Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night 09:50 - Oct 24 with 7727 viewsJTRNB

At the risk of sounding like Delia - where were you North Stand?
After one poor result on Sunday the team needed to re-group and push on.
Over 20,000 in the stadium and both tiers of the North Stand full, but there to support the team or just stream celebratory videos when we score?
As supporters, we can do nothing in a match to change the tactics or team selection deployed by the manager, but we can hugely effect the confidence and motivation of the players on the pitch.
Going a goal down early on was a blow. Last year, this would have seen loud choruses of ITID or "Come on Ipswich" to show support and encourage the team to dig deep and fight back. Last night - silence. The North Stand is the heart of vocal support, recently it has been spreading round the ground but it is always generated there.
Rotherham are a physically huge team that pressed hard and bullied our players out of most free balls. They showed more desire, while Ipswich floundered.
If you were struggling to do your job well, in front of 20,000 people, what would motivate you to push on and find that extra yard? Boos or support?
Sitting in the Co-op stand (close to the North Stand) I could occasionally hear murmurings of support from Section 6, nothing from the rest. The few hundred Rotherham supporters made more noise and I'm pretty sure at one point I could just about hear supportive chanting from the lower Churchmans.
Our fans are continually praised by PL and the players for their support, last night we showed up in numbers but gave no support. There will be bad matches this season but we need to pull together and push the team on, save the moaning and groaning until the match has finished - you will be welcomed onto Radio Suffolk's phone in.
Please don't let us revert to a toxic atmosphere at Portman Road.
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 09:58 - Oct 24 with 4978 viewsmonytowbray

Don't blame me, I struggle to make mid-week games!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 09:59 - Oct 24 with 4984 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You have made a mountain out of a molehill.

The support this year in terms of noise has been woeful, home and away. However, I am sure it will pick up again, we just need to get one game rocking and we will see an improvement. Our fans have never been really loud, not even last season, but it is not a 'noise crisis' yet.

I was more concerned by chants such as "We're here every week" and singing songs about Troy??? No doubt these chants were started by the Ipswich Fanzone Virgins

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:06 - Oct 24 with 4934 viewsSikamikanico

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 09:59 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

The support this year in terms of noise has been woeful, home and away. However, I am sure it will pick up again, we just need to get one game rocking and we will see an improvement. Our fans have never been really loud, not even last season, but it is not a 'noise crisis' yet.

I was more concerned by chants such as "We're here every week" and singing songs about Troy??? No doubt these chants were started by the Ipswich Fanzone Virgins

Yes! I heard the song about Troy as well.

Some teens in front of me sang along and their Dad told them not to sing it. Not sure if because they knew of Troy or not.

The son's reply was "but it's only a song"
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:07 - Oct 24 with 4931 viewsDyland

There's been a trend over recent years that when we get a few extra in the ground, the atmosphere is flat and we play like shoite. Counter intuitive innit, but very ITFC.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:07 - Oct 24 with 4927 viewsBlue_Moses

Surely the players should be motivated enough to play well?
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:09 - Oct 24 with 4916 viewsDyland

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 09:59 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Hmmm, there's a small section of our support who are cruising for a bruising. The Fanzone Virgins is an apt description.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:11 - Oct 24 with 4903 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:06 - Oct 24 by Sikamikanico

Some teens in front of me sang along and their Dad told them not to sing it. Not sure if because they knew of Troy or not.

I am sure Troy would say he doesn't mind, but then he wouldn't kick up a fuss. Being called a virgin in front of thousands of people cant be nice for anyone though.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:16 - Oct 24 with 4858 viewsSikamikanico

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:11 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am sure Troy would say he doesn't mind, but then he wouldn't kick up a fuss. Being called a virgin in front of thousands of people cant be nice for anyone though.

I am sure he says that as well, but as you say, its not a nice thing to say and no one will ever really know what he really thinks about it
Login to get fewer ads

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:17 - Oct 24 with 4866 viewsDyland

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:11 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Cowardly little bullies. And we all know why people like to bully in a herd. Get a life you losers. The irony of these planks chanting about people being virgins is a bit silly of course.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:22 - Oct 24 with 4825 viewsgiant_stow

Is Troy the lad thats been discussing his problems on here in the last few months?

