Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion 00:09 - Oct 27 with 8438 viewsOwainG1992

There were times last season he looked one of our best players.
He does have his quiet days but I'm surprised how poor hes looked when playing for us this season so far.
Was a player I expected big things from this season.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Gwion on 00:39 - Oct 27 with 4993 viewshatch

I was stuck in the home end amongst that vocal lot near the Away fans today with a mate - it was horrendous.

Anyway, from my view i thought Edwards was woeful apart from his one mazy run and shot past the post second half. Gave the ball away constantly today. As you say, I’d love to see him succeed but he just seems to have lost all touch/confidence.
Gwion on 00:41 - Oct 27 with 4977 viewsDublinBlue84

Gwion on 00:39 - Oct 27 by hatch

I was stuck in the home end amongst that vocal lot near the Away fans today with a mate - it was horrendous.

Anyway, from my view i thought Edwards was woeful apart from his one mazy run and shot past the post second half. Gave the ball away constantly today. As you say, I’d love to see him succeed but he just seems to have lost all touch/confidence.

Edwards was awful, pretty much everyone around me was hoping that he would get subbed.

Got nothing against the lad but he gives the ball away too often, his touch has gone and his confidence is shot and he looks a very much shadow of the player he was when he first signed.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Gwion on 00:47 - Oct 27 with 4961 viewshatch

Gwion on 00:41 - Oct 27 by DublinBlue84

Edwards was awful, pretty much everyone around me was hoping that he would get subbed.

Got nothing against the lad but he gives the ball away too often, his touch has gone and his confidence is shot and he looks a very much shadow of the player he was when he first signed.

When I saw Judge warming up I said to my mate ‘watch them pull off our number 7 now’, and then Rowe went off. Very surprising.

Pleased to see Judge put in more of a shift today
Gwion on 00:52 - Oct 27 with 4942 viewsstrikalite

Gwion on 00:41 - Oct 27 by DublinBlue84

His touch isn't good enough, he doesn't have close control and he overruns the ball, when he is given space it isn't too obvious.....and it has nothing to do with form or confidence..
Gwion on 00:52 - Oct 27 with 4947 viewstractorshark

This happened to him at Crawley. Very good at the start, then very inconsistent. Very much a confidence player. He’s not Championship quality but can probably hack it at League One level. And he’s certainly not a wing-back. His defending is shocking.
Reminds me a little of Paul Anderson. Edwards has a bit more flair about him but Anderson was far more effective. But both lack the confidence or bravery to regularly beat defenders.
Gwion on 04:26 - Oct 27 with 4805 viewsTractorWood

Gwion on 00:52 - Oct 27 by strikalite

His touch isn't good enough, he doesn't have close control and he overruns the ball, when he is given space it isn't too obvious.....and it has nothing to do with form or confidence..

He just looked a bit brainless. Lots of endeavour but there's no method in the madness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Gwion on 06:54 - Oct 27 with 4695 viewsbrogansnose

Can we just not buy anyone else off Barry Fry ?
Gwion on 06:56 - Oct 27 with 4687 viewsBluefish

He was crap last season too. Very much a Walcott type player that has made a career based on pace alone, his touch yesterday was abysmal. I said last season that he was a lot of our problem under Hurst, we were carrying him while he stood out on the touchline waiting until he could run fast. In my opinion we have so many wide/no 10 options that he is about 9th choice so hopefully we won't see him again
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 6:57]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Gwion on 07:04 - Oct 27 with 4650 viewsKeaneish

He overran the ball several times in the first half and stumbled into the ground. If PL wasn't adopting a stringent rotation policy, i think he would suffer the same fate as Kenlock. Georgiou looks a far superior player at the moment.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Gwion on 08:15 - Oct 27 with 4483 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Gwion on 06:56 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

He was crap last season too. Very much a Walcott type player that has made a career based on pace alone, his touch yesterday was abysmal. I said last season that he was a lot of our problem under Hurst, we were carrying him while he stood out on the touchline waiting until he could run fast. In my opinion we have so many wide/no 10 options that he is about 9th choice so hopefully we won't see him again
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 6:57]

But he did a Cruyff turn once.....the end!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Gwion on 08:36 - Oct 27 with 4400 viewsjas0999

Edwards and Rowe just don’t look good enough.
Gwion on 08:40 - Oct 27 with 4388 viewsPJH

Gwion on 08:36 - Oct 27 by jas0999

Edwards and Rowe just don’t look good enough.

I thought Rowe looked good at Burton but has disappointed since and Edwards, for me, has never looked good enough.

Only surprise with Edwards yesterday was that he did not make one of his usual tackles and therefore did not get booked.
Gwion on 08:57 - Oct 27 with 4302 viewsBluefish

Gwion on 08:40 - Oct 27 by PJH

I thought Rowe looked good at Burton but has disappointed since and Edwards, for me, has never looked good enough.

Only surprise with Edwards yesterday was that he did not make one of his usual tackles and therefore did not get booked.

