Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to get back to winning ways 17:01 - Oct 26 with 1628 viewsBluefish

Norwood makes such a difference and possibly a best game for Jackson. I thought Garbutt played well with the spotlight on him at lb.

Edwards is truly atrocious and should not play again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:01 - Oct 26 with 1475 viewsDarth_Koont

Solid performance by the team and the front two pressured a weak defence well and got their reward.

But the left midfield/winger and right midfield/winger role don't look at all sorted. Both Rowe and Edwards have their moments but just don't seem to be able to help us maintain possession or any rhythm.

They work hard so not sure it hurts us defensively but I think the key to getting us playing well is getting players who are more comfortable keeping the ball and linking up with their teammates. Neither could keep the ball long enough for Garbutt or KVY to get in the game and show their attacking ability.

And that's in a 442 when a lot of the time we've been playing with wingbacks which they're even less suited to.

Maybe something to sort out in January?

Pronouns: He/Him

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:08 - Oct 26 with 1433 viewspointofblue

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:01 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

Solid performance by the team and the front two pressured a weak defence well and got their reward.

But the left midfield/winger and right midfield/winger role don't look at all sorted. Both Rowe and Edwards have their moments but just don't seem to be able to help us maintain possession or any rhythm.

They work hard so not sure it hurts us defensively but I think the key to getting us playing well is getting players who are more comfortable keeping the ball and linking up with their teammates. Neither could keep the ball long enough for Garbutt or KVY to get in the game and show their attacking ability.

And that's in a 442 when a lot of the time we've been playing with wingbacks which they're even less suited to.

Georgiou might be a solution though I don’t think he can play on the right? I still support the idea of returning to the Kenlock/Garbutt combination on the left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:11 - Oct 26 with 1418 viewsGeoffSentence

So far as I can see Jackson is much better when Norwood is in the team with him.

When Norwood was playing but not scoring, things were happening for Jackson. When Norwood was out, Jacky was feeding off scraps.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:40 - Oct 26 with 1328 viewsJDB23

Yeah good 3 points, Jackson and Norwood both getting on the score sheet is probably the biggest positive from today.

Sears/Lankester can't come back soon enough. Suspect we may give Ward a deal too but not sure how far off from being able to train he is.
Good to get back to winning ways on 18:45 - Oct 26 with 1308 viewsjeera

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:01 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

What's the deal with Rowe?

He was played behind the front two the other night and was criticized despite - as someone said - him playing that role at Lincoln well.

So today he's back on the wing yet still fails to impress.

I've seen time and again on here that he's played badly but then been missed when not playing. Is he up to it or not?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good to get back to winning ways on 19:05 - Oct 26 with 1251 viewsHullblue

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:45 - Oct 26 by jeera

What's the deal with Rowe?

He was played behind the front two the other night and was criticized despite - as someone said - him playing that role at Lincoln well.

So today he's back on the wing yet still fails to impress.

I've seen time and again on here that he's played badly but then been missed when not playing. Is he up to it or not?

I actually thought he did well at times today. He came inside to help us keep the ball - something we often struggle with - and looked tidy. His final ball wasn’t great, but he contributed to us controlling the game. 7/10, would pick again.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Good to get back to winning ways on 19:11 - Oct 26 with 1205 viewsjeera

Good to get back to winning ways on 19:05 - Oct 26 by Hullblue

I actually thought he did well at times today. He came inside to help us keep the ball - something we often struggle with - and looked tidy. His final ball wasn’t great, but he contributed to us controlling the game. 7/10, would pick again.

Fair enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good to get back to winning ways on 19:16 - Oct 26 with 1182 viewsDarth_Koont

Good to get back to winning ways on 18:08 - Oct 26 by pointofblue

Georgiou might be a solution though I don’t think he can play on the right? I still support the idea of returning to the Kenlock/Garbutt combination on the left.

You might be right.

Not convinced about Kenlock but Garbutt seems better as an LM if he wasn't covering for a gap at LB. Long term I think Nydam solves a lot of our problems on the left-hand side. But I hope it's something we can sort out this season.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024