Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window 21:22 - Oct 26 with 3481 viewsCokeIsKey

It's a bit early, but what positions do you reckon we need to fill? A defensively solid left-back would be very useful so Garbutt could play further forward, and also a right-winger since Rowe and Edwards aren't always reliable.

If Evans was really generous then we could also use a right-back (KVY seems to be injured often and Donacien can't attack) and a left-footed center-back so we can play 3-5-2.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 21:26]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

January transfer window on 21:41 - Oct 26 with 2946 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ahead of all those I would put defensive midfield cover for Downes. For all the midfielders we have I am not sure we have anyone for that role.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

January transfer window on 21:47 - Oct 26 with 2934 viewsColchesterBlue1985

If we are playing Edwards at full back then that shows alarmingly where we are short of options.

Clear out some of those squad players Roberts Donacien kenlock Nsiala.

Replace those 4 with a Chris makin type full back who can cover right back or left back.
January transfer window on 22:09 - Oct 26 with 2889 viewsdavblue

January transfer window on 21:41 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ahead of all those I would put defensive midfield cover for Downes. For all the midfielders we have I am not sure we have anyone for that role.

A ball player in the middle of the park would be good, left winger, a proper target man all positions that need filling imo over the next year.
January transfer window on 22:25 - Oct 26 with 2834 viewsArnieM

Not sure about us getting anyone in, Im more afraid of losing some of our best youngsters. Eg Woolfie, KVY and Downes.

But what I would do is send some out on loan ( Dozzell, Donacian), Dobi, ) ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

January transfer window on 22:34 - Oct 26 with 2810 viewstonydinning

Creative centre midfielder

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

January transfer window on 23:51 - Oct 26 with 2720 viewsBlueForYou

Need another goal scoring striker! We need goals when Norwood doesn’t play. Hopefully Sears & Lankester can provide this soon. Not very confident in Keane’s goal scoring ability.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 0:09]
January transfer window on 02:56 - Oct 27 with 2613 viewswkj

I would be surprised to see anything in January in all honesty, maybe a loan to replace George, but I still think we need to offload Judge, if he has any quality left in him, his head isn't here with us.

In an ideal world a CB who can cover RB would be ideal, possibly swap KVY for Perry NG.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 2:57]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

January transfer window on 03:05 - Oct 27 with 2606 viewsOwainG1992

Going to be more about outgoing rather than in comings for me.
Especially if we can get the likes of Sears, Morris and Lankaster back fit for the 2nd half of the season.
I expect players like Dobra might go out on loan to say a colchester.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window on 03:18 - Oct 27 with 2597 viewsjeera

January transfer window on 03:05 - Oct 27 by OwainG1992

Going to be more about outgoing rather than in comings for me.
Especially if we can get the likes of Sears, Morris and Lankaster back fit for the 2nd half of the season.
I expect players like Dobra might go out on loan to say a colchester.

Quite. We've had quantity over quality for too long and now have some decent players worth holding onto.

It would be good to let half a dozen go in Jan if they could be replaced with a couple of missing links.

I know wkj was half-joking when he suggests NG but KVY is versatile so that wouldn't be a bad target at all.

Georgiou and Garbutt are on loan so not to be considered long term anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

January transfer window on 07:46 - Oct 27 with 2462 viewsitfc_bucks

January transfer window on 03:18 - Oct 27 by jeera

Quite. We've had quantity over quality for too long and now have some decent players worth holding onto.

It would be good to let half a dozen go in Jan if they could be replaced with a couple of missing links.

I know wkj was half-joking when he suggests NG but KVY is versatile so that wouldn't be a bad target at all.

Georgiou and Garbutt are on loan so not to be considered long term anyway.

I'd consider having a polite chat with Everton and trying to make Garbs' stay permanent.
January transfer window on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 2385 viewsChurchman75

Whilst we hit it long for an outlet, we need a Daryl Murphy type player

Even - Murphy himself, he's getting on but could be the difference between bringing the team into the game and scoring enough goals for promotion ...