If so, i'd ban them from the ground for that - straight up bullying hate speech, as bad as racism / homophobia etc. if tolerated, it'll carry on.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 4832 viewsReuser_is_God

Whilst you are correct about the atmosphere being poor last night I'd just like to point of that there is nothing stopping you vocally supporting the team & encouraging others around you to do the same.

Moaning about it on here the day after won't help.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 4817 viewsReuser_is_God

What was the song?

Evans out

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 4817 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:17 - Oct 24 by Dyland

Cowardly little bullies. And we all know why people like to bully in a herd. Get a life you losers. The irony of these planks chanting about people being virgins is a bit silly of course.

Was going to say something similar but decided against it haha.

But yes, you are spot on.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 4807 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:22 - Oct 24 by giant_stow

Is Troy the lad thats been discussing his problems on here in the last few months?

If so, i'd ban them from the ground for that - straight up bullying hate speech, as bad as racism / homophobia etc. if tolerated, it'll carry on.

It is mate. Username: Troyse

I have heard it before at games, but last night I heard it from the near the tunnel in the Churchmans. Poor really.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:28 - Oct 24 with 4800 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:23 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

What was the song?

I'm not sure on the full lyrics.

One line is definitely

"He's never had sex" Which as already pointed out on this thread, coming from section 6, springs the phrase Pots and Kettles to my mind.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:28 - Oct 24 with 4792 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:06 - Oct 24 by Sikamikanico

Imagine being at a football game and singing that Troy song, a guy who clearly is easily agitated. I have no idea what his thoughts are on it, but every time I hear it I just cringe.

As for RIG, I agree with his comment. Would love to know how many songs the OP tried to start.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:29 - Oct 24 with 4781 viewsgiant_stow

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:25 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

It is mate. Username: Troyse

I have heard it before at games, but last night I heard it from the near the tunnel in the Churchmans. Poor really.

the fckers.

Nothing to do with me of course, but they're a stain on your club.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:29 - Oct 24 with 4782 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:28 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I'm not sure on the full lyrics.

One line is definitely

"He's never had sex" Which as already pointed out on this thread, coming from section 6, springs the phrase Pots and Kettles to my mind.

"He sends all the texts, he's never had sex, walking in a Farthing wonderland"

Tw@ts

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:33 - Oct 24 with 4758 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:29 - Oct 24 by TractorCam

Tw@ts

I think I am right in saying you know Troy ?

I was wondering if you, in extension, know any of the morons who sing it and know any of them, level headed enough to maybe get them the stop. The bloody Drummer was drumming a long as well. He must also be a moron.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 4736 viewshaynes_toe1

Absolutely tragic if that Troy song is something genuinely sung. I dont go to games anymore but I'm embarrassed for everyone involved and the club as a whole.
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 4739 viewsReuser_is_God

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:29 - Oct 24 by TractorCam

Tw@ts

So not only are the Fanzone lot racists they're now also bullies.

Time for them guys to be banned.

Evans out

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 4726 viewshoppy

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:29 - Oct 24 by giant_stow

the fckers.

Nothing to do with me of course, but they're a stain on your club.

You do, of course, mean “our club” you true blue, you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 4733 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:33 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think I am right in saying you know Troy ?

I was wondering if you, in extension, know any of the morons who sing it and know any of them, level headed enough to maybe get them the stop. The bloody Drummer was drumming a long as well. He must also be a moron.

I know Troy yeah, and can see how easily vulnerable he is, which is understandable.

There's so many of them 15/16 year olds around him, I don't know any of them. I know a few of his mates who are about 18, but don't know if they sing the song or not.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:37 - Oct 24 with 4727 viewsJTRNB

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:23 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

Whilst you are correct about the atmosphere being poor last night I'd just like to point of that there is nothing stopping you vocally supporting the team & encouraging others around you to do the same.

Moaning about it on here the day after won't help.

You're right, it won't help any more than the posts moaning about players or the manager. I'm just venting like the rest.
Unfortunately, as a middle-aged female supporter in the Co-op stand my loan shrill renditions of ITID are unlikely to encourage anyone around me to join in.
Just seems, backed up by some of the other comments on this thread, that the heart of the North Stand is ailing? Fans abusing each other instead of supporting the team. A them and us attitude towards Section 6?
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:38 - Oct 24 with 4712 viewstonydinning

Potentially unpopular opinion but I swear Section 6 are killing the atmosphere in the rest of North Stand with drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum.

I didn't hear a "conventional" football song the whole evening sung by the rest of the stand.

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024