Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town 14:44 - Oct 27 with 1696 viewsartsbossbeard

When did all this start then? Mate of mine was moaning about them a few weeks ago and I've just encountered a bunch down near The Mermaid.

Big group, all on the wrong side of the road seemingly without a care for their own safety and all filming it.

I'm gonna sound like my old man but someone's going to get hurt..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:05 - Oct 27 with 1629 viewshandslikeplates

Yeah, I had a bunch of them ridding along on the wrong side of the road pulling wheelies, at first I was quite impressed as I could never ‘pop a wheelie’ on my Raleigh Grifter (too bloody heavy for starters), but it was bloody dangerous - trying not to sound like my mum.
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:08 - Oct 27 with 1621 viewsDubtractor

Bloody young people, doing young people things....

Err, actually I agree, and have noticed this a lot more in recent weeks. Wheelies and all sorts in busy traffic.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:13 - Oct 27 with 1601 viewsjdf987

Hopefully one of them gets hit to learn a lesson
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:22 - Oct 27 with 1565 viewsEastTownBlue

A couple of times recently I have carefully tried to overtake a group of kids on their bikes only for one of them to end up doing a wheelie on the wrong side of the road.
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:24 - Oct 27 with 1551 viewsGaryCooper

Puberty will catch up with them.
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:38 - Oct 27 with 1508 viewsN2_Blue

This seems to happen on a weekly basis in Hillingdon west London where I live. Loads of neighbourhood groups complaining about this kind of behaviour and generally causing a nuisance to drivers. Surprised one hasn’t been killed yet or more worryingly caused a big accident injurying innocent drivers/pedestrians

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 15:52 - Oct 27 with 1455 viewsWD19

It’s a bi-product of do-gooding 30 mph zones.

This stuff never used to happen when you could plough through doing 90mph in your motor.
Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 16:00 - Oct 27 with 1447 viewsFunge

To add - a whole bunch of these dickheads piling around in the evenings with no lights on, caning across traffic etc.

I sound like my dad, but the point is I don't want to be knocking kids off bikes.
Login to get fewer ads

Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 16:22 - Oct 27 with 1384 viewsBent_double

We've had this for the past couple of years, although not so much recently, maybe because the Police had a crackdown on groups of teenagers riding bikes through the town centre, stopping them to check whether they were stolen (most bikes are Carrera/Voodoo, costing £300-500), and confiscating them.

Prior to that they would be riding up and down the main tourist pedestrian street doing wheelies, narrowly avoiding small children as they went. Don't see it so much now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Loads of kids on bikes weaving in and out of traffic/doing tricks in town on 16:38 - Oct 27 with 1341 viewsfabian_illness

When I was a kid:
No lights - b0ll0cking.
Riding on the path - b0ll0cking.
Whenever you did either of these things there was always a copper behind you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024