Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Careful what you wish for.... 18:52 - Oct 24 with 12419 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So "the people" want "the people's vote" and also "to get Brexit done." .....isn't populism great

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Talking of which, this is rather insane on 19:17 - Oct 24 with 6641 viewsGuthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/24/majority-of-voters-think-violenc

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 6616 viewsOxford_Blue

If there is another referendum and the result is to leave with no deal then what?
Careful what you wish for.... on 19:24 - Oct 24 with 6612 viewsDubtractor

You can't trust people. People voted for the nazis and like Coldplay.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:29 - Oct 24 with 6595 viewsbournemouthblue

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:23 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

If there is another referendum and the result is to leave with no deal then what?

We leave with No Deal?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Talking of which, this is rather insane on 19:29 - Oct 24 with 6595 viewsSwansea_Blue

Talking of which, this is rather insane on 19:17 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/24/majority-of-voters-think-violenc

Farke ‘n’ hell. What’s happened to us? Everyone’s so angry.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:30 - Oct 24 with 6596 viewshampstead_blue

the small minority of people who shout loudest want a 'peoples vote'. This demographic who march are mainly from lefty London and coached on from surrounding areas. The working class who voted to leave look on and think WTF! They have to go to work early to put food on the table so can't afford to go to London and march.

those who voted to leave want to leave.........

Populism? Sir I give you the result of the referendum......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:31 - Oct 24 with 6589 viewsSwansea_Blue

No government with any consideration for the future of their country would be stupid enough to put ‘no deal’ on such a referendum.

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:33 - Oct 24 with 6579 viewshampstead_blue

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:31 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

No government with any consideration for the future of their country would be stupid enough to put ‘no deal’ on such a referendum.

No Deal is suicide. Should never happen.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Login to get fewer ads

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:03 - Oct 24 with 6521 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:30 - Oct 24 by hampstead_blue

the small minority of people who shout loudest want a 'peoples vote'. This demographic who march are mainly from lefty London and coached on from surrounding areas. The working class who voted to leave look on and think WTF! They have to go to work early to put food on the table so can't afford to go to London and march.

Apparently 55% of the voting population are now lefties living in London.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/remain-55-45-second-referendum-brexit-poll/

As a by the by, this whole clusterf*ck came about due to the Prime Minister at the time trying to appeaase a noisy vocal minority...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 21:06]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:04 - Oct 24 with 6514 viewsBlueBadger

Stupid people and racists get the shafting they thoroughly deserve.

Unfortunately so does everyone else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:05 - Oct 24 with 6512 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:31 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

Have you met our current government?

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:08 - Oct 24 with 6493 viewsHerbivore

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:30 - Oct 24 by hampstead_blue

What utter tosh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:16 - Oct 24 with 6471 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:33 - Oct 24 by hampstead_blue

No Deal is suicide. Should never happen.

Brexit is stupid full stop.

An exercise in foreigner bashing and flag-waving to appease the Tory right wing and make some free-market fundamentalists and disaster capilists even richer at the expense of everyone else.

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:18 - Oct 24 with 6466 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Beware of politicians of whatever shade claiming to act for "the people."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Talking of which, this is rather insane on 22:33 - Oct 24 with 6412 viewseireblue

Crikey, that is awful.
Talking of which, this is rather insane on 07:42 - Oct 25 with 6326 viewsBlueorder

Talking of which, this is rather insane on 19:29 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

Farke ‘n’ hell. What’s happened to us? Everyone’s so angry.

Indeed. We are now a country united by our hatred of one another!
Talking of which, this is rather insane on 07:59 - Oct 25 with 6310 viewsTractorWood

Isn't it a stupid question because the risk exists in reality anyway, therefore the question by proxy is just do you want your favoured Brexit outcome? It's a bit melodramatic for the professor to say he was flabbergasted.

