Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 11:34 - Oct 27 with 5658 viewsSomethingBlue

Looking very good isn't he, very impressed with those assists and particularly the first. I'm definitely not an avid 4-4-2 enthusiast like many here but completely agree he seems a vastly different player in a pair — looks a massive threat at this level and there does appear to be a genuine understanding with Norwood. Wanted us to keep Harrison rather than him, given the choice, but I was absolutely wrong.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jackson on 11:36 - Oct 27 with 4181 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood’s been the making of him. He was doing similar last year, but had no help.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jackson on 11:50 - Oct 27 with 4153 viewsFixed_It

He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he first arrived, and struggled with the step-up. It was almost like he didn't believe he was good enough. I remember how hesitant he was throughout that scum game lsst September especially. Now he onviously has that belief, and looks a much better player for it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jackson on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 4129 viewsSwailsey

Yeah, big fan of him.

Nice that the players run to him equally when he sets up a goal too, clearly appreciated.

Think the Col U pre-season and Wimbledon winner made him.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jackson on 12:10 - Oct 27 with 4090 viewsLankHenners

Definitely helps having someone like Norwood alongside him, when the latter was out it somewhat exposed the weaknesses in his game which isn't really his fault but makes it obvious he needs to be played next to someone.

A shame we can't get the diamond working as it should suit us (and as an aside it's a bit of a concern that, given the players we have in that position, Lambert can't get the midfield really firing), and the 442 is let down by the wide players not being particularly good. Georgiou and Garbutt would be good LMs and a bit surprised the former hasn't had more of a chance there. Need a Jay Tabb type on the right side to allow KVY to get up and down better without being a) caught out of position and b) getting teamed up on by at least 2 opposition players.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jackson on 12:18 - Oct 27 with 4073 viewsIllinoisblue

If we don’t go up this year he’s the sort of player a just-relegated-from-the-premier-league Championship club will make a 4m - 5m bid for.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jackson on 12:45 - Oct 27 with 3992 viewsHerbivore

He's been quality. Those assists yesterday were excellent and he's been laying on chances all season as well as pitching in with a decent number of goals himself. The good thing with Jackson as well is that he has the attributes to step up a level what with his pace and ability to be a threat for 90 minutes, he just needs to be played in a role that suits him and to have a bit of confidence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 12:47 - Oct 27 with 3987 viewsBluebell

I am definitely eating humble pie.

I really thought Jackson and Nolan were rubbish last season but have revised my thinking now.

OK, I know we are in a league lower which helps but Jackson now has Norwood alongside him and it makes a hell of a difference than him playing up front on his own or with Keane (sorry but another one I don't rate). Nolan has also improved considerably from last season where I don't think he was completely fit.
Jackson on 13:00 - Oct 27 with 3947 viewsGarv

Jackson on 11:55 - Oct 27 by Swailsey

Yeah, big fan of him.

Nice that the players run to him equally when he sets up a goal too, clearly appreciated.

Think the Col U pre-season and Wimbledon winner made him.

The more you watch the goal against Wimbledon you realise what a finish it was.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 13:01 - Oct 27 with 3947 viewsFtnfwest

Fair comments something, I was undecided between the two to be honest as I’m not sure either had really got a fair crack for any length of time last season. There were one or two incidents that made me think there was a player there, and in Jackson’s case it was the header against Brentford. But anyway very pleased to see his success now and if, fingers crossed, we get back up, how he might then go with the previous experience.
Jackson on 13:03 - Oct 27 with 3933 viewsWickets

Jackson on 12:47 - Oct 27 by Bluebell

I am definitely eating humble pie.

I really thought Jackson and Nolan were rubbish last season but have revised my thinking now.

OK, I know we are in a league lower which helps but Jackson now has Norwood alongside him and it makes a hell of a difference than him playing up front on his own or with Keane (sorry but another one I don't rate). Nolan has also improved considerably from last season where I don't think he was completely fit.

To be fair quite a few made a knee jerk reaction to the players that Hurst came in , as regards Nolan i always thought there was a player in there and said so a couple of times last season , yes he was poor at times but what impressed me the most was his work rate and the fact his head never dropped . Jackson has i think always played in a two up front and was asked to be the lone striker and it just did not suit him, Strikers with pace always put fear into defenders . For me the goalkeepers don't seem to be able to hold on to the ball in this league and Jackson is often first to the rebound . Add to that its always easier to play in a winning side.
Jackson on 13:16 - Oct 27 with 3912 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s amazing what a difference a strike partner has made for him.

It was blatantly clear he isn’t the one to play as a solo striker (and that’s not meant as a criticism), especially in a team which wasn’t good enough to play that system correctly.

But with a physical presence alongside him, Jackson is thriving. And the other thing is he’s quite the predator for any rebounds that need snaffling up as well.

