Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic stations already?! 09:18 - Oct 24 with 1152 viewsagravenor

I'm personally not panicking at the moment but have seen a lot of people saying things like they're extremely worried or that Lambert is an inept manager and doesn't know what he is doing... For one, let's remember what he has done of the pitch.

Thoughts?! is it really time to sh*t ourselves this much??

We have averaged 2.1 points per game thus far, last years automatic promotion spot averaged at 1.97 points per game.

We have had a flying start and have definitely hit a wobble, no denying that. But I for one am not panicking

I think once we have Downes and Nors back at full fitness we will be just fine. We could do with recruiting some more physicality in January too imo.

All that said, I do hope Lambert goes to a solid 442 with some width and picks a consistent base of players now. Stability does seem to be needed within the side
Panic stations already?! on 09:22 - Oct 24 with 1138 viewsBlue_Moses

I couldn't make the game last night so don't have the performance fresh in the memory like others, we will be fine. I've enjoyed the season so far too, unlike the past 3 seasons.
Panic stations already?! on 09:24 - Oct 24 with 1132 viewsFixed_It

I think the players, and we as a fanbase, still have brittle confidence after the trauma of last season. Understandable But a good performance on Saturday really is needed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Panic stations already?! on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 1127 viewsagravenor

Panic stations already?! on 09:22 - Oct 24 by Blue_Moses

I couldn't make the game last night so don't have the performance fresh in the memory like others, we will be fine. I've enjoyed the season so far too, unlike the past 3 seasons.

It wasn't pretty viewing to be fair mate. We were bullied and couldn't create much other than in the first 3 minutes!

However, it's two games. I can't help but feel there's a slight overreaction. Before the season I think the vast majority of fans said this league wouldn't be a walkover.

I'm also enjoying this season far more than the previous couple so far!
Panic stations already?! on 09:28 - Oct 24 with 1110 viewsagravenor

Panic stations already?! on 09:24 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

I think the players, and we as a fanbase, still have brittle confidence after the trauma of last season. Understandable But a good performance on Saturday really is needed.

Agreed. We really should be going there for 3 points and a few goals given Southends record this season. I definitely won't be travelling home happy with anything less than the win on Saturday
Panic stations already?! on 09:28 - Oct 24 with 1114 viewsReuser_is_God

You'd have thought that after getting battered every week last season that even our most div supporters would have learnt how to cope with a defeat by now.

Clearly not.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Panic stations already?! on 09:32 - Oct 24 with 1091 viewsStadiumofdark

Panic stations already?! on 09:28 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

You'd have thought that after getting battered every week last season that even our most div supporters would have learnt how to cope with a defeat by now.

Clearly not.

I agree with that.... although, I think our manager got so used to it, he doesn't seem too bothered by it!
Panic stations already?! on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 1002 viewsagravenor

Panic stations already?! on 09:32 - Oct 24 by Stadiumofdark

I agree with that.... although, I think our manager got so used to it, he doesn't seem too bothered by it!

I'm sure he is bothered about it but he is being mindful infront of the press with his words. Trying to keep the feel good factor there
Panic stations already?! on 10:34 - Oct 24 with 995 viewsStadiumofdark

Panic stations already?! on 10:25 - Oct 24 by agravenor

I'm sure he is bothered about it but he is being mindful infront of the press with his words. Trying to keep the feel good factor there

Nah, it's time for a Hurst-eque outburst at the players

(I'm joking - i think it's the set-up and lack of continuity that's our issue)
Login to get fewer ads

Panic stations already?! on 10:37 - Oct 24 with 989 viewshaynes_toe1

If your defence of a manager is "look at what he does off the pitch" then it suggests he should probably have a role in the club which doesnt involve anything on the pitch.
Panic stations already?! on 10:54 - Oct 24 with 968 viewsagravenor

Panic stations already?! on 10:37 - Oct 24 by haynes_toe1

If your defence of a manager is "look at what he does off the pitch" then it suggests he should probably have a role in the club which doesnt involve anything on the pitch.

My other defense of the manager would be that we are joint top of the league on points, only conceded 9 goals (4 in the past 2 games, granted), only lost 2 games, made some excellent acquisitions in the summer, averaging 2.1 points per game (Automatic promotion average)... shall I go on? He has his faults but c'mon people

Also, in my opinion it's important what a manager can do off the pitch as well as on. Great managers of the past that are remembered dearly all unite the club as a whole, not just on the pitch.
Panic stations already?! on 11:31 - Oct 24 with 950 viewsmonty_radio

Panic stations already?! on 09:26 - Oct 24 by agravenor

It wasn't pretty viewing to be fair mate. We were bullied and couldn't create much other than in the first 3 minutes!

However, it's two games. I can't help but feel there's a slight overreaction. Before the season I think the vast majority of fans said this league wouldn't be a walkover.

I'm also enjoying this season far more than the previous couple so far!

It is, as you say, only two games. But I don't think it's panic but rather that people pile on when it's safe to say it. Prior to these games quite a few were expressing thoughts that we had not yet put together a complete convincing 90 minutes that reflected our lofty perch. Several spoke about lack of a system. But Social Media is only social when there's seamless agreement.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024