Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a game that was!!! 11:00 - Oct 26 with 2862 viewsurbanblue

Just brilliant England
What a game that was!!! on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 2832 viewsGuthrum

Outstanding performance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a game that was!!! on 11:09 - Oct 26 with 2824 viewsGuthrum

Probably the cleanest game of the entire tournament, too. Minimal indiscipline on either side.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a game that was!!! on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 2817 viewsbritbiker

Probably the best overall performance from England that I have seen. Wasn't a single minute when we were not in control.

Also nice that all the Wales and Ireland fans that were shouting for New Zealand had to witness it :-).
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 11:13]
What a game that was!!! on 11:15 - Oct 26 with 2798 viewsRomeo4

Even the points NZ scored were gifted by England. A completely dominant display against a top, top side. So impressive. Roll on next Saturday. A performance with similar intensity and we’ll be champions.
What a game that was!!! on 11:18 - Oct 26 with 2772 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a game that was!!! on 11:09 - Oct 26 by Guthrum

Probably the cleanest game of the entire tournament, too. Minimal indiscipline on either side.

It’ll be back to normal with the Boks tomorrow.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What a game that was!!! on 11:18 - Oct 26 with 2776 viewsurbanblue

What a game that was!!! on 11:15 - Oct 26 by Romeo4

Even the points NZ scored were gifted by England. A completely dominant display against a top, top side. So impressive. Roll on next Saturday. A performance with similar intensity and we’ll be champions.

Very unlucky with the second disallowed try as well. Could easily have been a much more comprehensive scoreline.
What a game that was!!! on 11:30 - Oct 26 with 2721 viewsRyorry

Fantastic spirit it was played in too; loved how both sides formed tunnels at the end to clap each other off, classy - wish football would learn from that.

NZ as ever, generous in their response to getting beat. If England ever have to suffer defeats, I'd rather it was to them than any other team.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What a game that was!!! on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 2701 viewsDarth_Koont

Enjoyed that. While it's always enjoyable to see Eddie Jones get beaten, the England players fully deserved the win.

They were phenomenal in defence and showed how they could use the defence to turn the screw on NZ and keep them on the front foot with territory. Underhill and Curry were outstanding.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

What a game that was!!! on 11:45 - Oct 26 with 2686 viewsPendejo

Never been a fan of rugger, didn't even watch 2003 final, but did watch every minute of that completely immersed and "involved" in the way I do watching football.

Is it my imagination or is union more like league now, more running less ruck and maul?

Shame gifted them points.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What a game that was!!! on 11:47 - Oct 26 with 2675 viewsNthQldITFC

Best performance I've ever seen in fifteens. England took control from the off and never let go. Responded to every minor setback perfectly. Tactically, physically and mentally dominated the second best team in the world. Brilliant.

Nearly as good as a game of Rugby League!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What a game that was!!! on 11:52 - Oct 26 with 2654 viewsbritbiker

What a game that was!!! on 11:47 - Oct 26 by NthQldITFC

Best performance I've ever seen in fifteens. England took control from the off and never let go. Responded to every minor setback perfectly. Tactically, physically and mentally dominated the second best team in the world. Brilliant.

Nearly as good as a game of Rugby League!

See the rugby league was on bbc at the same time. Love it when there are tours abroad abd games are on Tv at a time that doesnt affect me going to fottie
What a game that was!!! on 11:54 - Oct 26 with 2635 viewsfactual_blue

What a game that was!!! on 11:18 - Oct 26 by urbanblue

Very unlucky with the second disallowed try as well. Could easily have been a much more comprehensive scoreline.

Sh!t TMOs, we only get sh!t TMOs...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What a game that was!!! on 12:07 - Oct 26 with 2596 viewssolemio

I've been watching England's Rugby Union team (proper rugby) since 1955, and I really do believe that that was the best and most complete performance in those 64 years.

So many wonderful individual performances, such superb team discipline.

