Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR 12:10 - Oct 28 with 7664 viewsBluefish

I remember lots of you defending it previously.

I've just seen one of the Man U penos from yesterday and while I support it in the circumstances it was not a peno in a million years

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:15 - Oct 28 with 4698 viewsfooters

It's tearing my family apart.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 4683 viewsGarv

I like how they checked for the keeper being off his line (he was a mile off) and still didn't do anything.

Just scrap it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 4666 viewswkj

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:15 - Oct 28 by footers

It's tearing my family apart.

Lisa?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:23 - Oct 28 with 4661 viewsReuser_is_God

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:21 - Oct 28 by Garv

I like how they checked for the keeper being off his line (he was a mile off) and still didn't do anything.

Just scrap it.

Yet they were really hot on that right at the start of the season.

No consistency.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:26 - Oct 28 with 4646 viewsBasuco

Yes, but as it is just the same referees who cannot make the correct decision in real time are proving they are equally unable to make a correct decision with multiple replays and slow motion either. Also they need to show the replays at the ground so fans attending the game can see what happened, as they did at Southampton on Friday for the red card.
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:27 - Oct 28 with 4647 viewsMrTown

The concept of VAR is very good for football.

The execution is miles off at the moment.

So I'm not sure what your point is, the principle of VAR is good for football.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:30 - Oct 28 with 4623 viewsfooters

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:22 - Oct 28 by wkj

Lisa?

I did not consult VAR, I did not.

What a story.

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:31 - Oct 28 with 4618 viewsBasuco

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:23 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

Yet they were really hot on that right at the start of the season.

No consistency.

Why are you surprised at this? Premier league referees are consistently inconsistent in every game.
Login to get fewer ads

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:37 - Oct 28 with 4589 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blame Frank Lampard...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:37 - Oct 28 with 4588 viewsbilllm

It's a load of tosh, ruining football,
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:42 - Oct 28 with 4577 viewsvilanovablue

I remain very much in favour of it but also accepted that it's implementation was going to be painful. By it's very nature it's such a massive change that it was always going to be this way. In a couple of years I expect we'll all agree it's better for the game and wonder what the initial fuss was all about.
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:50 - Oct 28 with 4545 viewsFtnfwest

Would rather not have it no doubt. The only positive must be we haven’t got those extra pointless refs behind the goal in champions league that to date have never made a decision on anything. I say that but to be honest I’m not 100% sure they have gone?
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:06 - Oct 28 with 4488 viewsCoastalblue

It's meaning weaker referees no longer feel they need to make tough decisions because they think VAR will sort it out, and then it doesn't.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:07 - Oct 28 with 4472 viewsBluefish

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:27 - Oct 28 by MrTown

My point is that it is a load of sh*t and it is damaging football

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:10 - Oct 28 with 4460 viewsChurchman

I’m one of those muppets that doesn’t agree with it. Goal line technology: agree with that.

My reasons are that the game is best with minimal stoppages, human error is part of it, there is a danger that refs and linesmen will rely on it and not make decisions and slow motion can sometimes distort the truth of it. Lastly, even with technology in stop start sports such as cricket or American Football, there are still wrong decisions made. So for me the negatives outweigh the positives.
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:13 - Oct 28 with 4449 viewsDanTheMan

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 12:30 - Oct 28 by footers

I did not consult VAR, I did not.

What a story.

How's your sex life?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:17 - Oct 28 with 4439 viewsfooters

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:13 - Oct 28 by DanTheMan

How's your sex life?

I cannot tell you, it's confidential ;)

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:17 - Oct 28 with 4442 viewsMattinLondon

I would keep it but use it differently- let each manager have three appeals per match.
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:18 - Oct 28 with 4436 viewshomer_123

It's brought in because too much money is riding out outcomes.

Even then, it doesn't resolve the issues it was supposed to - so, all in all, it's a bit of waste of time, literally.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:18 - Oct 28 with 4437 viewsEwan_Oozami

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:07 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

My point is that it is a load of sh*t and it is damaging football

They haven't gone far enough with it - in line with People's Votes on everything else, they shouldn't have VAR refs, they should have randomly selected people in Stockley Park who view the replays and get options as to what to do next, eg, Penalty, No Penalty, Yellow card for diving, Red card for dangerous tackle, Public Flogging, Hanging, Hanging plus Drawing and Quartering, etc, etc....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:25 - Oct 28 with 4419 viewsBluefish

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:18 - Oct 28 by homer_123

It's brought in because too much money is riding out outcomes.

Even then, it doesn't resolve the issues it was supposed to - so, all in all, it's a bit of waste of time, literally.

Agreed, it has been brought in for neutral fans and people that like betting. It has completely disregarded football supporters.

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 4403 viewsDanTheMan

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:17 - Oct 28 by footers

I cannot tell you, it's confidential ;)

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART FOOTERS.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:28 - Oct 28 with 4401 viewsPJH

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:17 - Oct 28 by MattinLondon

I would keep it but use it differently- let each manager have three appeals per match.

What if they don't like apples?
Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:33 - Oct 28 with 4382 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jesus H, it is not remotely good for football, unless your experience of football is solely via watching on television or you have a multi-million pound financial interest in it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Do any of you muppets still agree with VAR on 13:35 - Oct 28 with 4367 viewsITFC_Forever

No. It's as bad as ever.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024