Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to Rotherham 23:07 - Oct 23 with 870 viewsRomeo4

They got their approach & tactics spot on tonight. It wasn’t pretty but they pressed in the right areas, won the physical battle everywhere on the pitch and continued to offer a threat even when they could’ve just sat in and held what they’d got.

Theit 229 fans did them credit too.

From a Town perspective we have to find a way to compete better when we come up against these big physical sides. We were bullied out of it tonight and if we don’t learn how to mix it better then we are only going to head in one direction. Feel like we’re finally finding out what L1 is like and we must start doing the ugly stuff better.
Credit to Rotherham on 23:10 - Oct 23 with 851 viewsSarge

They literally spent the whole game holding what they had and they managed to make 230 fans sound like 30. We really were bullied and didn’t change anything until Georgiou came on much too late but I’m loathe to credit Rotherham for essentially playing like a late era MM team minus any genuine footballers.
Credit to Rotherham on 02:15 - Oct 24 with 744 viewsharlingblue

Credit to Rotherham on 23:10 - Oct 23 by Sarge

They literally spent the whole game holding what they had and they managed to make 230 fans sound like 30. We really were bullied and didn’t change anything until Georgiou came on much too late but I’m loathe to credit Rotherham for essentially playing like a late era MM team minus any genuine footballers.

I'm sorry Sarge, but you were watching a different game to me. Rotherham played the correct tactics, bossed us, and could have beaten us by more.
Paul Warne won the day over the tactics/team selection of Paul Lambert.
By the way, I am a long standing Town supporter, but give credit when it is due, tonight we were outfought and out thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024