Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday 10:17 - Oct 28 with 6452 viewsHullblue

Possibly just because that ‘Southend get battered’ song was so catchy. Felt like an actual derby at times.

Fair play to them for singing when they were 3-0 down too. One of the better away games I’ve been to recently.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 with 4438 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

If I had to describe it in one word it would be proper.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 with 4443 viewsITFC_Forever

The "Southend get battered" song was awful. Almost as bad as "we're the left side etc"

Them losing 7-1 to Donny was nothing to do with us, so why we kept going on about it, I have no idea.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:29 - Oct 28 with 4412 viewsReuser_is_God

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

The "Southend get battered" song was awful. Almost as bad as "we're the left side etc"

Them losing 7-1 to Donny was nothing to do with us, so why we kept going on about it, I have no idea.

It was better when we took the 7-1 bit out

Evans out

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:31 - Oct 28 with 4393 viewsBasuco

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

I did like it when we booed the left side ect song.
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:32 - Oct 28 with 4396 viewsitfcjoe

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:29 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

It was better when we took the 7-1 bit out

I thought I'd been singing it wrong the whole game as when I walked out heard someone singing '7-1 at home' and I hadn't been doing that, glad I wasn't going mad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 4368 viewsReuser_is_God

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:32 - Oct 28 by itfcjoe

I thought I'd been singing it wrong the whole game as when I walked out heard someone singing '7-1 at home' and I hadn't been doing that, glad I wasn't going mad

Nah, it started with the 7-1 line in & was then changed to 'everywhere they go'.

That's my take on it anyway although I was rather drunk.

Evans out

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:35 - Oct 28 with 4362 viewsITFC_Forever

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:26 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

Totally agree.

If I had to describe it in one word it would be proper.

7-1 song and "we're the left side" etc, apart, it was a proper decent away game.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The tickets with seat numbers in an unreserved seating away end added to it. We stood all game in one of the gangways.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 4342 viewsArnieM

I think it makes us look petty and tin pot. Leave that for the arrogant scum RS.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 4347 viewsartsbossbeard

The young lad about half way who looked like Norman from Fireman Sam had me giggling.

Offering everyone outside afterwards whilst also demonstrating some non-age appropriate hand gestures.

Cracking day out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 4337 viewsHullblue

A small part of me did wonder why we were kicking them while they were down. The rest of me found it very funny.

Agree the left side/right side thing is crap though.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:41 - Oct 28 with 4308 viewsReuser_is_God

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:35 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

7-1 song and "we're the left side" etc, apart, it was a proper decent away game.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The tickets with seat numbers in an unreserved seating away end added to it. We stood all game in one of the gangways.

I arrived at the ground just as Norwood scored, once I stopped celebrating I showed the nearest steward my ticket so he could tell me where to go, his response was 'sit or stand wherever you fcuking like'

Evans out

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:41 - Oct 28 with 4299 viewsPJH

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:35 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

I did not know it was unreserved seating until afterwards so I was dutifully standing in close proximity to the seat number on my ticket, completely central and six rows back.

There was an old style surge when the first goal went in but not so much where I was with the other two.
Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:42 - Oct 28 with 4286 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It was louder then any Norwich Away game in years, I enjoyed it a lot more than all the other away days this season, was nice to have a close one after Accrington and Fleetwood. Our youth element appears to have multiplied.

Still don't understand why we take a drum to away games, think it is strange.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:45 - Oct 28 with 4264 viewsHullblue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:37 - Oct 28 by ArnieM

I think it makes us look petty and tin pot. Leave that for the arrogant scum RS.

You’re probably right to an extent, but it helped create a great atmosphere. Suspect the atmosphere at the home game will be better for it too.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:48 - Oct 28 with 4243 viewsitfcjoe

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:41 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

I arrived at the ground just as Norwood scored, once I stopped celebrating I showed the nearest steward my ticket so he could tell me where to go, his response was 'sit or stand wherever you fcuking like'

When i got there we ended up on that right hand side, there was a full wedge of seats there but no one was allowed on them for no dsicernible reason and stewards getting really stressed about it.

There were loads of latecomers streaming in, and it was obvious we were in the area which was sold as seating tickets which wasn't ideal with every gangway filled.

Spoke to one steward who looked like the head one and he was saying he was just waiting to get it approved but it was so obvious what needed to happen - one nob steward was saying that everyone has a seat and needs to find it.

