Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... 11:26 - Oct 24 with 6055 viewschicoazul

.....and a few others said, basically, Lambert has no tactics and is relying on simply having better players and we have no real formation or strategy, and we will get found out sooner or later, and loads of you shouted at them?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 3453 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, I got shouted down a few weeks back.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:33 - Oct 24 with 3421 viewsGuthrum

Wimbledon a good example. The experiment goes wrong, but we have the players to strong-arm a result off the bench.

Just the last two matches that elements of our back wall, midfield anchor, flying wingbacks and lively strikeforce have been missing or just working their way back in. Some of the replacements didn't have good games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:35 - Oct 24 with 3410 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, because Bloots & Blubbers are a fountain of football knowledge.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:37 - Oct 24 with 3404 viewsDarth_Koont

Not really no.

I think we've been having similar balanced conversations about Lambert and the team since about March (when it was apparent that the new players hadn't turned things around). Then those conversations remained but quietened down while we gave him and the players the chance to find their feet in League One. Results were good but the doubts were still raised.

To put it into perspective, I can only think of one poster who's gone the opposite way and been lauding Lambert as a tactician over that time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:37 - Oct 24 with 3406 viewsDyland

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:35 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

To be fair they have a point. The facetious trolling tone doesn't help their cause (though actually even that makes me smile) :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:37 - Oct 24 with 3403 viewsMrTown

I got shouted at for suggesting we'd finish 8-10th pre season.

First time I've looked at Lambert last night and thought, 'tactically you are miles away.'

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 3385 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:37 - Oct 24 by MrTown

I got shouted at for suggesting we'd finish 8-10th pre season.

First time I've looked at Lambert last night and thought, 'tactically you are miles away.'

You're a long way from being proven to be right!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 3384 viewsMrTown

Just as equal as you my friend.

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:40 - Oct 24 with 3380 viewsJakeITFC

It’s just the general principle of people looking for us to fail that is annoying.

The ground was full of it last night, I don’t know whether it is just a Suffolk thing or what, but Ipswich fans just seem to take some sort of perverse pleasure from misery.
Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:41 - Oct 24 with 3370 viewsReuser_is_God

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:40 - Oct 24 by JakeITFC

It’s just the general principle of people looking for us to fail that is annoying.

The ground was full of it last night, I don’t know whether it is just a Suffolk thing or what, but Ipswich fans just seem to take some sort of perverse pleasure from misery.

Indeed, a very odd mentality.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:41 - Oct 24 with 3363 viewsBluefish

Agreed

I knew you would catch on eventually
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 11:43]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:42 - Oct 24 with 3359 viewsKeaneish

Only all of that is wrong though, right? We have employed different tactics, they just haven't always worked and not been consistent from game to game. The strategy is squad rotation so the squad isn't burnt out when we get to the later stages of the season and we employ this to keep players fit and able to slot into multiple roles.

Problem is, it's come unstuck in the last few games and PL's tactics have been wrong. Ultimately, although i'm not a fan of all of it, we're 2nd in the table with a game in hand so it's worked, until now....

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Exactly on 11:42 - Oct 24 with 3366 viewsDyland

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:37 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Not really no.

I think we've been having similar balanced conversations about Lambert and the team since about March (when it was apparent that the new players hadn't turned things around). Then those conversations remained but quietened down while we gave him and the players the chance to find their feet in League One. Results were good but the doubts were still raised.

To put it into perspective, I can only think of one poster who's gone the opposite way and been lauding Lambert as a tactician over that time.

The jury is still out for the vast majority of vaguely sane Town fans. Many of us, me included, have been very forgiving because of his fantastic PR efforts but that doesn't mean we think he's turned it around. We won't have turned it around until we are promoted and challenging top six in the second division.

Does Lambert deserve the benefit of the doubt at the moment? Er, yes, obviously. He does need to remove any complacency though sharpish. Last night we were all over the place and most worryingly didn't manage to compete physically at all. We have some very good players but let's not get carried away, there are also some distinctly average ones who play regularly, average even for the third division.

We are hardly world beaters and most fans who like Lambert have said so again and again, the excellent (if slightly lucky) early season form notwithstanding.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 3340 viewsMrTown

Lets all get on the happy clap bus and pretend we done great last night and the players really deserve a good old round of applause.

P*ss Off, we were f*cking awful against Rotherham at home in League 1. I think fans are fairly entitled to be a little grumpy instead of little cheerleaders.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:45 - Oct 24 with 3330 viewsBluefish

The desperation to say we are having the best time has blinded the reality. Sadly the reality always has to hit.

