Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe 17:08 - Oct 27 with 4541 viewscbower

Watching Liverpool now in full flow against Spurs brings memories of the 70s and early 80s flooding back. I know we didn't beat Liverpool at Anfield until Adam Tanner in 94/95 relegation year but I attended some great games there and a few good draws when they were European Champions. A few wins at PR in that time, Mariner and D'Avray headers spring to mind. All distant memories I know but never to be forgotten. Amazi g times to be a young boy and Town fan (from Liverpool!!)

bluescouser

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 17:12 - Oct 27 with 4271 viewsFtnfwest

Crikey what a different game now though. They’re all falling over at the slightest touch and screaming at the ref continuously. Just seems to get worse
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:24 - Oct 27 with 4169 viewsIllinoisblue

Liverpool have lost only 1 of their last 49 league games. Which is incredible and also underlines just how good Man City have been.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:25 - Oct 27 with 4162 viewsMullet

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:24 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Liverpool have lost only 1 of their last 49 league games. Which is incredible and also underlines just how good Man City have been.

After losing to them, and the 8-0 this season I wish Citeh nothing but Europa League misery.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:51 - Oct 27 with 4114 viewscolly

"We used to go toe to toe with the best."

Forty years is rather a long time.

Sorry.
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 4100 viewsSuperblue95

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:51 - Oct 27 by colly

Sorry.

Better than spending your entire history going head to head with Leyton Orient, Doncaster Rovers and Carlisle United.

Sorry.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:04 - Oct 27 with 4072 viewsjeera

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:51 - Oct 27 by colly

Sorry.

Feck off.

More than held our own in the Prem since those days beating Liverpool at Anfield and holding the likes of Man U, walking over Everton.

Spell in Europe.

Back to your Norfolk box with you. Another result for you lot I see.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:06 - Oct 27 with 4064 viewsMullet

Sorry.

Less than 20 since we were up there challenging in Europe. Not that you'd know anything about European football. Sorry.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:08 - Oct 27 with 4054 viewscbower

Sorry.

As I said, "distant memories' but it's no crime to have them so no need for your mock apology as I'm rather quite lucky to have seen such times. I guess you haven't been quite so lucky in your football experiences or feel football started with the Premier League or some such nonsense. Sorry.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:21 - Oct 27 with 4022 viewsIllinoisblue

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:25 - Oct 27 by Mullet

After losing to them, and the 8-0 this season I wish Citeh nothing but Europa League misery.

City annoy the heck out of me. Their dodgy finances seems to be a story that the media don’t want to pursue.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:23 - Oct 27 with 4002 viewscolly

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:55 - Oct 27 by Superblue95

Better than spending your entire history going head to head with Leyton Orient, Doncaster Rovers and Carlisle United.

Sorry.

Fair enough.

Us Colchester United supporters must learn to know our place.

Sorry.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 19:24]
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:28 - Oct 27 with 3981 viewsjeera

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:23 - Oct 27 by colly

Fair enough.

Us Colchester United supporters must learn to know our place.

Sorry.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 19:24]

'We'.

It's 'we'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:35 - Oct 27 with 3952 viewscolly

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:28 - Oct 27 by jeera

'We'.

It's 'we'.

Sorry.
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:43 - Oct 27 with 3921 viewsGeoffSentence

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 18:55 - Oct 27 by Superblue95

Sorry.

He's a budgie on a wind up, it's what the div list is for.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:50 - Oct 27 with 3893 viewscolly

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:43 - Oct 27 by GeoffSentence

What! Preposterous allegation.

Budgie?

I'm actually the current 'Eddie the Eagle' thank you very much.
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:05 - Oct 27 with 3858 viewsBlueBadger

Sorry.

Imagine what you lot would be like if you actually won a trophy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:33 - Oct 27 with 3799 viewsSuperblue95

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:43 - Oct 27 by GeoffSentence

He’s actually a Colchester fan on a wind up isn’t he? Or is he a budgie masquerading as a Colchester fan?

Either is pathetic and worse than the usual budgie trolls

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:44 - Oct 27 with 3769 viewscolly

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:33 - Oct 27 by Superblue95

He’s actually a Colchester fan on a wind up isn’t he? Or is he a budgie masquerading as a Colchester fan?

Either is pathetic and worse than the usual budgie trolls

Find something better to do and concern yourselves with. It's Sunday night for goodness sake.

My excuse is that there's not much to do in Colchester for me at the moment. Sad to say.

If what I originally posted is considered a "wind up" or "budgie" talk then you are very thin skinned.

Chill!

It's a good thing to have a supporter of another club post on here occasionally (very) surely?

Or do you want a closed shop with nothing but your own club's bias posted all the time?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 21:00]
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:49 - Oct 27 with 3757 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:05 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

Won a trophy

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:53 - Oct 27 with 3751 viewsfactual_blue

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:49 - Oct 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

Won a trophy

They have won the Beating A Declining Bayern Munich Team Cup.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:54 - Oct 27 with 3743 viewsfactual_blue

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:44 - Oct 27 by colly

Find something better to do and concern yourselves with. It's Sunday night for goodness sake.

My excuse is that there's not much to do in Colchester for me at the moment. Sad to say.

If what I originally posted is considered a "wind up" or "budgie" talk then you are very thin skinned.

Chill!

It's a good thing to have a supporter of another club post on here occasionally (very) surely?

Or do you want a closed shop with nothing but your own club's bias posted all the time?

I know time moves slowly in norfolk, but it's actually Sunday.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 21:05 - Oct 27 with 3721 viewscolly

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:54 - Oct 27 by factual_blue

I know time moves slowly in norfolk, but it's actually Sunday.

Duly corrected.

Don't know about Norfolk but every day's the same in our little backwater.

Sentiment still stands.

Why are you so concerned with budgie infiltrators? I shouldn't think they really exist at the moment what with concerns over the Man. U. defeat.
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 03:41 - Oct 28 with 3555 viewsSuperblue95

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:44 - Oct 27 by colly

Chill!

The ultimate form of defensive is telling someone who is perfectly chilled to “chill” when they’ve called them out for being a bit weird in a perfectly rational way.

Of course you’re free to post on here but odd to make a post slagging us off and expecting not to be called out on it when we are a much bigger club.

I thought you were a Col U fan but others thought you were a budgie so I dunno what you are. Whatever you are is fine, for instance Ulla is our resident budgie. We have a Newcastle and a Sheffield Weds fan who post on here too with no hassle because they are respectful.

If you’re a Colchester fan then all the best for the season, I know you guys don’t like us but we don’t mind you lot and anything is better than seeing a sh1tehouse club like Crewe, Cheltenham or Salford win promotion.

Edit: I was on a pub crawl on my response probably makes no sense in places. Is that good enough for your making use of Sunday evening??
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 3:47]

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 08:10 - Oct 28 with 3433 viewsBasingstokeBlue

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 20:05 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 08:14 - Oct 28 with 3424 viewsChurchman

Sorry.

I struggle to understand and the relevance of 40 years. For those of us who witnessed it and in a few instances the 62 Champions, its real. For younger people it’s part of what the club is.

Sorry.
We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 08:15 - Oct 28 with 3421 viewsGeoffSentence

We used to go toe to toe with the best. Hard to believe on 19:50 - Oct 27 by colly

What! Preposterous allegation.

Budgie?

I'm actually the current 'Eddie the Eagle' thank you very much.

Well there's a funny thing. This time last year my daughter was 'seeing' Eddie The Eagle.

It didn't work out.

For those who remember, this was the source of my 'mascots can't dance' def info.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024