Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were 14:05 - Oct 31 with 7943 viewsIllinoisblue

The Beloved

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 23:38 - Oct 31 with 1984 viewshoppy

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 20:58 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

Ah, what a player, I'd forgotten all about him.

He was alright, but no Jay Tabb...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 00:49 - Nov 1 with 1972 viewshorsehollerer

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 14:05 - Oct 31 by ITFC_Forever

Shed Seven
Pulp
Suede

First couple of Dandy Warhols albums were great

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 04:21 - Nov 1 with 1927 viewsIPS_wich

My son turns 15 in a couple of months. He asked me what I listened when I was his age...which would have been 89/90/91 era.

He’s listened to my eight suggestions and I’ve listened to them again. Our perspectives are:

- The Stone Roses/The Stone Roses: I’ve never really stopped listening to this on and off for almost 30 years. Love it. My son thought it was great (he plays guitar and thought Squires work was great)

- Pop will Eat Itself/This is the Day: I wouldn’t rush to listen to again (apart from Wise Up! Sucker). Feels very much of it’s time. The sons comment - ‘absolute garbage’

- Neds Atomic Dustbin/God Fodder: I really liked it. I thinks it aged well and I’ve listened to 2-3 or times since. My son: kind of liked it (especially Grey Cells Green)

- The Orb/Adventures Beyond Ultraworld: another I was surprised I really liked over 20 years since I last listened to it. Oddly, I recall Perpetual Dawn being my 15-year old self’s favourite song, but now I actually thought it was the worst song on the album. My son described it as ‘not really music’

- The Levellers/Levelling the Land: Brought back lots of very happy memories (I saw them live a lot from 92-97) and it’s surprising how the lyrics really fit for 2019. Musically pretty basic. My son liked some of it but found it very samey by the end.

- Depeche Mode/Violater: The other album on this list that I still listen to a lot. Bloody great. My son liked it too.

- The KLF/White Room: Made me remember that I was more a fan of the singles, especially the versions of Last Train and What Time is Love (America) that weren’t on the album. My son thought it was boring.

- Rage Against the Machine/ Rage Against the Machine: Loved it and it was my son’s favourite.
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 07:17 - Nov 1 with 1892 viewsbaxterbasics

2 Unlimited

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 08:03 - Nov 1 with 1867 viewsfooters

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 04:21 - Nov 1 by IPS_wich

My son turns 15 in a couple of months. He asked me what I listened when I was his age...which would have been 89/90/91 era.

He’s listened to my eight suggestions and I’ve listened to them again. Our perspectives are:

- The Stone Roses/The Stone Roses: I’ve never really stopped listening to this on and off for almost 30 years. Love it. My son thought it was great (he plays guitar and thought Squires work was great)

- Pop will Eat Itself/This is the Day: I wouldn’t rush to listen to again (apart from Wise Up! Sucker). Feels very much of it’s time. The sons comment - ‘absolute garbage’

- Neds Atomic Dustbin/God Fodder: I really liked it. I thinks it aged well and I’ve listened to 2-3 or times since. My son: kind of liked it (especially Grey Cells Green)

- The Orb/Adventures Beyond Ultraworld: another I was surprised I really liked over 20 years since I last listened to it. Oddly, I recall Perpetual Dawn being my 15-year old self’s favourite song, but now I actually thought it was the worst song on the album. My son described it as ‘not really music’

- The Levellers/Levelling the Land: Brought back lots of very happy memories (I saw them live a lot from 92-97) and it’s surprising how the lyrics really fit for 2019. Musically pretty basic. My son liked some of it but found it very samey by the end.

- Depeche Mode/Violater: The other album on this list that I still listen to a lot. Bloody great. My son liked it too.

- The KLF/White Room: Made me remember that I was more a fan of the singles, especially the versions of Last Train and What Time is Love (America) that weren’t on the album. My son thought it was boring.

- Rage Against the Machine/ Rage Against the Machine: Loved it and it was my son’s favourite.

Violator is an incredible album.

I don't want to sound too harsh on your son, but if he thinks the KLF are boring, then perhaps it's time he started making his own way in the world?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Couple here, though I've never forgotten how good they are :) on 08:10 - Nov 1 with 1865 viewsDyland

Spooky, Gargantuan, 1993 -

Eat Static, Implant, 1994 -

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 08:47 - Nov 1 with 1842 viewsurbanblue

Super Furry Animals

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 08:51 - Nov 1 with 1834 viewsandytown

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 08:47 - Nov 1 by urbanblue

Super Furry Animals

Milltown Brothers
Northside
Login to get fewer ads

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 1779 viewsDecageBruce

My music tastes ceased about 97 so...

Nirvana
Green Day (up to Nimrod)
Pearl Jam
The Wildhearts
Counting Crows
Pantera
Symposium
Radiohead
Bush
Silverchair
Bad Religion
Sublime
NOFX
Matchbox 20
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 15:53 - Nov 1 with 1724 viewsbluewein

Electrasy...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 1677 viewsMVBlue

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 08:03 - Nov 1 by footers

Violator is an incredible album.

I don't want to sound too harsh on your son, but if he thinks the KLF are boring, then perhaps it's time he started making his own way in the world?

Also interesting tunes by KLF artists:

And oft forgot, the Bluetones

If you missed the mid 90s its hard to describe just what a huge scene music was back then, pub culture, football, partying. Very in flux times it was a decent time.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 19:49]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 1666 viewsFunge

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 04:21 - Nov 1 by IPS_wich

Interesting that your son was feeling most of the Rock/ Indie on there, which, with the exception of PWEI, has all aged pretty well (although I thought PWEI/ Jesus Jones/ Wonder Stuff were all pretty w@nk at the time). Never really liked The Levellers much, but they had a bit more about them.

Wonder if IPS wich Jnr will have an epiphany in a couple of years with dance music, like we all did.

KLF and Orb are both well decent.
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 00:13 - Nov 2 with 1573 viewsEpiphone

Slowdive
Catherine Wheel
Tricky
Belly
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 0:18]
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 10:16 - Nov 2 with 1468 viewsDebsyAngel

Must add another couple - Adorable and My Life Story.

Lucky to see them both live and they were excellent (at the Colchester Arts Centre). Still enjoy listening to them today.
Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 10:19 - Nov 2 with 1467 viewswkj

Idlewild, Technically rose to fame in the early 00's but im claiming it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 11:00 - Nov 2 with 1450 viewshoppy

Bands from the early 90s who you'd forgetten how good they were on 10:19 - Nov 2 by wkj

Idlewild, Technically rose to fame in the early 00's but im claiming it.

Well if you’re going to claim that, then I’ll claim The The, even though they were more 80’s...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024