This type of thing underpins lots of peoples guardian bashing. It's well written and at prima facie, totally correct but its naivety and lack of self awarenes means the scope of its appeal is limited.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Careful what you wish for.... on 08:09 - Oct 25 with 6296 viewshampstead_blue

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:03 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

Apparently 55% of the voting population are now lefties living in London.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/remain-55-45-second-referendum-brexit-poll/

As a by the by, this whole clusterf*ck came about due to the Prime Minister at the time trying to appeaase a noisy vocal minority...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 21:06]

Cameron gave us the chance ot leave due to a small minority who it turns out spoke for the majority.

Who would have thought it!

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:09 - Oct 25 with 6194 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for.... on 08:09 - Oct 25 by hampstead_blue

Cameron gave us the chance ot leave due to a small minority who it turns out spoke for the majority.

Who would have thought it!

Nobody really gave much of a toss before 2016 apart from some fringe loons. 'Europe' was routinely well down in voters' lists of concerns at general elections.

Careful what you wish for.... on 07:48 - Oct 26 with 6075 viewsOxford_Blue

Careful what you wish for.... on 19:29 - Oct 24 by bournemouthblue

We leave with No Deal?

But how do you make MPs vote for that?
Careful what you wish for.... on 07:58 - Oct 26 with 6062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Careful what you wish for.... on 07:48 - Oct 26 by Oxford_Blue

You hold a referendum that’s legally binding and not just advisory. And/or at a general election we vote in politicians who are pro-no deal. If no dealers are in the majority publicly, the later should
be easy, then “the people” get what they want through a majority in the HoC.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 8:37]

Careful what you wish for.... on 08:33 - Oct 26 with 6027 viewsHerbivore

Careful what you wish for.... on 07:48 - Oct 26 by Oxford_Blue

You make the referendum legally binding.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:16 - Oct 26 with 5907 viewsgazzer1999

Careful what you wish for.... on 21:09 - Oct 25 by BlueBadger

Nobody really gave much of a toss before 2016 apart from some fringe loons. 'Europe' was routinely well down in voters' lists of concerns at general elections.

I think if you look closer there was always only one reason no party wanted a referendum, they knew that the people would vote out. Confirmed by Juncker this week
Careful what you wish for.... on 22:09 - Oct 26 with 5865 viewsbaxterbasics

From what I’ve seen, even if there is now a majority for remain should we be asked again, there is no general clamour for a second referendum. Only hardcore Europhiles want is to go through all that again.

And if we did, does anyone believe we can just say to the EU “sorry about all the hassle, we’ve changed our minds?” That they would just forgive and forget and things go back to exactly how they were before? Nope. It would be the ultimate humiliation, and Britain would be punished one way or another.

I’m not a ‘no-deal’ headbanger, but we’ve got to see this through now one way or another. The MPs bogging the process down in the hope of eventually revoking are playing a dangerous game.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Careful what you wish for.... on 22:16 - Oct 26 with 5847 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Careful what you wish for.... on 22:09 - Oct 26 by baxterbasics

From what I’ve seen, even if there is now a majority for remain should we be asked again, there is no general clamour for a second referendum. Only hardcore Europhiles want is to go through all that again.

And if we did, does anyone believe we can just say to the EU “sorry about all the hassle, we’ve changed our minds?” That they would just forgive and forget and things go back to exactly how they were before? Nope. It would be the ultimate humiliation, and Britain would be punished one way or another.

I’m not a ‘no-deal’ headbanger, but we’ve got to see this through now one way or another. The MPs bogging the process down in the hope of eventually revoking are playing a dangerous game.

You must live in a bubble and not actually read much on here then.

There is much demand for a referendum on the deal from pretty much anyone other than hardline Brexiteers.

It is only those who want a no deal Brexit that fear the result.

EDIT: As for accepting us back and punishing us, the EU will punish us if we are a competitor (i.e. leave), not if we remain by revoking Article 50.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 22:24]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024