The unbeaten run was about as convincing as when keane had us near the top one season at the start

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:46 - Oct 24 with 3329 viewshomer_123

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:33 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

Wimbledon a good example. The experiment goes wrong, but we have the players to strong-arm a result off the bench.

Just the last two matches that elements of our back wall, midfield anchor, flying wingbacks and lively strikeforce have been missing or just working their way back in. Some of the replacements didn't have good games.

Rotherham pressed Garbutt and KVY and notably Skuse. Gave us no time to play out from the back.

Add to that our inability to either win a ball in the air up front or keep hold of the ball and we were done.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:52 - Oct 24 with 3284 viewschicoazul

Lambert's ongoing tinkering is utterly bizarre which I am sure many people have mentioned. He created a 10 roles yesterday which would seem ideally suited for Judge and played a winger there who has only played once in the last 6 or so games. Sooner he reverts to a simpler system and gets Downes back in, who to be fair is a very big miss and pretty much our best MFer, the better.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:54 - Oct 24 with 3257 viewschicoazul

It's always been like that. I remember it in the Duncan days.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:56 - Oct 24 with 3254 viewsGuthrum

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:44 - Oct 24 by MrTown

Lets all get on the happy clap bus and pretend we done great last night and the players really deserve a good old round of applause.

P*ss Off, we were f*cking awful against Rotherham at home in League 1. I think fans are fairly entitled to be a little grumpy instead of little cheerleaders.

The mood doesn't need to swing violently from one extreme to the other. We can have bad days as well as good days, while the overall trend remains positive.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:56 - Oct 24 with 3241 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youre only happy when your p1ssed off!

Exactly on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 3228 viewschicoazul

Exactly on 11:42 - Oct 24 by Dyland

The jury is still out for the vast majority of vaguely sane Town fans. Many of us, me included, have been very forgiving because of his fantastic PR efforts but that doesn't mean we think he's turned it around. We won't have turned it around until we are promoted and challenging top six in the second division.

Does Lambert deserve the benefit of the doubt at the moment? Er, yes, obviously. He does need to remove any complacency though sharpish. Last night we were all over the place and most worryingly didn't manage to compete physically at all. We have some very good players but let's not get carried away, there are also some distinctly average ones who play regularly, average even for the third division.

We are hardly world beaters and most fans who like Lambert have said so again and again, the excellent (if slightly lucky) early season form notwithstanding.

He is over-complicating things. There are 8 or 9 players who should be nailed on and 1 or 2 spots up for grabs but week in week out he changes 6, 7 players.
The 8 or 9 being;
Holy
KVY
Garbs
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Downes
Action Jackson
Norwood

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:00 - Oct 24 with 3217 viewsJakeITFC

The extent with which goodwill dries up is just bizarre - fans can not wait to get on the back of players and the manager as soon as things start to turn.

Your happy clapping response is just reductive nonsense.
Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:04 - Oct 24 with 3189 viewsGuthrum

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 11:52 - Oct 24 by chicoazul

Lambert's ongoing tinkering is utterly bizarre which I am sure many people have mentioned. He created a 10 roles yesterday which would seem ideally suited for Judge and played a winger there who has only played once in the last 6 or so games. Sooner he reverts to a simpler system and gets Downes back in, who to be fair is a very big miss and pretty much our best MFer, the better.

OTOH, Judge has not been very effective wherever he's been played so far, Nolan would have been better than Rowe in that position but was probably considered stronger defensively than other options for the deeper role (e.g. Dozzell) and Lambert was probably concerned that putting men out wide would leave us overrun in midfield.

We need Bishop or Nydam fit to cover for Downes when he's missing. That allows us to arrange the other pieces so much better.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:06 - Oct 24 with 3172 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:00 - Oct 24 by JakeITFC

The extent with which goodwill dries up is just bizarre - fans can not wait to get on the back of players and the manager as soon as things start to turn.

Your happy clapping response is just reductive nonsense.

Supporting your team, and not going over the top after a couple of defeats = 'happy clapping' apparently LOL

Im sure there is a balance somewhere.

Remember when Bloots, Blubbers.... on 12:07 - Oct 24 with 3167 viewsFifeITFC

I've been watching Town since 1985 and there's always been an "us and them" culture. I don't know if it's a Suffolk thing but there's always been a silly point scoring mentality, without any real complete unity.

You would have thought after last season we'd finally crack that, but it didn't take long for that old chip on the shoulder to reappear. "I'm a better supporter than you", "loyal supporters" etc and people slagging the 'others' off and silly point scoring.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024