Some refs would have given him a red for the 2 foot slip in the box. Think it was accidental though

Gwion on 08:58 - Oct 27 with 4303 viewsPilgrimblue

Gwion on 08:40 - Oct 27 by PJH

Thought Edwards was very poor and his only outlet was to pass back. Just hoping that Dobra gets back soon and that we sign a better left sided attacker in window.
Rowe was better, at least he tries but good to see Judge stepping up.
Gwion on 09:01 - Oct 27 with 4293 viewsMullet

He and we are another victim of Hurst's terrible recruitment. There's talent there, but he's been blighted by injury like so many of our squad. He's clearly not developed evenly because of that.

Coupled with the fact he's got Lambert trying to reinvent him and I think we'll see him go the way of Ward. At Posh he had a set pattern of play and strikers who knew where they wanted the ball etc.

Strikes me that like nearly all the players we signed last summer this is their level to thrive, and with a bit of confidence in a settled side they could be serviceable in the Championship.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Gwion on 09:02 - Oct 27 with 4283 viewsWD19

Looks like Lee Martin without the pace at the moment.
Gwion on 09:04 - Oct 27 with 4272 viewsBluefish

Gwion on 09:01 - Oct 27 by Mullet

He and we are another victim of Hurst's terrible recruitment. There's talent there, but he's been blighted by injury like so many of our squad. He's clearly not developed evenly because of that.

Coupled with the fact he's got Lambert trying to reinvent him and I think we'll see him go the way of Ward. At Posh he had a set pattern of play and strikers who knew where they wanted the ball etc.

Strikes me that like nearly all the players we signed last summer this is their level to thrive, and with a bit of confidence in a settled side they could be serviceable in the Championship.

When you say talent you mean he can run fast? Appalling touch

Gwion on 09:06 - Oct 27 with 4269 viewsDubtractor

Gwion on 09:02 - Oct 27 by WD19

Looks like Lee Martin without the pace at the moment.

I'd say Martin without the skill personally, but there are definite similarities. Neither actually do much with the attributes they have.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gwion on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 4240 viewsMullet

Gwion on 09:04 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

When you say talent you mean he can run fast? Appalling touch

No, he can put in a delivery, but we keep rotating the team and strike force so it's clear why they don't always come off. Better players than him are struggling with that too. He's also now in a team where he can't shoot from distance/early which would benefit someone like Jackson who has scored 3 or 4 now following in shots.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Gwion on 09:11 - Oct 27 with 4225 viewsBluefish

Gwion on 09:09 - Oct 27 by Mullet

No, he can put in a delivery, but we keep rotating the team and strike force so it's clear why they don't always come off. Better players than him are struggling with that too. He's also now in a team where he can't shoot from distance/early which would benefit someone like Jackson who has scored 3 or 4 now following in shots.

The occasional flashes don't cancel out carrying him through games.

Gwion on 09:26 - Oct 27 with 4176 viewsstrikalite

Gwion on 09:09 - Oct 27 by Mullet

He does look a totally different player from when he was at Posh, on the break especially he was fast and direct, it's for that reason why he's here we shouldn't forget that, but he suffered a serious injury and although came back from that he was never the same player, Peterboro have this habit of selling a good player having had the absolute best out of them..
Gwion on 09:28 - Oct 27 with 4176 viewsStokieBlue

Unfortunately he very poor and shouldn't be anywhere near the team. It's a worry that he's starting ahead of Georgiou really.

As an aside, he's also a walking time bomb. In every match he comes in with a horrendously late tackle on someone (yesterday it was after about 5 minutes) and he's going to see red soon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Gwion on 10:23 - Oct 27 with 4064 viewsGarv

Gwion on 09:06 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

I'd say Martin without the skill personally, but there are definite similarities. Neither actually do much with the attributes they have.

I think if Martin had been a free transfer he'd be viewed as being a useful player but ultimately not good enough. Sadly he didn't cost us nothing.

Struggled massively in his first year, went to Charlton and got some form, came back and played behind Chopra and did well for a spell, scored some goals. He also played a fair few games under Mick during the survival season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Gwion on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 4013 viewsEly_Blue

And I think that him and Rowe being so poor out wide are the reason why Lambert has stuck with 3-5-2 as KVY and Garbutt since he came back have been better wide options

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Gwion on 11:26 - Oct 27 with 3951 viewsBlueBadger

Gwion on 10:23 - Oct 27 by Garv

I think if Martin had been a free transfer he'd be viewed as being a useful player but ultimately not good enough. Sadly he didn't cost us nothing.

Struggled massively in his first year, went to Charlton and got some form, came back and played behind Chopra and did well for a spell, scored some goals. He also played a fair few games under Mick during the survival season.

Martin's career trajectory can be surmised thus:
Signed
Pathetic
Dropped
Loaned
Ran around a lot
Goals in March
Ran around a lot
Got sent off

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024