Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough player asks fans to change words 10:26 - Oct 31 with 2586 viewstonydinning

Sounds familiar...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50228024

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 10:47 - Oct 31 with 2527 viewsN2_Blue

Jeeze, seems like every club has supporters that want to sing this pathetic, racially stereotyping, chant at one of their black players. What is wrong with people, sad and pathetic

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 10:51 - Oct 31 with 2511 viewsfabian_illness

Quite agree that this sort of thing should be stamped out.

Fair play to Ivan Toney for his comments and suggesting a word change.
Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 10:54 - Oct 31 with 2507 viewschicoazul

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 10:47 - Oct 31 by N2_Blue

Jeeze, seems like every club has supporters that want to sing this pathetic, racially stereotyping, chant at one of their black players. What is wrong with people, sad and pathetic

It is because, in part, many white people and it is almost always white people who start these chants, very often view black players and indeed black men through a prism of animalistic & hyper-sexualised qualities. We often see this subconscious racism on here when people talk about our black players over the years being brainless, all pace, powerful etc etc. They see them as Mandingo caricatures rather than people. It's awful but not surprising and I applaud all the boyos I have seen on here who have raised it either with their fellow fans or the club itself.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 11:27 - Oct 31 with 2394 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 10:54 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

It is because, in part, many white people and it is almost always white people who start these chants, very often view black players and indeed black men through a prism of animalistic & hyper-sexualised qualities. We often see this subconscious racism on here when people talk about our black players over the years being brainless, all pace, powerful etc etc. They see them as Mandingo caricatures rather than people. It's awful but not surprising and I applaud all the boyos I have seen on here who have raised it either with their fellow fans or the club itself.

Massive generalisation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 12:43 - Oct 31 with 2261 viewsBlueBadger

Who are you and what have you done with the real Chico today?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 14:51 - Oct 31 with 2077 viewsAlan_Handsome

If there was a song that made a stereotype about a white man would it be outlawed?

For example, if there was a song about Cole Skuse having no rhythym when he danced (a white stereotype), would this be acceptable?

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 14:56 - Oct 31 with 2069 viewsSpruceMoose

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 11:27 - Oct 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Massive generalisation.

Actually, he's hit the nail on the head.

It's not your fault, it's not mine, it's not their fault, it's a societal thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 14:57 - Oct 31 with 2065 viewsSpruceMoose

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 14:51 - Oct 31 by Alan_Handsome

If there was a song that made a stereotype about a white man would it be outlawed?

For example, if there was a song about Cole Skuse having no rhythym when he danced (a white stereotype), would this be acceptable?

No. As to why, this has been explained over and over again on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:21 - Oct 31 with 1970 viewsAlan_Handsome

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 14:57 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

No. As to why, this has been explained over and over again on here.

Have you gota link?
I'm fascinated, and still intrigued.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:23 - Oct 31 with 1967 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else willing to admit to googling 'Mandingo'?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:25 - Oct 31 with 1961 viewsSpruceMoose

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:21 - Oct 31 by Alan_Handsome

Have you gota link?
I'm fascinated, and still intrigued.

Here you go squire.

There were a few threads relating to it, but this one the one I found first.

As supporters is the song acceptable? by ChateauWines 21 Oct 2019 13:05
[poll_3253]

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:45 - Oct 31 with 1931 viewschicoazul

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:23 - Oct 31 by giant_stow

I forgot to say dont do it from work!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 17:03 - Oct 31 with 1905 viewsNBVJohn

An intelligent, dignified and considered response from Ivan Toney. Good lad.

As for the fans concerned, and I am sure that like our own, it’s a small minority, it beggars belief.

It almost seems like some ridiculous FOMO on ‘top bantz’ thing that’s going on here.
Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 17:04 - Oct 31 with 1900 viewsChiefXL

Peterborough player asks fans to change words on 16:23 - Oct 31 by giant_stow

Ah so that's your excuse this time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024