Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Physicality 22:48 - Oct 23 with 5208 viewsGarv

We don’t have any.

We were absolutely bossed tonight. They picked up every second ball, won almost every header. I don’t remember seeing a game in which we’ve lost so many physical battles.

For what it’s worth;

Rowe is poor. I don’t think he’s done enough to deserve a place. People criticise Judge but he would have given us more tonight, surprised he didn’t come on. The replacement Edwards was really disappointing, I’m gutted he hasn’t kicked on from last season.

We went past our man once all night, and that was when Garbutt bundled through and almost scored. There was a woeful lack of creativity but also any individual spark.

As mentioned by many, Skuse had a bad night. He’s missing Downes. Huws did nothing but he also had no space to do anything in.

Keane is a good player but he’s not a target man. We’re still not all there up front in my view. A Murphy type signing was missing in the summer.

Not panic stations, this has been incredibly predictable if we stand back and think about it. 8 wins and 3 draws before the last two games was fantasy stuff really, and we were overdue a rude awakening. But I do worry about where we’re headed based on that performance.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Physicality on 22:56 - Oct 23 with 5131 viewsRegencyBlue

They wanted it more than we did in a nutshell.

We looked like we thought all we had to do was turn up to collect the points!
Physicality on 22:57 - Oct 23 with 5128 viewspointofblue

Physicality on 22:56 - Oct 23 by RegencyBlue

They wanted it more than we did in a nutshell.

We looked like we thought all we had to do was turn up to collect the points!

After the first three minutes I thought we'd moved on from Sunday - we started really brightly. And then fell apart.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Physicality on 22:57 - Oct 23 with 5127 viewsHerbivore

Judge would have made no difference whatsoever tonight. I thought Huws played some good passes but the midfield was horribly congested and we had so few options when on the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Physicality on 23:04 - Oct 23 with 5076 viewsSarge

We were sh1t but they were a fcking dirty team. Neanderthal football from them, countless fouls unpunished. I’d fancy their chances in the rugby more than I fancy them to go up.
Physicality on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 5054 viewsGarv

Physicality on 22:57 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Judge would have made no difference whatsoever tonight. I thought Huws played some good passes but the midfield was horribly congested and we had so few options when on the ball.

Agree with your second point.

Physicality on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 5033 viewsBLUEBEAT

Physicality on 23:04 - Oct 23 by Sarge

We were sh1t but they were a fcking dirty team. Neanderthal football from them, countless fouls unpunished. I’d fancy their chances in the rugby more than I fancy them to go up.

Thugged, buh.

Poll: W or W

Physicality on 23:10 - Oct 23 with 5024 viewsRegencyBlue

Welcome to League 1!
Physicality on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 5027 viewsitfcjoe

They looked so much fitter than us, the big lads up front worked their nuts off and did not give us a moments peace.

We are neither a physical side or a particularly good footballing side, need to work out an identity and stick to it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Physicality on 23:23 - Oct 23 with 4957 viewsdavblue

Physicality on 23:11 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

They looked so much fitter than us, the big lads up front worked their nuts off and did not give us a moments peace.

We are neither a physical side or a particularly good footballing side, need to work out an identity and stick to it

I thought the lad Smith looked an ideal type for us.

Keane isnt a target man despite what many think, Jackson is a one trick pony, we look better with Norwood but we need to start to play through the midfield more. The service to the strikers isnt very good but pumping it long doesn't suit them at all.
Physicality on 23:51 - Oct 23 with 4898 viewsGarv

I thought they were brilliant to be fair, which is the reason I’m not getting too upset about the game.

The pressed, were strong, tackled well, consistently got crosses in, and good ones too (the majority of ours were terrible, barely ever missing the first man and when we did there was no one on the end of it). I’ve just watched the highlights as I missed the first goal, that and the second were pretty clinical.

Physicality on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 4877 viewsericclacton

Debacle de hoofball, I heard that pardon!
Physicality on 00:06 - Oct 24 with 4838 viewsBent_double

Having just got in from the game, I was about to post something along the lines of what you've written, your post covers it perfectly.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Physicality on 01:02 - Oct 24 with 4769 viewsurbanblue

We need another enforcer type in midfield for when Downes isn't available. For all our glut of midfielders we don't have anyone else with muscle and that showed tonight.
Physicality on 05:26 - Oct 24 with 4675 viewspowinswitch

Physicality on 23:23 - Oct 23 by davblue

I thought the lad Smith looked an ideal type for us.