He and Norwood looked like two individuals at the start of the season, but a quarter of the season in and they’re definitely growing and improving the partnership as the weeks go by.
Both on seven goals now and are both a good bet to reach twenty or more by the end of the season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jackson on 13:26 - Oct 27 with 3868 viewsdavblue

Jackson on 12:18 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

If we don’t go up this year he’s the sort of player a just-relegated-from-the-premier-league Championship club will make a 4m - 5m bid for.

You might be right but I don’t think his all round game is good enough for the step up to the championship.
Jackson on 13:30 - Oct 27 with 3849 viewsGarv

Jackson on 13:16 - Oct 27 by ITFC_Forever

It was blatantly clear he isn’t the one to play as a solo striker (and that’s not meant as a criticism), especially in a team which wasn’t good enough to play that system correctly.

But with a physical presence alongside him, Jackson is thriving. And the other thing is he’s quite the predator for any rebounds that need snaffling up as well.

He and Norwood looked like two individuals at the start of the season, but a quarter of the season in and they’re definitely growing and improving the partnership as the weeks go by.
Both on seven goals now and are both a good bet to reach twenty or more by the end of the season.

I think it's scary good that Norwood can have 2/3 games out (only a breif appearance last Wednesday) and come straight back and score two goals.

Does his first goal count as a one on one?

Jackson on 13:31 - Oct 27 with 3842 viewsSwailsey

Jackson on 13:00 - Oct 27 by Garv

The more you watch the goal against Wimbledon you realise what a finish it was.

Do you mean that side on view? It’s great isn’t it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jackson on 13:43 - Oct 27 with 3810 viewsSwailsey

Jackson on 13:31 - Oct 27 by Swailsey

Do you mean that side on view? It’s great isn’t it.

Jackson on 14:04 - Oct 27 with 3762 viewsGarv

Jackson on 13:43 - Oct 27 by Swailsey

That gives the best view, yeah. Quality angle, quality finish.

Jackson on 14:06 - Oct 27 with 3757 viewsBluefish

Jackson on 13:16 - Oct 27 by ITFC_Forever

Utter madness that him and Harrison weren't played as a pair last season, it was so blindingly obvious and still a question mark that hangs over Lambert.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson on 14:11 - Oct 27 with 3738 viewsGarv

Jackson on 14:06 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

Utter madness that him and Harrison weren't played as a pair last season, it was so blindingly obvious and still a question mark that hangs over Lambert.

Harrison was barely ever fit, particularly after Lambert arrived. Plus from January onwards we had Quaner and Keane who were both better than Jackson and Harrison.

Jackson on 14:18 - Oct 27 with 3715 viewsBluefish

Jackson on 14:11 - Oct 27 by Garv

Harrison was barely ever fit, particularly after Lambert arrived. Plus from January onwards we had Quaner and Keane who were both better than Jackson and Harrison.

Quaner was horrific but no matter who the partner was we shouldn't have kept sticking Jackson up top on his own. Harrison was fit at times but much like Donacien Lambert didn't like him and wouldn't pick him.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson on 14:24 - Oct 27 with 3679 viewsGarv

Jackson on 14:18 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

Quaner was horrific but no matter who the partner was we shouldn't have kept sticking Jackson up top on his own. Harrison was fit at times but much like Donacien Lambert didn't like him and wouldn't pick him.

I agree he could probably have had a couple more chances than he did.

Although it's not saying much Quaner was our best striker during the second half of the season. Goals wise he got going too late, but he was an instant upgrade.

Jackson on 14:26 - Oct 27 with 3675 viewsitfcjoe

I think he could work well as a wide striker in a 433 as is really good at finding a man when he gets in behind. Looks up, freezes and then picks someone out - that’s an underrated skill

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson on 14:46 - Oct 27 with 3610 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 14:24 - Oct 27 by Garv

I agree he could probably have had a couple more chances than he did.

Although it's not saying much Quaner was our best striker during the second half of the season. Goals wise he got going too late, but he was an instant upgrade.

Quaner has the first touch of a trampoline. I think you're massively overeating him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 14:48 - Oct 27 with 3617 viewsSomethingBlue

Jackson on 14:26 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

I think he could work well as a wide striker in a 433 as is really good at finding a man when he gets in behind. Looks up, freezes and then picks someone out - that’s an underrated skill

I see what you mean on that and when he joined I thought he might play that kind of role. Not quite sure he'd be composed enough at the other bits you have to do in that position though. But then again I'm not 100% sure that would matter most of the time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jackson on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 3596 viewsGarv

Jackson on 14:46 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Quaner has the first touch of a trampoline. I think you're massively overeating him.

Jackson's first touch is also quite poor sometimes. He also has other attributes. Scored a handful of goals.

It's not a stretch to say he was better than Jackson and Harrison at the time.

Jackson on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 3595 viewsPJH

Jackson on 14:46 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Yeah, good how he miss controlled that one against Leeds into the net.

Quaner had a few good moments but was mostly disappointing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024