systems. My concern with Nsiala is his propensity to make bad mistakes. We have seen how often in this league they go unpunished. I wonder if he looked good partly because of a good understanding with another very good CB and partly because most of his errors went unpunished.

I hope you are right that he will come good but I fear he has been given plenty of chances without doing so.

EDIT: "In his first half-season [at Shrewsbury under Hurst] he established a strong defensive partnership with the experienced left-sided centre-back Mat Sadler to help steer Shrewsbury away from relegation danger." would suggest he benefitted from playing on the right with an experienced, solid left-sided CB alongside him.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:41]

Pennington on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 3570 viewsDubtractor

He really isn't that good you know.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Pennington on 11:56 - Oct 23 with 3535 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 11:44 - Oct 23 by Dubtractor

He really isn't that good you know.

I would say better than we already have apart from Wolferden.
Pennington on 12:02 - Oct 23 with 3515 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I'd definitely take him.
Pennington on 12:06 - Oct 23 with 3504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pennington on 11:56 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

I would say better than we already have apart from Wolferden.

I rate Woolfenden but he is not currently better than Chambers or Wilson.

Perhaps this Wolferden chap is great though? Is he currently out injured? When can we expect him back?

Pennington on 12:22 - Oct 23 with 3453 viewsonlymehere

Pennington on 12:06 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I rate Woolfenden but he is not currently better than Chambers or Wilson.

Perhaps this Wolferden chap is great though? Is he currently out injured? When can we expect him back?

Yes I got the spelling wrong Woolfenden.
Pennington on 13:05 - Oct 23 with 3376 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I'd have him back. He's better than Nsiala for sure. Over the next couple of seasons will surpass Chambers. Wilson in playing great but his CV doesn't fill me with confidence that this is anything more than the form of his life.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Pennington on 13:09 - Oct 23 with 3370 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Pennington on 11:39 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Often it is about partnerships and systems. My concern with Nsiala is his propensity to make bad mistakes. We have seen how often in this league they go unpunished. I wonder if he looked good partly because of a good understanding with another very good CB and partly because most of his errors went unpunished.

I hope you are right that he will come good but I fear he has been given plenty of chances without doing so.

EDIT: "In his first half-season [at Shrewsbury under Hurst] he established a strong defensive partnership with the experienced left-sided centre-back Mat Sadler to help steer Shrewsbury away from relegation danger." would suggest he benefitted from playing on the right with an experienced, solid left-sided CB alongside him.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:41]

Yes you are right that it is about partnerships and I just don't think Toto has been given the run of games yet to be honest. He has been injured so far this season and was in and out last year, and you are more likely to see mistakes from defenders who come in and out of the team. I think If he became a regular feature this year, I do believe he would come good and then next year we are looking at the same four, but more settled. I think we will go three at the back going forwards.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pennington on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 3368 viewsBigManBlue

Pennington is alright, and would be decent in league one, but as you can see from the debate here he's not obviously better than what we've already got. I'd rather we invested in someone we thought would genuinely improve the first team rather than add another "just as good" (maybe) body to the squad.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Pennington on 13:50 - Oct 23 with 3267 viewsSpruceMoose

Pennington on 11:35 - Oct 23 by footers

Welcome back.

The B-Boy loves a bit of TWTD. Can't stay away.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pennington on 15:22 - Oct 23 with 3199 viewsitfcjoe

He was just another poor defender last season for me, not awful but too mistake prone for a player with his experience which makes me think he's not going to grow out of it.

He'd probably start for us at the moment, but I think there is better out there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pennington on 15:27 - Oct 23 with 3184 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pennington on 13:09 - Oct 23 by JammyDodgerrr

Yes you are right that it is about partnerships and I just don't think Toto has been given the run of games yet to be honest. He has been injured so far this season and was in and out last year, and you are more likely to see mistakes from defenders who come in and out of the team. I think If he became a regular feature this year, I do believe he would come good and then next year we are looking at the same four, but more settled. I think we will go three at the back going forwards.

I think my point is that he will need a solid, experienced left-sided CB to pair with. Could that be Woolfenden in the future (isn't he more right-sided)? I have seen far too much from Nsiala that concerns me to have enough confidence in him. I would rather he tried again somewhere else and we looked to get an experienced player in to be the future with Woolfenden.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024