Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Georgiou 12:24 - Oct 25 with 3237 viewsagravenor

Anyone else think he deserves a start? Always a game changer for me, just doesn't get enough minutes to make a huge impact. Could terrify a defence like Southend's
Georgiou on 12:27 - Oct 25 with 3222 viewsSuperblue95

A strike force of Conor Sammon and Leon Best would terrify their defence

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Georgiou on 12:36 - Oct 25 with 3204 viewsagravenor

Georgiou on 12:27 - Oct 25 by Superblue95

A strike force of Conor Sammon and Leon Best would terrify their defence

Hahaha. Or maybe even Alan Judge as a target man...?
Georgiou on 12:46 - Oct 25 with 3180 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Always a game changer"? How many games has he changed so far?

I get that he has skill and can beat a man but he hasn't yet had that much impact. These attributes are always going to be better against a tiring team than at the start of a match too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Georgiou on 12:54 - Oct 25 with 3159 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was good against Wimbledon.

He is very predictable, always goes on to his left.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Georgiou on 13:06 - Oct 25 with 3132 viewsGlasgowBlue

Georgiou on 12:46 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I get that he has skill and can beat a man but he hasn't yet had that much impact. These attributes are always going to be better against a tiring team than at the start of a match too.

Wimbledon.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Georgiou on 13:21 - Oct 25 with 3084 viewsagravenor

In my opinion he always changes the pace of the game and our directness when he comes on. Given more time im certain he would create more chances than we currently do

We actually started getting the ball in the box when he came on on Wednesday night
Georgiou on 13:26 - Oct 25 with 3068 viewsagravenor

Georgiou on 12:54 - Oct 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

But he gets past his man more often than not! Also has a nice change of direction on him if needs be
Georgiou on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 3059 viewsmonty_radio

Georgiou on 12:54 - Oct 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

............ except when he goes to his right.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Georgiou on 13:38 - Oct 25 with 3044 viewsN2_Blue

Absolutely. Has an impact every time he comes on, don't agree with other posters saying he has yet to make an impact.
Basically turned the game against wimbedon as was by far our best player against Rotherham on Weds, he looked really lively and the only time Rotherham had any threat to deal with.
Rowe was anonymous Weds, so i'd def have Georgiou ahead of Rowe now for selection, at least to see what he can do

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Georgiou on 14:34 - Oct 25 with 2962 viewssuffolkpoker

no but a good impact player. Especially with tired legs

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Georgiou on 14:58 - Oct 25 with 2929 viewsN2_Blue

Georgiou on 14:34 - Oct 25 by suffolkpoker

no but a good impact player. Especially with tired legs

How do you know he's only an impact player when he has't been given a start. Fair enough when the team was winning but after 2 defeats, awful defeats at that, surely now is the time to give him a start and see what he can do

Georgiou on 15:04 - Oct 25 with 2915 viewsagravenor

Georgiou on 14:58 - Oct 25 by N2_Blue

How do you know he's only an impact player when he has't been given a start. Fair enough when the team was winning but after 2 defeats, awful defeats at that, surely now is the time to give him a start and see what he can do

That's what I think! he's only an impact player because he's not getting the minutes!

If he was given 90 minutes he may have an impact for the full game!!
Georgiou on 15:06 - Oct 25 with 2906 viewsHerbivore

I'm unconvinced. I like him but he's a one trick pony as he has no right foot. He rarely beats the man as such, he makes half a yard but then too often takes another touch and loses the space again. Lots of times he's worked that half a yard and then not put the ball in or had a shot and the opportunity has then gone. His end product is definitely an issue. He's good at winning corners but we have nobody capable of beating the first man once we've won them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Georgiou on 15:10 - Oct 25 with 2893 viewsWestover

Ive been saying that he should start for a few weeks now he has got to be better than Judge.
Georgiou on 15:28 - Oct 25 with 2858 viewsN2_Blue

Georgiou on 15:06 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

I'm unconvinced. I like him but he's a one trick pony as he has no right foot. He rarely beats the man as such, he makes half a yard but then too often takes another touch and loses the space again. Lots of times he's worked that half a yard and then not put the ball in or had a shot and the opportunity has then gone. His end product is definitely an issue. He's good at winning corners but we have nobody capable of beating the first man once we've won them.