Common sense prevailed and we got that area without anyone having to be kicked out from the stewards trying to hold their position.

Only thing I did notice after we scored 2nd or 3rd goals was a full bottle of 7up or Sprite came flying over my head and straight into the family sort of section next to us, into a group of older women - must have not hit them on the head or nything as no one was moaning or making a big deal but that could have been nasty

All in all good fun day out though, a good away end there - I managed to brave the gauntlet and walk past the exit of the U16 block

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:50 - Oct 28 with 4221 viewstextbackup

I’m pretty sure I got hit with a coin or two in the short time I was stood in the rowdy corner.
Southend away was the only reason I wanted to go in L1, it didn’t disappoint

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 4125 viewsHullblue

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:50 - Oct 28 by textbackup

I’m pretty sure I got hit with a coin or two in the short time I was stood in the rowdy corner.
Southend away was the only reason I wanted to go in L1, it didn’t disappoint

Accidentally down-voted this - consider it an uppie.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 4127 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, great away day. We stood in one of the gangways all game as well, surprised they let that happen really, although they didn't have much choice either way.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 4116 viewsKieran_Knows

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:48 - Oct 28 by itfcjoe

When i got there we ended up on that right hand side, there was a full wedge of seats there but no one was allowed on them for no dsicernible reason and stewards getting really stressed about it.

There were loads of latecomers streaming in, and it was obvious we were in the area which was sold as seating tickets which wasn't ideal with every gangway filled.

Spoke to one steward who looked like the head one and he was saying he was just waiting to get it approved but it was so obvious what needed to happen - one nob steward was saying that everyone has a seat and needs to find it.

Common sense prevailed and we got that area without anyone having to be kicked out from the stewards trying to hold their position.

Only thing I did notice after we scored 2nd or 3rd goals was a full bottle of 7up or Sprite came flying over my head and straight into the family sort of section next to us, into a group of older women - must have not hit them on the head or nything as no one was moaning or making a big deal but that could have been nasty

All in all good fun day out though, a good away end there - I managed to brave the gauntlet and walk past the exit of the U16 block

I saw that bottle fly over as well, was just to the right of us.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:02 - Oct 28 with 4104 viewsartsbossbeard

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:00 - Oct 28 by Kieran_Knows

I saw that bottle fly over as well, was just to the right of us.

We must've been reasonably close then as it landed about a row in front of where we were.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 4085 viewsKieran_Knows

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:02 - Oct 28 by artsbossbeard

We must've been reasonably close then as it landed about a row in front of where we were.

Indeed. We we basically standing on the stairwell as you came up the stairs (not the stairs in the corner by the bog, the next set down). Was rather confusing telling who the difference between SW & JW was when walking back after the game, both their heads looked the same from the back, ha!

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:05 - Oct 28 with 4058 viewsartsbossbeard

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:04 - Oct 28 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. We we basically standing on the stairwell as you came up the stairs (not the stairs in the corner by the bog, the next set down). Was rather confusing telling who the difference between SW & JW was when walking back after the game, both their heads looked the same from the back, ha!

Hahaha!

And they sound the same now too...
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 11:12]

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 4042 viewsKieran_Knows

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:05 - Oct 28 by artsbossbeard

Hahaha!

And they sound the same now too...
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 11:12]

Ha, most certainly do. Just wish Jack would buy one of those hats and then I don't think you'd ever tell them apart!

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 11:09 - Oct 28 with 4026 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:34 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

Nah, it started with the 7-1 line in & was then changed to 'everywhere they go'.

That's my take on it anyway although I was rather drunk.

Seemed to me that 7-1 was the line when it started but most people just assumed it was ‘everywhere they go’ as per the rest of the song, so that just ended up being what the majority were singing. From my also very drunken recollection anyway

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I enjoyed the fat kid next to him..... on 11:12 - Oct 28 with 3996 viewsBloots

Never heard us take the p!ss out of a home support as much as we did on Saturday on 10:37 - Oct 28 by artsbossbeard

The young lad about half way who looked like Norman from Fireman Sam had me giggling.

Offering everyone outside afterwards whilst also demonstrating some non-age appropriate hand gestures.

Cracking day out.

....with the dodgy hair. I don't think he watched more than 5 minutes of the entire game.

Also the older bloke in the dirty cap that appeared at the wall every time we scored, he looked like he came from Jaywick rather than Southend.

Characters eh.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024