Keane isnt a target man despite what many think, Jackson is a one trick pony, we look better with Norwood but we need to start to play through the midfield more. The service to the strikers isnt very good but pumping it long doesn't suit them at all.

Your final point is correct. The other issue is you have to have central midfielders able to receive the ball from the defence and turn and run, or play the ball forward. And that is where we struggle. And the opposition identify this stuff. They know our lack of ball playing central midfielders, leaves us uncomfortable with the ball at feet, and leads us to0launch it. To attackers who struggle with that type of service. And if we don’t win enough second balls then we will struggle.
Physicality on 06:29 - Oct 24 with 4601 viewspennblue

Agreed 100%, both they and Fleetwood at the weekend, worked their nuts off for it. That is the difference.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Physicality on 07:33 - Oct 24 with 4487 viewsKeaneish

Physicality on 23:51 - Oct 23 by Garv

I thought they were brilliant to be fair, which is the reason I’m not getting too upset about the game.

The pressed, were strong, tackled well, consistently got crosses in, and good ones too (the majority of ours were terrible, barely ever missing the first man and when we did there was no one on the end of it). I’ve just watched the highlights as I missed the first goal, that and the second were pretty clinical.

Couldn't agree more. I tipped them for the league at the start of the season and they'll be thereabouts in May. They did the basics right and gave us no time on the ball. To be out worked by a side at home needs some serious evaluation.

Terrible week. Thank God it's Southend this weekend.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Physicality on 08:01 - Oct 24 with 4435 viewshomer_123

They played football than we did last night - got the ball up top, willing runners beyond their front man - knocked the ball around better than we did.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Physicality on 08:12 - Oct 24 with 4404 viewsbournemouthblue

I suppose unfortunately, Nsiala is the player who should be ready built for games like this one

Even Skuse was outmuscled in this one, we simply lacked the size to cope with them

Once they got the lead, they kept solid, sat most of their players behind the ball and kept their defensive line on the edge of the 18 yard box

We didn't have an answer to it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Physicality on 08:25 - Oct 24 with 4366 viewsHerbivore

Physicality on 05:26 - Oct 24 by powinswitch

Your final point is correct. The other issue is you have to have central midfielders able to receive the ball from the defence and turn and run, or play the ball forward. And that is where we struggle. And the opposition identify this stuff. They know our lack of ball playing central midfielders, leaves us uncomfortable with the ball at feet, and leads us to0launch it. To attackers who struggle with that type of service. And if we don’t win enough second balls then we will struggle.

The midfield had plenty of ball players in it last night. The issue was there was no room in there to play, we got out muscled and didn't help ourselves by getting in each other's way far too often.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Physicality on 08:49 - Oct 24 with 4295 viewsRobTheMonk

I actually felt sorry for Garbutt. He was playing left wing, left wing back and left winger all in one until Georgiou came on to give him a hand.

Also, that game was summed up by a one minute segment where we passed it around slowly, sideways and backwards for a bit, went back to Holy who promptly hoofed it straight to their keeper.
Physicality on 19:01 - Oct 24 with 4034 viewsGarv

Physicality on 07:33 - Oct 24 by Keaneish

Couldn't agree more. I tipped them for the league at the start of the season and they'll be thereabouts in May. They did the basics right and gave us no time on the ball. To be out worked by a side at home needs some serious evaluation.

Terrible week. Thank God it's Southend this weekend.

Thanking God for an excuse to go to Southend?

Physicality on 20:44 - Jan 28 with 3325 viewsBLUEBEAT

Physicality on 20:47 - Jan 28 with 3260 viewspointofblue

Insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting different results.

We're carrying out the same tactics at Rotherham as we did PR and suprise surprise...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Physicality on 21:37 - Jan 28 with 3129 viewsBLUEBEAT

Physicality on 20:47 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

Insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting different results.

We're carrying out the same tactics at Rotherham as we did PR and suprise surprise...

You’d think the coaches would have quantified for this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024