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

January transfer window on 09:01 - Oct 27 with 2375 viewsHerbivore

I think it's unlikely we'll add anyone to be honest. Our squad is massive for this level and we've got a few coming back from injury as well. I've seen a few people suggesting another CM, I find that absolutely bonkers when we've already got about six CMs (at least) pushing for two or three places in the team. Wide areas are where we're lacking if we go up, need some more quality there, but for League 1 this squad is more than good enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

January transfer window on 09:03 - Oct 27 with 2368 viewsBluefish

You don't have to sign players in every window. I would rather. We focus on Norwood type scouting for the summer. Evans is already bankrolling us out of this league, we shouldn't demand that he spends for the sake of it. Getting some money for Donacien, Nsiala and Edwards might allow us to bring in replacements

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

January transfer window on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 2359 viewsDubtractor

Not sure we desperately need more players really, more likely to shift some out, but it would be useful to have another physical option up front to alternate with Norwood.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

January transfer window on 09:18 - Oct 27 with 2338 viewsBluefish

January transfer window on 09:09 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

Not sure we desperately need more players really, more likely to shift some out, but it would be useful to have another physical option up front to alternate with Norwood.

That is what we are spending big money on Will Keane for, we just need him match fit, the lack of pre season and the stop start is going against him.

January transfer window on 09:19 - Oct 27 with 2337 viewsDubtractor

January transfer window on 09:18 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

That is what we are spending big money on Will Keane for, we just need him match fit, the lack of pre season and the stop start is going against him.

He isn't really a physical player though - hardly challenged for a header all night against Rotherham.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

January transfer window on 09:21 - Oct 27 with 2334 viewsBluefish

January transfer window on 09:19 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

He isn't really a physical player though - hardly challenged for a header all night against Rotherham.

He is a hold up player and physically big, he is just miles off being match fit. He is more a replacement for Norwood not Jackson

January transfer window on 09:29 - Oct 27 with 2314 viewsbrogansnose

January transfer window on 09:01 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

I think it's unlikely we'll add anyone to be honest. Our squad is massive for this level and we've got a few coming back from injury as well. I've seen a few people suggesting another CM, I find that absolutely bonkers when we've already got about six CMs (at least) pushing for two or three places in the team. Wide areas are where we're lacking if we go up, need some more quality there, but for League 1 this squad is more than good enough.

What you say.

We've got Sears and Lankester to come back for a start and quite frankly with this squad PL should get us promoted. Why pay over the odds in January.
January transfer window on 09:29 - Oct 27 with 2314 viewsWickets

January transfer window on 09:21 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

He is a hold up player and physically big, he is just miles off being match fit. He is more a replacement for Norwood not Jackson

Keane needs time you are right hopefully he can keep fit and get match fit as it takes some players quite a while to get back to speed . Remember Chris Wood on loan here under MM just look at him now .
January transfer window on 09:34 - Oct 27 with 2298 viewsWickets

Dont think there will be much coming in . I agree sometime we are going to need at least one quality left sided defender left sided but might take time but i am sure we are looking .
January transfer window on 09:50 - Oct 27 with 2260 viewsGaryCooper

A replacement for Keane, waste of a wage, we can do better.
January transfer window on 11:09 - Oct 27 with 2191 viewsGaryCooper

January transfer window on 09:50 - Oct 27 by GaryCooper

A replacement for Keane, waste of a wage, we can do better.

Some things never change, the regular stalker downvote from a football know nothing, one who believed that Norwood was not good enough.
January transfer window on 11:16 - Oct 27 with 2162 viewsjeera

January transfer window on 07:46 - Oct 27 by itfc_bucks

I'd consider having a polite chat with Everton and trying to make Garbs' stay permanent.

Would suit us, but may depend on how their season maps out.

But yes I guess so. They should be safe enough with the bottom 3 being so poor it's unlikely they'll be storming the table any time soon so Garbut may well become available.

It would be good to finally have a half-decent settled side.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

January transfer window on 11:23 - Oct 27 with 2140 viewsstrikalite

January transfer window on 08:52 - Oct 27 by Churchman75

Whilst we hit it long for an outlet, we need a Daryl Murphy type player

Even - Murphy himself, he's getting on but could be the difference between bringing the team into the game and scoring enough goals for promotion ...

Murphy would have been a good cheap option imo, we lose Norwood we're suddenly struggling, think he'd have loved coming back here for another season, knows the Club, decent Pro,kept himself in good condition and in League One he'd still be a threat..
January transfer window on 12:02 - Oct 27 with 2080 viewsWickets

January transfer window on 11:23 - Oct 27 by strikalite

Murphy would have been a good cheap option imo, we lose Norwood we're suddenly struggling, think he'd have loved coming back here for another season, knows the Club, decent Pro,kept himself in good condition and in League One he'd still be a threat..

As he scored for Bolton last game out ! he sure would .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024