Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We should be 12th in the table based on XG 11:03 - Oct 24 with 9406 viewsMaySixth

this feels about right on the performances this season

XG an excellent indicator of performance levels
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 11:06]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 6626 viewsStokieBlue

Link?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We should be 12th in the table based on XG (n/t) on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 6618 viewsMaySixth

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:04 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

Link?

SB

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 6616 viewsMaySixth

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:04 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

Link?

SB

https://experimental361.com/2019/10/24/expected-goals-league-tables-22-23-oct-20

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:08 - Oct 24 with 6599 viewsMrTown

Performances have been ok up until last 2 games. Opponents have been poor until the last 2 games.

Said at the start of the season we're probably an 7th/8th/9th team in League 1. Still quite possible that is where we will end.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:13 - Oct 24 with 6577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Luckily the table isnt based on XG.

Lets not all go over the top after a couple of losses.

I think what the last two games have shown us is how much we miss Downes and Norwood.

I agree with much of the comment that we need to pick a first XI, and stick with it wherever possible.

Rotation and being 'clever' with international breaks is not helping. Lets aim for consistency and momentum.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 6576 viewsMaySixth

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:08 - Oct 24 by MrTown

Performances have been ok up until last 2 games. Opponents have been poor until the last 2 games.

Said at the start of the season we're probably an 7th/8th/9th team in League 1. Still quite possible that is where we will end.

Yes, ok is the word - 12th feels about right for me - I had us down there before the season.
We are overachieving.

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:31 - Oct 24 with 6517 viewsagravenor

But we are not, 2nd only on goal difference with a game in hand...?
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:34 - Oct 24 with 6511 viewsReuser_is_God

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:14 - Oct 24 by MaySixth

Yes, ok is the word - 12th feels about right for me - I had us down there before the season.
We are overachieving.

Until 4 days ago our record was:

P11
W 8
D 3
L 0

How on earth does 12th feel about right?!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

lolllers on 11:35 - Oct 24 with 6505 viewsDyland

We are overachieving.

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:42 - Oct 24 with 6481 viewsMrTown

We are overachieving.

12th feels low for me. I do think the standard of League 1 is fairly poor, the gap between League 1 and Championship is so big. The clinical nature in teams has left me gob-smocked and the reality is that is why we went on a good run at the start of the season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 6470 viewsblueislander

Another wonderfully argued contribution from the board’s most negative poster.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:05 - Oct 24 with 6413 viewsMaySixth

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 11:34 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

Until 4 days ago our record was:

P11
W 8
D 3
L 0

How on earth does 12th feel about right?!

Because in those games, the performance levels haven't been as good as the points haul IMO

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:10 - Oct 24 with 6403 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:05 - Oct 24 by MaySixth

Because in those games, the performance levels haven't been as good as the points haul IMO

You're probably right, but to suggest 12th seems right is a massive exaggeration.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 6399 viewsKieran_Knows

That's that then. Hopefully the EFL drop us down to 12th based on this excellent indicator.

All hail XG.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:13 - Oct 24 with 6389 viewsPJH

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:05 - Oct 24 by MaySixth

Performances generally have not been good but the best way to get out of this division through the top end would be to get more points than at least 21 other clubs.

Maybe if there had been less concern about performances and more concern about acquiring points last season then me might not even be in this division.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 6379 viewsReuser_is_God

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:11 - Oct 24 by Kieran_Knows

That's that then. Hopefully the EFL drop us down to 12th based on this excellent indicator.

All hail XG.

Imagine the moaning on here if we actually were 12th.0

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 6369 viewsPJH

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:15 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

Imagine the moaning on here if we actually were 12th.0

Wouldn't matter if we were putting in good performances, apparently.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 12:57 - Oct 24 with 6292 viewsTractorBoyOlly

With respect...

Expected Goals is a load of S****

I fully expect to wake up tomorrow morning but doesn't mean I will does it?

Poll: Final points total?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:06 - Oct 24 with 6255 viewsBigManBlue

Better tell the EFL, they've cocked up and gone on points...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:08 - Oct 24 with 6249 viewsPJH

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:06 - Oct 24 by BigManBlue

Better tell the EFL, they've cocked up and gone on points...

I thought it was next season that goals scored as opposed to goals conceded were only taken into account if possession stats were level.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:11 - Oct 24 with 6243 viewsTractorJack

Bear in mind that this is just one particular xG model.

The Wyscout model has us in 7th. It's mostly down to being quite fortunate in only conceding 5 goals up until the 2 defeats.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:13 - Oct 24 with 6229 viewsmonytowbray

So basically, what you are saying, is if we changed the rules of how football works we'd be in a lower position.

Clutching at straws comes to mind. If my Mum had b0llocks she'd be my Dad.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:13 - Oct 24 with 6232 viewsTractorJack

Lol at people dismissing xG. No one is saying this should be the table it's literally just a way of measuring performance based on chances created and chances conceded.
We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 6213 viewsmonytowbray

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:13 - Oct 24 by TractorJack

Lol at people dismissing xG. No one is saying this should be the table it's literally just a way of measuring performance based on chances created and chances conceded.

It's not "literal" though, is it? The table as it is is the literal table. Anything else is figurative stats.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We should be 12th in the table based on XG on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 6210 viewsOldsmoker

Leicester should never have won the PL but they did.
The dominance of the top 6 said it was not possible.
The Bookies said no chance.
Gary Lineker said with Claudio as boss it was a fight against relegation.
Funny old game football.

My prediction FWIW is we'll never leave the top 6 this season.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024