So you've decided he's a one trick pony based on how many minutes of watching him play this season?Odd. In two 45 minute displays he has been voted Town's best player.
Tell me what Danny Rowe's or Alan Judge's end product has been recently?
I just think he deserves a start or two, if he delivers nothing or has no impact then fair enough leave him on the bench but he deserves a chance

Georgiou on 15:33 - Oct 25 with 2845 viewsagravenor

Georgiou on 15:28 - Oct 25 by N2_Blue

So you've decided he's a one trick pony based on how many minutes of watching him play this season?Odd. In two 45 minute displays he has been voted Town's best player.
I just think he deserves a start or two, if he delivers nothing or has no impact then fair enough leave him on the bench but he deserves a chance

He was on for 30 minutes on Wednesday, changed the pace of the game and got the ball into the box more than anyone else did the whole game. Also won us a few corners.
Georgiou on 15:35 - Oct 25 with 2836 viewsHerbivore

I've not said anything about Judge or Rowe, neither of whom have done much (although neither have really occupied Georgiou's preferred position either so not sure of the relevance here).

My assessment is based on what I've seen of him. I like what he offers to an extent, he wants the ball and gives us an outlet and he stays wide which gives us shape and width. I stand by the negatives I've seen as well. Presumably you're making a judgement that he deserves a start on a similarly limited viewing of him? What makes you think it's legitimate to write off my assessment of him on the basis of him having limited chances whilst you are advancing a different assessment of him having similarly only seen him a limited number of times?

I respect the view that he should be given a chance even if I have reservations about his effectiveness.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 15:37]

Georgiou on 16:28 - Oct 25 with 2774 viewsJohnny_Boy

Erm...Wimbledon for starters?
Georgiou on 16:40 - Oct 25 with 2765 viewsHerbivore

Georgiou on 16:28 - Oct 25 by Johnny_Boy

Erm...Wimbledon for starters?

I think Jackson coming on and us going 4-4-2 was the bigger game changer in fairness. Georgiou played well when he came on though, definitely gave us a lift.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 17:14]

Georgiou on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 2735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Georgiou on 13:21 - Oct 25 by agravenor

In my opinion he always changes the pace of the game and our directness when he comes on. Given more time im certain he would create more chances than we currently do

We actually started getting the ball in the box when he came on on Wednesday night

Wasn't the way I saw it on Wednesday. We didn't get the ball into the box aside from the first 5 minutes, one ball from Edwards when there was no Town player in there and the final 5 minutes. I will check the highlights to see if my memory simply fails me but Georgiou looked to keep possession and beat his man but didn't actually create chances.

I do agree we had something different in that he was prepared to take players on and he offered us some width but he didn't really give us the threat we needed. I think the bigger problem was that we didn't have a proper grip on the midfield generally. They were quicker to the ball and we were too slow with our passing generally.

Would love to see him start and prove me wrong but don't feel convinced from what I have seen so far.

Georgiou on 18:51 - Oct 25 with 2676 viewsAlexwaddell

Hear Hear. I think he is a game changer and should be played from the start, he is seldom "out muscled" unlike the others

Poll: What was today?

Georgiou on 18:54 - Oct 25 with 2669 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Georgiou on 18:51 - Oct 25 by Alexwaddell

Hear Hear. I think he is a game changer and should be played from the start, he is seldom "out muscled" unlike the others

That bit is true. He doesn't lose possession as easily as most seem to.

Georgiou on 19:01 - Oct 25 with 2661 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Georgiou on 17:11 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wasn't the way I saw it on Wednesday. We didn't get the ball into the box aside from the first 5 minutes, one ball from Edwards when there was no Town player in there and the final 5 minutes. I will check the highlights to see if my memory simply fails me but Georgiou looked to keep possession and beat his man but didn't actually create chances.

I do agree we had something different in that he was prepared to take players on and he offered us some width but he didn't really give us the threat we needed. I think the bigger problem was that we didn't have a proper grip on the midfield generally. They were quicker to the ball and we were too slow with our passing generally.

Would love to see him start and prove me wrong but don't feel convinced from what I have seen so far.

Just watched the highlights and still don't see this getting it into the box. He took the corner that Skuse had a header under pressure at the end but aside from that I can't see him getting the ball in the box for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024