Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? 19:43 - Oct 24 with 3288 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Holy
KVY Woolf Chambers Wilson Garbutt
Nolan Skuse Downes
Jackson Norwood

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:08 - Oct 24 with 2959 viewsKentish_Tractor

I'd agree with you on that.

Would ideally replace Nolan with Huws as Nolan hasn't done anything to convince me he should be starting - but guess startng Huws twice in a week at this stage in his comeback is too risky.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:19 - Oct 24 with 2929 viewsPJH

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:08 - Oct 24 by Kentish_Tractor

I'd agree with you on that.

Would ideally replace Nolan with Huws as Nolan hasn't done anything to convince me he should be starting - but guess startng Huws twice in a week at this stage in his comeback is too risky.

I would rather have Huws than Nolan too but as you say he is not likely to start Wednesday and Saturday.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:23 - Oct 24 with 2932 viewsDubtractor

I think I'd go Judge rather than Nolan. Otherwise I agree with you.

Judge has a lot to prove this season, but I just don't rate Nolan at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:25 - Oct 24 with 2916 viewsPJH

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:23 - Oct 24 by Dubtractor

Yes, that's that settled then-it will not be Huws because he started last night, should not be Nolan, cannot be Dobra so yes, start Judge.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 2896 viewsportmanking

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always sit there waiting for him to make something happen and he never does. It always feels like he plays within himself. He's incredibly one-paced too.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:52 - Oct 24 with 2852 viewsIllinoisblue

at least Nolan knows, somewhat, where the goal is.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:01 - Oct 24 with 2822 viewsWestover

I would give Georgiou a start he has made a difference each time he has come on and IMO deserves a start.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:14 - Oct 24 with 2796 viewssparks

I am not sure I would go Judge ever. He just doesnt deliver- or play to a system and do his job when he isnt delivering.

And I am baffled by the 532 obsession. Every time we play it, we shift to a 4 at some stage in order to get a grip of the game.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:21 - Oct 24 with 2773 viewsBlueBadger

All Judge serves to do at the moment is slow the play. Nolan keeps us more on the front foot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:37 - Oct 24 with 2727 viewsDubtractor

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:21 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

All Judge serves to do at the moment is slow the play. Nolan keeps us more on the front foot.

Don't agree with that at all.

Judge hasn't been good enough, but certainly hasn't slowed our play. If anything he is guilty of trying too much or trying to play the killer ball every time rather than being a bit more considered with his play.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:49 - Oct 24 with 2691 viewsfactual_blue

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 21:21 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

Yeah, but you never go to games and just insult the fans.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 23:44 - Oct 24 with 2580 viewsStokieBlue

352 doesn't seem to work for us - this is clear virtually every time we play it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 00:12 - Oct 25 with 2561 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Holy will get dropped Saturday.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 08:10 - Oct 25 with 2432 viewsKeaneish

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 20:25 - Oct 24 by PJH

Yes, that's that settled then-it will not be Huws because he started last night, should not be Nolan, cannot be Dobra so yes, start Judge.

Yeah i'm with that. Like Nolan as a player but that's a tough choice between him, Judge and Huws. Huws won't start so its a toss up between hi and Judge. Nolan has started both games so i expect Judge to come in. He HAS to take this opportunity and cement a place now surely? Its nearly November!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] Ă‚ÂŁ2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 08:33 - Oct 25 with 2411 viewsStadiumofdark

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 00:12 - Oct 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Holy will get dropped Saturday.

I wondered if that might happen too
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 08:54 - Oct 25 with 2387 viewsGerkensBeard

Dear god if we go 3 at the back against Southend who have conceded over 40 this season we really need to take a long hard look at ourselves
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:15 - Oct 25 with 2359 viewsStokieBlue

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 08:54 - Oct 25 by GerkensBeard

Dear god if we go 3 at the back against Southend who have conceded over 40 this season we really need to take a long hard look at ourselves

Maybe we should go the old CM formation that never lost:

GK
SW
CM CM
AM
LF CF CF CF RF

Southend seem like they might have a bug in their engine as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:27 - Oct 25 with 2344 viewsFootballpete

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 23:44 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

352 doesn't seem to work for us - this is clear virtually every time we play it.

SB

I agree. I don’t think the players are good enough to play it, the three centre backs seem unsure where to be / who to mark.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 2317 viewsGerkensBeard

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:27 - Oct 25 by Footballpete

I agree. I don’t think the players are good enough to play it, the three centre backs seem unsure where to be / who to mark.

That’s another 3-5-2 point that’s spot on. As the ball came over for Accrington’s first the centre half’s didn’t move across and Edwards ended up having 2 on him
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:57 - Oct 25 with 2303 viewsWestcountryblue

I think we've played our most threatening football in a 4-4-2 this season, and would like to see us return to that.

In recent matches we have over complicated selections and tactics unnecessarily to accommodate squad rotation. I'd go with

-------------------Holy-------------------
KVY Woolfenden Chambers Garbutt
Edwards Skuse Downes Georgiou
---------Jackson Norwood-------------

Depending on the situation, i'd then bring on Huws for Downes , Judge for Jackson and Norwood for Keane. All three need game time and i have been far from impressed with Nolan in the last few games.

For me, we have looked toothless going forward in the last 2 games and playing genuine wingers with pace will address this concern.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 2272 viewsitfcjoe

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:47 - Oct 25 by GerkensBeard

That’s another 3-5-2 point that’s spot on. As the ball came over for Accrington’s first the centre half’s didn’t move across and Edwards ended up having 2 on him

It's very difficult to change between 3 and 4 also, you need to be coaching and drilling 3 at the back if that is what you want to play - it's probably the most fundamental change between common formations in football in what it entails for the CBs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 11:31 - Oct 25 with 2232 viewsPilgrimblue

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Westcountryblue

I think we've played our most threatening football in a 4-4-2 this season, and would like to see us return to that.

In recent matches we have over complicated selections and tactics unnecessarily to accommodate squad rotation. I'd go with

Depending on the situation, i'd then bring on Huws for Downes , Judge for Jackson and Norwood for Keane. All three need game time and i have been far from impressed with Nolan in the last few games.

For me, we have looked toothless going forward in the last 2 games and playing genuine wingers with pace will address this concern.

I agree with your first point and would add that changing every week hasn't worked. Team needs to be settled ( like all successful sides) and should only change for injuries etc.

I don't think Holy will keep his place. He's started to get sloppy with his kicks so rest maybe good !

I don't like 352 with what we've got so would either play Wilson at RB or bring in Donacian. That would enable KVY to move up to right mid where I think his future lies. He clearly loves getting forward and would be even more effective higher up the pitch. His goals have put him ahead of anyone else in an attacking role.
I'm also getting less sure about Jackson. Apart from running what else! I'd try Roberts whose not without skills and has shown he can score good goals. Keane needs more time in U23 and cups, otherwise I'd look at Brown. Sears can't come back soon enough!
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 11:33 - Oct 25 with 2226 viewsBigManBlue

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Westcountryblue

As long as everyone is fit, this all day long.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 11:37 - Oct 25 with 2216 viewsPJH

Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 11:33 - Oct 25 by BigManBlue

As long as everyone is fit, this all day long.

If everyone was fit I would not have Edwards in the 18.

He probably will not be after whenever he next gets on the pitch because he will be suspended.
Team is nailed on for Saturday isnt it? on 11:43 - Oct 25 with 2197 viewsTractorCam

It should be this, although I reckon Judge will be in the 'number 10' rather than Nolan

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024