Special bows for Maro Itoje, Sam Underhill, Mako Vunipola, Watson, Ford, Jamie George, Youngs … well, almost everybody really. Such fine players on the bench; I reckon Kruise would start for almost any other team in the world.
What a game that was!!! on 12:14 - Oct 26 with 2576 viewsFtnfwest

Itoje and Underhill were huge there but all of them played a blinder really. The start was crucial, you have to put them on the back foot and then keep it going. Well reffed Nigel, the Ben youngs try was definitely good but he couldn't really go against the SA TMOs view I guess.
What a game that was!!! on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 2554 viewsFtnfwest

What a game that was!!! on 11:11 - Oct 26 by britbiker

Probably the best overall performance from England that I have seen. Wasn't a single minute when we were not in control.

Also nice that all the Wales and Ireland fans that were shouting for New Zealand had to witness it :-).
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 11:13]

And Japanese slightly bizarrely. I think we'd have been supporting them against NZ if it had happened.
What a game that was!!! on 12:18 - Oct 26 with 2547 viewsDarth_Koont

What a game that was!!! on 12:14 - Oct 26 by Ftnfwest

Itoje and Underhill were huge there but all of them played a blinder really. The start was crucial, you have to put them on the back foot and then keep it going. Well reffed Nigel, the Ben youngs try was definitely good but he couldn't really go against the SA TMOs view I guess.

No, Curry was ahead and ran into the AB defenders so clearly the right call.

I think they got all the TMOs spot on. Not just the disallowed tries but Slade's shoulder hit. But I agree Owens reffed the rest of the game really well too.

What a game that was!!! on 12:23 - Oct 26 with 2527 viewsFtnfwest

What a game that was!!! on 12:18 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

No, Curry was ahead and ran into the AB defenders so clearly the right call.

I think they got all the TMOs spot on. Not just the disallowed tries but Slade's shoulder hit. But I agree Owens reffed the rest of the game really well too.

Didnt think jamie let go though but there we go. I was convinced slade would be sent off a couple of minutes later though
What a game that was!!! on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 2506 viewsDarth_Koont

What a game that was!!! on 12:23 - Oct 26 by Ftnfwest

Didnt think jamie let go though but there we go. I was convinced slade would be sent off a couple of minutes later though

Sorry - was getting the tries mixed up.

George or whoever was at the back of the ruck definitely lost control after Retallick ripped. If it's fielded or regathered by the player ahead then that's not allowed.

What a game that was!!! on 12:58 - Oct 26 with 2452 viewsMoriarty

Well done England. Hope Wales join you in the final.

fka omuircheartaigh

What a game that was!!! on 13:01 - Oct 26 with 2442 viewsRyorry

What a game that was!!! on 12:58 - Oct 26 by Moriarty

Well done England. Hope Wales join you in the final.

Likewise - that'd really be something!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What a game that was!!! on 05:55 - Oct 28 with 2156 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

What a game that was!!! on 12:16 - Oct 26 by Ftnfwest

And Japanese slightly bizarrely. I think we'd have been supporting them against NZ if it had happened.

The Japanese 2nd rugby team is the All Blacks. It's a cultural country wide thing. Something to do with similar outlook on life, time zones, etc..........

I'm pretty sure with Eddie in charge they will switch their allegiances to England now.

Can't believe I managed to get a ticket and flights sorted ......... these next 5 days are gonna drag somewhat!
What a game that was!!! on 07:49 - Oct 28 with 2098 viewsIpswichKnight

What a game that was!!! on 11:45 - Oct 26 by Pendejo

Never been a fan of rugger, didn't even watch 2003 final, but did watch every minute of that completely immersed and "involved" in the way I do watching football.

Is it my imagination or is union more like league now, more running less ruck and maul?

Shame gifted them points.

Depends who you watch, the Wales v South Africa match as a ruck fest and totally dire to watch as a spectacle.

South Africa will do more of the same v England multiple phases then kick the ball away and try and win it back deep into England territory. They will want lots of set pieces as well, interesting fact from the Kiwi game only 7 scrums in the whole match, England are not a massive set piece side now from scrums they use them to launch the backs ( very much like how NZ play ) plus also all of Englands forwards are comfortable with the ball .

England will look to tire South Africa out with lots of phases and quick rucks drag the South Africans all over the pitch and rack up the penalties when they come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024