Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives from tonight? 21:56 - Oct 23 with 1718 viewsHerbivore

I thought Huws looked alright and got a good 60 minutes into his legs.

We didn't get the absolute thrashing our performance deserved.

I think that's everything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Positives from tonight? on 22:00 - Oct 23 with 1672 viewshaynes_toe1

Haven't watched the game but 3 shots all game according to the stats doesn't look good. We've not really played positive, consistent football throughout but we have had players who have that extra bit of quality who have won us games.

I think we'll be relying on that all season with Lambert in charge but I still believe it's enough to get out of this league because the quality is just so poor overall.
Positives from tonight? on 22:01 - Oct 23 with 1640 viewsfooters

The game only lasted 96 minutes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Positives from tonight? on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 1578 viewsjeera

The phone-in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Positives from tonight? on 22:31 - Oct 23 with 1477 viewsDurovigutum

Huws was crowded out by Nolan and Skuse. We played too deep as we let the press pin us, then the long balls into space didn't work as the ground was to wet and the ball skidded off. We had a diamond four but needed width, we got better at that point but Nolan showed he's not Downes and I think Huws should have stayed on.
Positives from tonight? on 22:33 - Oct 23 with 1469 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, agreed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Positives from tonight? on 22:35 - Oct 23 with 1454 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No Dozzell, no Judge that was a positive.
Positives from tonight? on 22:36 - Oct 23 with 1445 viewsAlexwaddell

Positives from tonight? on 22:31 - Oct 23 by Durovigutum

Huws was crowded out by Nolan and Skuse. We played too deep as we let the press pin us, then the long balls into space didn't work as the ground was to wet and the ball skidded off. We had a diamond four but needed width, we got better at that point but Nolan showed he's not Downes and I think Huws should have stayed on.

Georgiou was a positive for me
Bad idea to keep changing formation and personnel
If we want to punt the ball forward we need a target man
We do not have the physicality for this division
Back to positives we will get 3 points on Saturday

Poll: What was today?

Positives from tonight? on 22:41 - Oct 23 with 1409 viewsJakeITFC

Don’t think any of the players who have featured in the last two games have played well, been a really weird week.

I think one positive is that we’ll probably go back to 442 with Jackson and Norwood upfront together again on Saturday, which whilst it doesn’t look like our strongest on paper, has provided our best results thus far.
Login to get fewer ads

Positives from tonight? on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 1338 viewsITFC_Forever

Huws wasn’t immune from giving the ball away far too often, much like the rest of them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Positives from tonight? on 23:16 - Oct 23 with 1321 viewspointofblue

Positives from tonight? on 23:11 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

Huws wasn’t immune from giving the ball away far too often, much like the rest of them.

The midfield was over-crowded - Huws, Nolan, Rowe and, to an extent, Skuse ended up getting in each other's way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Positives from tonight? on 08:27 - Oct 24 with 1176 viewsHerbivore

Positives from tonight? on 23:11 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

He also used it well at times. Played some good passes to get us in good positions. He was the least poor of our midfielders.

Positives from tonight? on 08:58 - Oct 24 with 1088 viewsflimflam

What annoyed me was that we have been winning and keeping clean sheets with 3 at the back so why change it after 1 bad performance?

It forced Young and Garbutt into more defensive roles when they had been playing well as wing back further up the pitch.

It was obvious after 20 minutes that 4 central midfielders in a diamond (I think that was what we were playing anyway) was not working and we had no width or threat down either flank.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Positives from tonight? on 09:05 - Oct 24 with 1069 viewsHerbivore

Positives from tonight? on 08:58 - Oct 24 by flimflam

What annoyed me was that we have been winning and keeping clean sheets with 3 at the back so why change it after 1 bad performance?

It forced Young and Garbutt into more defensive roles when they had been playing well as wing back further up the pitch.

It was obvious after 20 minutes that 4 central midfielders in a diamond (I think that was what we were playing anyway) was not working and we had no width or threat down either flank.

That's not correct. We've only played three at the back since Gillingham away. We kept a clean sheet there but conceded in our next game against Tranmere. We've played three at the back in four of our last five games and in two of those games we had to switch to a back four at half time or earlier because it wasn't working.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024